WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

First of all, you mix up tons of things.

Where our planet is as part of all physical laws is just the frame biology was able to develop. We are speaking about billions of years. You have to realize that evolution shaped our planet. Our atmosphere and climate is how it is due to life. There wasn't just the planet in the state it is now and suddenly life sparked.

So if you have issues with that, you don't believe in physics and astronomy either.

Also, cultural achievements like houses are a consequence of evolution. There are animals building shelters, there are animals using tools. Evolution made animals capable of learning, and learning leads to culture. And yes, learning evolved. The more intelligent pray was able to escape the hunter, the more intelligent hunter was able to capture a prey. Evolution is always an exchange with the surroundings.

Evolution itself is a process that takes time no human can imagine. Our last common ancestor between a chimpanzee and us was around 6 million years ago. Dinosaurs lived 65 million years ago. There is evidence for single cellular organisms from billions of years back.

Just as a comparison, the bible thinks the earth is 5000 years old.

It's actually around 6000, but I won't argue with you. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't think I'm highly religious but I do wonder about this world.

A lot if things seem like a huge grand design.

For all I know, I'm in an alien petri dish.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

That is possible but probably unlikely. That's sort of a Men In Black type thinking.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

OK. Let's straighten out some things with regards to some arguments to evolution.

1. Evolution has nothing do with the beginning of the universe.
2. Evolution has nothing do with the beginning of life.

Evolution is what happens after life gets going. That's not a cop out. That's just the way it is.

To dispute evolution is to dispute pretty much all science. Evolution relies heavily on Geophysics, Geology, Astrology, Physics, Chemistry and of course Biology. To not agree with the scientific consensus of evolution is to disagree with all of science in other words.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

It's not ��. They are 2 different entities . One is his son is Jesus and the other one is god himself. There is a whole explanation about it . I don't want to " brainwash" as they want to call it. I just call it getting both sides and choosing what you want to believe in

but that doesn't make sense :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't feel like typing loads of information and people missing it or me not having time to clarify.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Funny I thought Jesus was part of the Trinity. How confused am I?
nah I don't buy into the trinity either. by thinking that way god sent himself to the world, later was killed to redeem humanity from satin, then revived himself .

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

nah I don't buy into the trinity either. by thinking that way god sent himself to the world, later was killed to redeem humanity from satin, then revived himself .

Well does sending his son to do the same thing make any sense at all? What was the need? Why the blood sacrifice? Are we really sinful creatures? What exactly is sin? Wrestle with that.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I really never got this "he died for our sins" thing, I'm committing (incredibly pleasurable) sins all the time, even though Jesus died for our sins.

So what exactly did he die for? Does it still count for me? Or will I go directly to hell?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I definitely believe we evolve and have evolution occur. I just really wonder about what prompted the start of this evolution string.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.

A chemical reaction? We're a bit unsure how life started. We will probably never know exactly how but it's likely life will be created in the lab soon but that won't answer all the questions.

Once life got going, evolution was simply the next step in things. There's no direction in evolution. It just happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb