WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have three phones actually but never use the other two. They're emergency ones but I think I'll sell them on eBay for a next to nothing.

Personally, I'm thinking more and more about consolidation again. I like the feel of the Icon as as much as I don't like to switch formats and use adapters, I may get the 930 and just use that as my daily driver. I have a good pair of headphones now so I can tolerate the crappy audio from Nokia a little better.

Now I could fix that by selling my Z Ultra and getting a HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Gray, but I like my Z Ultra too much. So I won't get the 930 until maybe at year's end at the earliest.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I know that makes absolutely no sense but then again, neither did the original...
I still didn't understand what he meant but....i dug up a neat grave, put all my senses into it and closed it....because I'm never gonna understand what he meant

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So you downloaded 8.1? Thought you didn't believe in things like the developer preview :)

LOL! Not exactly. I was debating on whether I should. I wanted to see what happened with others first then decide. But yes, I have have the preview. It works fine on my phone with no issues. I even have Cortana going though I haven't bothered much with it, which is what I thought would happen.

I think the dev preview is a good idea. The problem comes from the fact that people think it's the RTM version and they have issues (go look at the WP8.1 forum for a taste) and wonder why the OS is so bad after the 'update'. That's my issue with it. If WP8.1 caused me problems I'd wipe it off my phone.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Morning folks. I should be looking forward to being off two days from work next week but I'm spending those days going the final "finish all these damn assignments" push.
Off topic
The word "push" reminds me of a song and now that I think of the lyrics....i feel sick that I've been singing the song out loud in public!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I still didn't understand what he meant but....i dug up a neat grave, put all my senses into it and closed it....because I'm never gonna understand what he meant

I'm not going to bother going over it again. There's some sort of block there in his head and it makes no sense to me. I could explain to him what people may be thinking when they hear that but he still probably wouldn't get it. As you say, though. Best to move on.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

LOL! Not exactly. I was debating on whether I should. I wanted to see what happened with others first then decide. But yes, I have have the preview. It works fine on my phone with no issues. I even have Cortana going though I haven't bothered much with it, which is what I thought would happen.

I think the dev preview is a good idea. The problem comes from the fact that people think it's the RTM version and they have issues (go look at the WP8.1 forum for a taste) and wonder why the OS is so bad after the 'update'. That's my issue with it. If WP8.1 caused me problems I'd wipe it off my phone.

Yeah the forum is a wash with people moaning it is seriously doing my nut in! I was thinking of giving the 8.1 preview a go as well but then just before the preview came out my.phone broke :S so not too sure now :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I'm thinking more and more about consolidation again. I like the feel of the Icon as as much as I don't like to switch formats and use adapters, I may get the 930 and just use that as my daily driver. I have a good pair of headphones now so I can tolerate the crappy audio from Nokia a little better.

Now I could fix that by selling my Z Ultra and getting a HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Gray, but I like my Z Ultra too much. So I won't get the 930 until maybe at year's end at the earliest.

There's a good deal to get a 1020 but I don't want the older CPU. I'd rather wait and see what comes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah the forum is a wash with people moaning it is seriously doing my nut in! I was thinking of giving the 8.1 preview a go as well but then just before the preview came out my.phone broke :S so not too sure now :)

Didn't you get a new phone or am I thinking of someone else?

You have a L920 right? I have zero issues with WP8.1. If everything is smooth on your phone then go for it. If you have any minor issues I'd do a hard reset or use the NSU then load WP8.1. That's my opinion though.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Didn't you get a new phone or am I thinking of someone else?

You have a L920 right? I have zero issues with WP8.1. If everything is smooth on your phone then go for it. If you have any minor issues I'd do a hard reset or use the NSU then load WP8.1. That's my opinion though.

Yeah Vodafone replace my 920, although it is most likely not a new phone probably one someone had and didn't like and returned it within 14 days :S

I may give it a try then. I really am looking forward to all the new features 8.1 gives. However currently my xbox music beta app i have installed isn't working at all on my 8 load it up and screen goes white :S and Nokia mix radio doesn't work with 8.1 right now. I listen to my music at work currently :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah Vodafone replace my 920, although it is most likely not a new phone probably one someone had and didn't like and returned it within 14 days :S

I may give it a try then. I really am looking forward to all the new features 8.1 gives. However currently my xbox music beta app i have installed isn't working at all on my 8 load it up and screen goes white :S and Nokia mix radio doesn't work with 8.1 right now. I listen to my music at work currently :)

Before upgrading to WP8.1 you need the phone to have no issues. Honestly, they'll just carry over otherwise.

I'd use this: FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK

Do a good run through your phone and then upgrade.

What's supposed to be wrong with Nokia Music? I use it as the player currently but I can't remember if I used it since I upgraded for the mixes.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

The l920 you were talking about in the other thread?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Wow, that's a first. That site actually came up! Usually all media (aside from BBC) gets black listed.
maybe they don't know about it yet :p
Excuse my sarcasm for minute... Oh look! Another song about sex is popular! Should I be surprised???? :p

I can see why singing that in public could be an issue. :p

all I cared about was the beats in it :p you need more examples? :devil:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)