WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Its a Saturday night at the end of the semester and I get to spend it working on clearing one of my last obstacles - a final paper for my women's issues (yes, that's the name of the course). My topic is comprehensive maternity leave.

At least Sahib and I live in states that provide some type of paid leave on the state level. California has the best coverage on that right now, with New Jersey offering something similar to California's model. The US is one of 4 countries that doesn't offer paid maternity leave coverage.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WPC 75K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Its a Saturday night at the end of the semester and I get to spend it working on clearing one of my last obstacles - a final paper for my women's issues (yes, that's the name of the course). My topic is comprehensive maternity leave.

At least Sahib and I live in states that provide some type of paid leave on the state level. California has the best coverage on that right now, with New Jersey offering something similar to California's model. The US is one of 4 countries that doesn't offer paid maternity leave coverage.

I got to type up a 13 page essay on criminology and theories and what they mean but by any chance what do you mean by woman issues ?

I never really thought about paid leave or paid maternity leave . I thought all states provided that . Boy was I wrong. Wait wtf why don't other states have maternity leave ? Is it that the other states are broker than Cali ? That's an interesting thing I should look up .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, I'm off to finishing up this thing.

I would say its the weekend and relax . But you case is different from mine, since you have a full time job , you don't have time to give up weekends like me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I got to type up a 13 page essay on criminology and theories and what they mean but by any chance what do you mean by woman issues ?

I never really thought about paid leave or paid maternity leave . I thought all states provided that . Boy was I wrong. Wait wtf why don't other states have maternity leave ? Is it that the other states are broker than Cali ? That's an interesting thing I should look up .

Women's Issues is just a name for the gender studies course I'm taking. If you want to, and I get a decent grade back, I can send you a copy of my paper with more importantly, the reference list so you can do your own reading.

More importantly, it is for mostly political reasons why there isn't a federal paid maternity leave program. The Family Medical Leave Act (Google this) allows for 12 weeks UNPAID leave, with the key word I put in caps. So yes, women can take time from work for maternity but it isn't paid and California doesn't cover 100% of the salary during the time off - just 55%.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Women's Issues is just a name for the gender studies course I'm taking. If you want to, and I get a decent grade back, I can send you a copy of my paper with more importantly, the reference list so you can do your own reading.

More importantly, it is for mostly political reasons why there isn't a federal paid maternity leave program. The Family Medical Leave Act (Google this) allows for 12 weeks UNPAID leave, with the key word I put in caps. So yes, women can take time from work for maternity but it isn't paid and California doesn't cover 100% of the salary during the time off - just 55%.

sure that would be nice :)
ok ill look it up. though I do remember that my history teacher would leave for a few days once his wife was about to have the baby.so im not sure if he got payed or not. anyways ill figure it out once Im done searching for it

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

huh so basically it mandates that employers cant fire that worker if he or she is under that act. that's pretty cool

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

aw sorry shu I haven't bought any new cars that are worth showing :p im just upgrading all of my C class cars now

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

huh so basically it mandates that employers cant fire that worker if he or she is under that act. that's pretty cool

It is eligible for men too, and can be used for people who need time to care for a sick family member...although it typically gets used for maternity leave. Look up the Pregnancy Discrimination Act too while you're at it. Yes, before that act was passed, women could and did get fired for being pregnant.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

aw sorry shu I haven't bought any new cars that are worth showing :p im just upgrading all of my C class cars now

You should get a Tesla! California's the best place to get them since (I'm pretty sure) they have more superchargers than any other state.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett