WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That was random...

It was supposed to be, I don't want to get banned over writing about another thread in here ;-)

I don't know if Laura is still reading this (I hope she doesn't have to read anything) but still...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It was supposed to be, I don't want to get banned over writing about another thread in here ;-)

I don't know if Laura is still reading this (I hope she doesn't have to read anything) but still...

It's the off topic thread. Write what you want. :p

Laura does drop in from time to time.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's the off topic thread. Write what you want. :p

Laura does drop in from time to time.

We had this passionate discussion about the reasons for people disliking Windows 8 (not 8.1) and one of the users was like: "Everybody who thinks Windows 8 is bad is stupid. Windows 8 is great. I don't give you any reasons, but I dismiss all the reasons you give me." He was also mostly active in this thread so another users raised the question if he might be there for a special reason trying to convince everybody of the greatness of Windows 8.

Laura closed the thread then when I again called bull**** on him.

Apart from this guy, the discussion was actually very interesting though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We had this passionate discussion about the reasons for people disliking Windows 8 (not 8.1) and one of the users was like: "Everybody who thinks Windows 8 is bad is stupid. Windows 8 is great. I don't give you any reasons, but I dismiss all the reasons you give me.".

That's not a way to argue... :/

Well the mods close the thread when they feel the discussion is going nowhere. It's seems it got to that point.

W8 is a good ideas that was implemented poorly. W8.1 update 1 had fixed most of the issues but still far from perfect.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That's not a way to argue... :/

Well the mods close the thread when they feel the discussion is going nowhere. It's seems it got to that point.

W8 is a good ideas that was implemented poorly. W8.1 update 1 had fixed most of the issues but still far from perfect.

It was very good she closed the thread. I was actually all done with the discussion, the discussion was done. But this guy started all over again dismissing all points that were made previously and stating again that people who don't like Windows 8 are just slow to adapt and behind, learn resistant and can't adjust to the technical progression. I can't just not write a response to this...

And I agree with all your points.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There was an update for the Swiss public transport app. This is one of the apps I would see a reason to switch platform for, but it's very well maintained on Windows Phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It was very good she closed the thread. I was actually all done with the discussion, the discussion was done. But this guy started all over again dismissing all points that were made previously and stating again that people who don't like Windows 8 are just slow to adapt and behind, learn resistant and can't adjust to the technical progression. I can't just not write a response to this...

And I agree with all your points.

That's something I've heard before. I do agree that people got way too upset over the start menu. I'm actually a person who dislikes it. I personally think the start screen is more effective but I'm not a fan of the charms.

I also don't use the metro apps unless I have to. There's nothing I've found that I need from them.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Prison Pen-Pals, write a prisoner.

That was just an ad in one of my apps. It shows me again why I usually prefer buying an app to seeing advertisements, and it surprises me that there are enough people wanting to write a prisoner they don't know, so that they put ads on my phone...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Prison Pen-Pals, write a prisoner.

That was just an ad in one of my apps. It shows me again why I usually prefer buying an app to seeing advertisements, and it surprises me that there are enough people wanting to write a prisoner they don't know, so that they put ads on my phone...

Nothing really surprises me anymore...

In a way it's supposed to help 'normalize' prisoners I think but who knows? Apparently some of the worse criminals in the US get lots of mail. It's a bit weird.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Nothing really surprises me anymore...

In a way it's supposed to help 'normalize' prisoners I think but who knows? Apparently some of the worse criminals in the US get lots of mail. It's a bit weird.

There was recently a case in Switzerland. I don't remember very well, but I think it was a girl writing to a prisoner, and when he got released they met and he killed her. Back then there was a lot of articles about this, a lot of women seem to write prisoners, and often the "I might be able to save him!" effect comes into play.

But I'm also sure that getting mail can help prisoners to cope and to adjust.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There was recently a case in Switzerland. I don't remember very well, but I think it was a girl writing to a prisoner, and when he got released they met and he killed her. Back then there was a lot of articles about this, a lot of women seem to write prisoners, and often the "I might be able to save him!" effect comes into play.

But I'm also sure that getting mail can help prisoners to cope and to adjust.

There's probably many stories like that in the US unfortunately. :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not much happening here.

My old school experiments worked, I have the product I need. This afternoon I will electroporate them, bam!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's giving the bacteria an electrical pulse that they take up foreign DNA. Imagining what happens to the cells is more fun than doing it though ;-)

I did look up the definition as with a word like 'electro' in it usually indicates electricity so my curiosity got the better of me. So you're electrocuting cells. Cool.

How's your plans for London going?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I did look up the definition as with a word like 'electro' in it usually indicates electricity so my curiosity got the better of me. So you're electrocuting cells. Cool.

How's your plans for London going?

Damn, I forgot about London. I have to talk to my girlfriend... we are just too easily distracted from everything when we are together. Young love I guess ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Damn, I forgot about London. I have to talk to my girlfriend... we are just too easily distracted from everything when we are together. Young love I guess ;-)

I think everyone is the same. :p Though travel is important to me. :)

We don't normally plan too far ahead with our trips but this year we decided to for the first time to avoid hefty costs. We tend to be more last minute. We'll still do some extra trips to somewhere last minute though. :)

I'm going to be in London next Friday. Is there anything you'd like to to look into? I have four to five hours to wander around by myself.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think everyone is the same. :p Though travel is important to me. :)

We don't normally plan too far ahead with our trips but this year we decided to for the first time to avoid hefty costs. We tend to be more last minute. We'll still do some extra trips to somewhere last minute though. :)

I'm going to be in London next Friday. Is there anything you'd like to to look into? I have four to five hours to wander around by myself.

I'm more of a last minute person myself. However flights are just so much more cheap when booked very far in advance.

I don't really have an idea. But if you see something good let me know :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm more of a last minute person myself. However flights are just so much more cheap when booked very far in advance.

I don't really have an idea. But if you see something good let me know :)

LOL! There's lot's that is good in London. :p

I'm hanging around King's Cross area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb