WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have the same impression. Everything feels more fluid. And when I open the native calendar it only loads for one or two seconds, before it took at least twice as long.

Battery seems to be better too so far.

Have you found anything new?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Bummer... :(

All I'd want is Quiet Hours actually. Now I just turn of vibration manually (what is much easier with WP8.1, before I always had to go into the settings), but I'd still like to have a white list that people can reach me in an emergency.

I don't talk to my phone. For Swiss people it's strange anyway, even when there's a German version released. It would never understand our dialect, and speaking in "high" German to a phone is just uncomfortable.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

All I'd want is Quiet Hours actually. Now I just turn of vibration manually (what is much easier with WP8.1, before I always had to go into the settings), but I'd still like to have a white list that people can reach me in an emergency.

I don't talk to my phone. For Swiss people it's strange anyway, even when there's a German version released. It would never understand our dialect, and speaking in "high" German to a phone is just uncomfortable.

I use Cortana only occasionally at home. I would never use it in public. Just not me. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I usually type, not talk. I wouldn't talk to my phone in public either.

It does seem a bit weird to do that still.

Since Cortana doesn't fully work over here yet I don't find it very useful. I haven't tried it since the update. It doesn't seem to do anything with my emails or my travel plans.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I don't see a difference in my battery 🔋

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140516_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140516_0001.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 6

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Updated the 925 last night. Transitions seems a lot cleaner and faster. Even Xbox Music loads quicker too. Gonna test out the battery life today. But based on first impressions this has a much closer to final release feel than the previous update.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. Updated the 925 last night. Transitions seems a lot cleaner and faster. Even Xbox Music loads quicker too. Gonna test out the battery life today. But based on first impressions this has a much closer to final release feel than the previous update.

I have to agree there. I had always questioned the first release as being RTM. There's still features missing that I thought they were going to include though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't see a difference in my battery 

My battery is after 5 hours still at 84 %. That's an incredible improvement, usually it would be at around 65 % or so. I didn't use Whatsapp often though, still, it feels like it is much better.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree there. I had always questioned the first release as being RTM. There's still features missing that I thought they were going to include though.

MSFT is always MIA when it comes to "features missing that I always thought they would include". It's been the m.o. since WP7 as they 🏃 on their own calendar time wise.

On the hardware scene, that 930 looks more and more appealing. The card slot thing may not be such as issue for me because of how Sony has made their SIM tray as a solid back and inverted. That means as long as I get a very good adapter - my repair guys sells those - I can switch from nano to Micro SIM a bit more easily. Would rather have the same style card slot, it this is an important improvement.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I wouldn't see a reason to buy the 930. The only real advantages it has over the 8X are the bigger screen and the better camera.

Both is good enough for me. Even if the 930 wasn't just a late international release of the Icon, this would prevent me from buying it soon. And my 8X just had all the important parts replaced, it's practically new.

Only when its price is reduced by quite a bit I will think about it.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

My battery is after 5 hours still at 84 %. That's an incredible improvement, usually it would be at around 65 % or so. I didn't use Whatsapp often though, still, it feels like it is much better.

Yup,I have also felt improvements in battery consumption. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

MSFT is always MIA when it comes to "features missing that I always thought they would include". It's been the m.o. since WP7 as they 🏃 on their own calendar time wise.

On the hardware scene, that 930 looks more and more appealing. The card slot thing may not be such as issue for me because of how Sony has made their SIM tray as a solid back and inverted. That means as long as I get a very good adapter - my repair guys sells those - I can switch from nano to Micro SIM a bit more easily. Would rather have the same style card slot, it this is an important improvement.

I'm not really interested in the L930 myself. I'll wait and see what else comes along. I'm slightly disappointed they're releasing 512MB devices again. Seems like a silly move to me. I won't hold my breath hoping Nokia releases an 'amazing' handset as there's always 'something' missing with their handsets. So I may not get a Nokia this time round. I may not get a WP. Don't know. Too confused really.

As for missing features, I refer to this list: Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Phone Central

If those are the features we're supposed to have with WP8.1 there's quite a few still missing with DP WP8.1 I'm also disappointed with the lack of reply with document attachments unless the file picker/file manager comes along and gives us this ability.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I wouldn't see a reason to buy the 930. The only real advantages it has over the 8X are the bigger screen and the better camera.

Both is good enough for me. Even if the 930 wasn't just a late international release of the Icon, this would prevent me from buying it soon. And my 8X just had all the important parts replaced, it's practically new.

Only when its price is reduced by quite a bit I will think about it.
Actually for me the advantages are, better internals, better camera, more storage, bigger screen and better camera. The audio on the 8X still slays anything on WP because Beats is actually a plus, not a minus (and the built it amp makes sound still good with Beats turned off).

I can still pass on the 930 because I have a bigger card I the Z Ultra and I still love both form factors of the 8X and 925. If MSFT doesn't find a way to tweak the OS or add apps to take advantage of the extra horsepower, then upgrading a handset doesn't have as many advantages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)