WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Em I was referring to evolution and creationism. Though I disagree with creationism since they are clowns . Saying that the universe 🌌 was made in 7 days pffff that's wrong .

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Em I was referring to evolution and creationism. Though I disagree with creationism since they are clowns . Saying that the universe �� was made in 7 days pffff that's wrong .

Yes, we know. Our point was there is no 'other' side. The 'other' side has nothing. It's just made up fluff.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes, we know. Our point was there is no 'other' side. The 'other' side has nothing. It's just made up fluff.

Personally I think creationism is much worse than just believe in god's creation. It's admitting that they are wrong, it's giving in in the most awkward way.

If you believe in god and creation, so be it, I won't judge you, I won't argue, everybody should believe what he or she wants. But using science as a tool to promote crap, that's just not acceptable. And it's very silly too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Personally I think creationism is much worse than just believe in god's creation. It's admitting that they are wrong, it's giving in in the most awkward way.

If you believe in god and creation, so be it, I won't judge you, I won't argue, everybody should believe what he or she wants. But using science as a tool to promote crap, that's just not acceptable. And it's very silly too.

I've seen creationist and evolution 'debates'. They're horrible things to watch because the creationist knows they have nothing and just tries to bring up nonsense. The issue you have here is that they go out of their way to 'prove' there's an issue with the science when there isn't. However, if the audience is at all ignorant, which most are, they'll be convinced there's a problem. Hence why we have the problem we have now.

On the science sites I visit it's referred to "lying for 'insert name of prophet or deity here'."

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

In the science sites I visit it's referred to "lying for 'insert name of prophet or deity here'."

That's something I like about science. Scientists are humans too, they will lie, they will fake data, they will promote things that are not true. But there will always be other scientists trying to prove them wrong.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's something I like about science. Scientists are humans too, they will lie, they will fake data, they will promote things that are not true. But there will always be other scientists trying to prove them wrong.

calling them out ;)

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

The best way to think of evolution is this. We are related to all living things on this planet. Everything has DNA aside for a couple of anomalies. Even if we didn't have all the other evidence for evolution it would still be a fact.

You share 50% of your DNA with a banana and 98% with chimpanzees.

It's banana flies, not bananas itself, I think. 😊

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think sometimes that the evolution side is out looking for evidence to support their theory instead of wasting their time proving creationism wrong

There are those who do that job, endlessly. Most trying to go to school boards to promote good science. However, there's a growing trend of parents complaining about it. Then there is a lot of creationist in government too. You probably haven't noticed this. I am referring to the US by the way.

Truth is, there is no need to crush creationism, it's already been crushed. The problem is, it won't go away. As for proving a theory, it's already proved. Has been for some time now, 150+ years. The evidence is overwhelming on one side.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think sometimes that the evolution side is out looking for evidence to support their theory instead of wasting their time proving creationism wrong

That's science. Scientists usually don't care much what people think outside their field. It's a problem too, taking time to explain would help in many situations, media often don't get stuff right.

That means the general evolutionary biologist will just carry on with her or his science, publishing, getting grants. It's absorbing enough, they won't care much about creationism.

Except if things become acute, when some schools in Bern wanted to teach creationism, the outcry was enormous, also from scientists. They never got to do it.

And most importantly:

Truth is, there is no need to crush creationism, it's already been crushed. The problem is, it won't go away. As for proving a theory, it's already proved. Has been for some time now, 150+ years. The evidence is overwhelming on one side.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Pause the evolution talk! :p I'll be back.....or else this thread will evolve to other topics!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan