WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
We (as Americans), are very susceptible to heart disease for many reasons, given our heavy reliance on fast food, and all around poor dieting. One reason for this, is that we usually consume more than enough omega 6 fatty acids, which are especially high in eggs. However, we don't seem to consume enough Omega 3 fatty acids, which is abundant in fish. Add to that the fact that most Americans don't eat enough nuts, and eat too much processed garbage. We are not getting the amount of unsaturated fats that we need.

The Inuit consume large quantities of omega 3 through whale fat, and so I would assume that their balance of omega 3, and omega 6 acids is close to a 1:1 radio, which is ideal for a healthy heart.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We (as Americans), are very susceptible to heart disease for many reasons, given our heavy reliance on fast food, and all around poor dieting. One reason for this, is that we usually consume more than enough omega 6 fatty acids, which are especially high in eggs. However, we don't seem to consume enough Omega 3 fatty acids, which is abundant in fish. Add to that the fact that most Americans don't eat enough nuts, and eat too much processed garbage. We are not getting the amount of unsaturated fats that we need.

The Inuit's consume large quantities of omega 3 through whale fat, and so I would assume that their balance of omega 3, and omega 6 acids is close to a 1:1 radio, which is ideal for a healthy heart.

you also cant leave out that Americans want things fast and now. they don't have to time to eat healthy but with that thinking they will have time later on to be sick and health problems. also you have to think about people who don't have a lot of money to buy healthy stuff. think about it its much more expensive to buy healthy stuff than to buy fast food :/ .

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ok then um Switzerland? Finland ? Brazil? Peru ? Dominican republic ? Salvador ?

Finland and Switzerland? Really? Sigh. Finland had one of the best school systems in the world (free to Ph.D. Level) Has a fantastic health system (free) and treats it's older population well. I'm not 100% sure about Switzerland but I'm sure it's good as are most European countries. (recognize most).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think women or guys are complicated. its all about communication, obviously nadia and I aren't at the same level of understanding but we'll get there. my ex thought I was complicated when we started out and I thought she was complicated then we later understood each other . so yeah I think shes complicated but I think im more complicated because I don't make sense at times, while nadia does make sense most or all the time. besides we kid around like that :p we do have serious conversations but most of the time we mess around :)

Too early... :S

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

wel if you want to you I start off my day with 12 grain whole wheat bread with some PB&j the later that same morning I eat an apple.then in lunch it varies from some Hawaiian pizza or peperoni pizza or something made by me either a sandwhich of that same bread with some lettuces, and ham and tomatoes and mayonnaise. then later after I get out of class I eat 2 or 1 apple and orange. then when I get home its dinner time so that varies too :p

Not too bad, better than most people I know.

Keep in mind that pizza, especially with pepperoni's, is not very healthy. It's good every once and a while, but I'd limit them to at least once a week for moderate dieting.

Don't forget to drink a lot of water. You should try to drink at least 1 liter a day (more if you are sweating)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Finland and Switzerland? Really? Sigh. Finland had one of the best school systems in the world (free to Ph.D. Level) Has a fantastic health system (free) and treats it's older population well. I'm not 100% sure about Switzerland but I'm sure it's good as are most European countries. (recognize most).

ah thanks for that . I was just naming off countries off the top of my head. hey since you are here, what are 2nd world countries ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not too bad, better than most people I know.

Keep in mind that pizza, especially with pepperoni's, is not very healthy. It's good every once and a while, but I'd limit them to at least once a week for moderate dieting.

Don't forget to drink a lot of water. You should try to drink at least 1 liter a day (more if you are sweating)

nah I eat pepperoni pizza once a week since me and a friend have this tradition to eat pizza every Thursday after class :p but most of the time I eat that on a regular basis but I mix it up just so I don't get board but I drink water like 32 ounces a day. then on the weekends I treat myself to something sweet :3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

never mind I found what where second world countries. I knew it had to do with the cold war in a way and im still not sure but it says 2nd world countries are the ones that were allied to the soviet union at the time. first world countires were the ones that were allied to the U.S. third world countries were the neutral countries like Mexico. thought I think it out dated so that means I don't know what are the current first world , second world or third world. my history books don't tell me D:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

ah thanks for that . I was just naming off countries off the top of my head. hey since you are here, what are 2nd world countries ?

Off the top of my head I've never heard the term used. However probably countries that are progressing to 1st world status. They would be countries that are good in general but due to things like human rights, etc they are seen as less than ideal.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Off the top of my head I've never heard the term used. However probably countries that are progressing to 1st world status. They would be countries that are good in general but due to things like human rights, etc they are seen as less than ideal.

I figured as much. so that means if we were using the old way then technically Switzerland and Finland are " third world " while Russia would be "second world " and then U.S is "first world"

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

you also cant leave out that Americans want things fast and now. they don't have to time to eat healthy but with that thinking they will have time later on to be sick and health problems. also you have to think about people who don't have a lot of money to buy healthy stuff. think about it its much more expensive to buy healthy stuff than to buy fast food :/ .

I can easily argue that fact that healthy food is more expensive. People that think that are simple shopping wrong. For example, someone who mostly eats meat will buy healthier meat (%95 or more lean), but what they are missing is that in order to be healthier, you need to eat less meat. So buying 10lbs of fatty beef is more expensive than half that amount in lean beef. The same concept applies to other foods. Dry beans and rice are very cheap. Frozen vegetables are very cheap if you can't get good fresh vegetables (which are also relatively cheap). Most nuts, other than peanuts and sunflower nuts, are pricy... But so are sugary drinks... Water is free! Fruits are not too cheap, but as a snack, fruits are cheaper than most unhealthy snacks, especially because fruits contain the fiber that give you that full feeling, while sugary snacks with corn syrup make you feel hungry, and wanting to consume more.

Yes it is a fact that people are lazy, and don't take the time to cook hearty meals, but if they want to ruin their kids lives by not leading by example, and let their children grow up in a hospital eating McDonald's every other day... Well, what can you do?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I can easily argue that fact that healthy food is more expensive. People that think that are simple shopping wrong. For example, someone who mostly eats meat will buy healthier meat (%95 or more lean), but what they are missing is that in order to be healthier, you need to eat less meat. So buying 10lbs of fatty beef is more expensive than half that amount in lean beef. The same concept applies to other foods. Dry beans and rice are very cheap. Frozen vegetables are very cheap if you can't get good fresh vegetables (which are also relatively cheap). Most nuts, other than peanuts and sunflower nuts, are pricy... But so are sugary drinks... Water is free! Fruits are not too cheap, but as a snack, fruits are cheaper than most unhealthy snacks, especially because fruits contain the fiber that give you that full feeling, while sugary snacks with corn syrup make you feel hungry, and wanting to consume more.

Yes it is a fact that people are lazy, and don't take the time to cook hearty meals, but if they want to ruin their kids lives by not leading by example, and let their children grow up in a hospital eating McDonald's every other day... Well, what can you do?

oh lol my info is off a documentary i watched in nutrion class i forgot the name of it but it said that most people in the US with low income go to fast food to go eat. i mean take for example some college students who don't make enough to make ends meet and usully they cut costs on food and buy cup in noddles or something cheep instead of buying vegetables. their reasoning is that " i can get the best bang for the buck if buy this instead of that" i can relate that here in northern cali food prices is becoming expensive and while i do have money for food to spend this semester i have to cut back on some of the foods i buy and find a cheaper alternative. i would love to buy more apples since i love apples but i have to buy less :(. without a lot of money people do try to get cheaper foods . another example soda here in the store is 1$ for 2 litters while healthy stuff is expensive :/

i think its the government and the lobbyist. since cooperation's have money to get into the government they get to subsidize unhealthy food a lot more than vegetables and fruits. so while the family going to eat a toco bell and spending like 10 in total for 5 meal deal #2 they have the mind that their kids aren't hungry and didn't go out and spend like 30$ on vegetables on healthy stuff that wont satisfy their family and have their family hungry.
and no im no arguing against you :p im just saying what i saw in the documentary and learned in my nutrition class

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Me and my ex ate in McDonalds everyday :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12