WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well I don't really buy the whole evolution thing because I always asked myself. How are things we have made perfectly to the exact specifications .

Yes, I guess everything was made by an old man in the sky.

What does "perfectly to the exact specifications" even mean, what is perfect, what specifications?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

You've got to be kidding me. Really? What's your issue with it?

u9ajymer

Sent from my 1520 by Cortana

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I guess everything was made by an old man in the sky.

What does "perfectly to the exact specifications" even mean, what is perfect, what specifications?

What I mean by that is how the earth is perfectly placed to sustain life . Even a degree off the planet would be different place . Also with everything we have things had to be built by someone. Take a house for example someone has to build it so people can live in it right . But with evolution its like saying the house built itself after millions of years and its still building itself

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What I mean by that is how the earth is perfectly placed to sustain life . Even a degree off the planet would be different place . Also with everything we have things had to be built by someone. Take a house for example someone has to build it so people can live in it right . But with evolution its like saying the house built itself after millions of years and its still building itself

First part: Yes, it's very special. Even if there are other planets like earth we should still be thankful that we are here. It's amazing.

Second part: Are you... well, I don't want to offend you, but that's just silly.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Or by chance the planets aligned to the sun perfectly and have their rotations. Some one had to design it . That's why I don't buy evolution

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Or by chance the planets aligned to the sun perfectly and have their rotations. Some one had to design it . That's why I don't buy evolution

So you are deeply religious, right?

Then I won't try to explain things, it's okay.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So you are deeply religious, right?

Then I won't try to explain things, it's okay.

Oh no lol 😁
I decided things on my own. I like learning about both evolution and god and what not . Don't think I don't like learning I like it

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

As silly as I think evolution is I never do discredit it or call I dumb. I think they have logic but I don't buy it though

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

First, to start. What is known as the 'Goldilocks Zone' is not that precise. There's quite a variance in which the planet can sit in.

Your second argument comes from, everything needs a designer metaphor. This is incorrect. We are not talking about houses or watches. We're discussing organics. Completely different.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

but you said your God is not Jesus :/

It's not 😊. They are 2 different entities . One is his son is Jesus and the other one is god himself. There is a whole explanation about it . I don't want to " brainwash" as they want to call it. I just call it getting both sides and choosing what you want to believe in

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's not ��. They are 2 different entities . One is his son is Jesus and the other one is god himself. There is a whole explanation about it . I don't want to " brainwash" as they want to call it. I just call it getting both sides and choosing what you want to believe in

Funny I thought Jesus was part of the Trinity. How confused am I?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Oh no lol 
I decided things on my own. I like learning about both evolution and god and what not . Don't think I don't like learning I like it

First of all, you mix up tons of things.

Where our planet is as part of all physical laws is just the frame biology was able to develop. We are speaking about billions of years. You have to realize that evolution shaped our planet. Our atmosphere and climate is how it is due to life. There wasn't just the planet in the state it is now and suddenly life sparked.

So if you have issues with that, you don't believe in physics and astronomy either.

Also, cultural achievements like houses are a consequence of evolution. There are animals building shelters, there are animals using tools. Evolution made animals capable of learning, and learning leads to culture. And yes, learning evolved. The more intelligent pray was able to escape the hunter, the more intelligent hunter was able to capture a prey. Evolution is always an exchange with the surroundings.

Evolution itself is a process that takes time no human can imagine. Our last common ancestor between a chimpanzee and us was around 6 million years ago. Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago. There is evidence for single cellular organisms from billions of years back.

Just as a comparison, the bible thinks the earth is 5000 years old.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss