WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LOL! There's lot's that is good in London. :p

I'm hanging around King's Cross area.

I know, I have briefly been there two times (once for a weekend, once just for a night) and I liked it both times very much ;-)

King's Cross (also written Kings Cross) is an area of central London bordering north-eastern Bloomsbury, divided between the Boroughs of Camden and Islington.

These names just sound epic. The beginning of this Wikipedia article is like the beginning of a adventure story :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know, I have briefly been there two times (once for a weekend, once just for a night) and I liked it both times very much ;-)

These names just sound epic. The beginning of this Wikipedia article is like the beginning of a adventure story :D

There's lots to see in London but the whole of the UK is quite the adventure. :) So much history here. Are you a Beatles fan?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There's lots to see in London but the whole of the UK is quite the adventure. :) So much history here. Are you a Beatles fan?

Not really. For a long time I only knew songs like "Yellow Submarine", "Let it be" and "Yesterday". They sound like children's songs to me. So I never really cared about them. Later I realized they did also some amazing music, but then I never bothered to really listen into it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not really. For a long time I only knew songs like "Yellow Submarine", "Let it be" and "Yesterday". They sound like children's songs to me. So I never really cared about them. Later I realized they did also some amazing music, but then I never bothered to really listen into it.

I was only asking in case you wanted to do the Abbey Road crossing picture. :p It's not that far out of the centre and the bus trip is kind of nice.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully the weather is nice when you decide to come. Our weather is quite unpredictable.

Well, I think we'll be able to entertain ourselves when it's too bad ;-)

And I don't mind a little rain.

Looking forward to WWDC, now that I have an iPad ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still questing to try to find the best WP for my needs. I love how the Z Ultra has me covered for Android so well I'm not looking at anything else. I wish I could find a good camera and good audio on the same device...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm still questing to try to find the best WP for my needs. I love how the Z Ultra has me covered for Android so well I'm not looking at anything else. I wish I could find a good camera and good audio on the same device...

Maybe one of the new OEMs will have a WP that will work for you. It's possible Sony may still come to the party. Not sure though.

I'm still debating whether I stick to WP at this stage. It sometimes feels like eternity before anything gets released on this platform. Apps, OS updates, new phones.... I'm not getting any younger.

Oh well. I'll just wait and see.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe one of the new OEMs will have a WP that will work for you. It's possible Sony may still come to the party. Not sure though.

I'm still debating whether I stick to WP at this stage. It sometimes feels like eternity before anything gets released on this platform. Apps, OS updates, new phones.... I'm not getting any younger.

Oh well. I'll just wait and see.

I typically try not to keep two phoned from the same OEM, even if they have different OS - so Sony is out for me. Honestly, the 8X was closer to what I wanted than the 925. I actually like Beats Audio, but would settle for a proper and better equalizer. I could go to the 5" mark screen size wise, but we'll see. I do like the icon though. Maybe I should just get that and resurrect a Sanza Fuse. Or find a Zune HD player. Lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I went over to The Guardian UK and the only thing they have on the Surface Pro 3 is an opinion piece by their resident iFan. A person who has probably never touched a Surface let alone uses the latest Windows OS.

Great work as usual from The Guardian.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I typically try not to keep two phoned from the same OEM, even if they have different OS - so Sony is out for me. Honestly, the 8X was closer to what I wanted than the 925. I actually like Beats Audio, but would settle for a proper and better equalizer. I could go to the 5" mark screen size wise, but we'll see. I do like the icon though. Maybe I should just get that and resurrect a Sanza Fuse. Or find a Zune HD player. Lol.

I just think the Icon is not very sexy. And it's half a year old when it will become available here as the 930.

At the moment the 930 would be the only phone that interests me though. But I'll keep to my plan and wait until the next iPhone will be presented. Then I'll device if I wait longer for another WP or if I get that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious as to why MS dumped Zune. It sounded like a good system.

Not sure what happened to Nokia with regards to their audio. They were good at one point but I guess they changed focus to cameras (to use a pun).

Since I'm not a huge audiophile it doesn't bother me as much as those who are.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious as to why MS dumped Zune. It sounded like a good system.

Not sure what happened to Nokia with regards to their audio. They were good at one point but I guess they changed focus to cameras (to use a pun).

Since I'm not a huge audiophile it doesn't bother me as much as those who are.

I just think the Icon is not very sexy. And it's half a year old when it will become available here as the 930.

At the moment the 930 would be the only phone that interests me though. But I'll keep to my plan and wait until the next iPhone will be presented. Then I'll device if I wait longer for another WP or if I get that.

The Icon/930 design has grown on me. Personally, if I could go to Nokia and tell them drop the 930's specs into the 925 design I'd be good. For me what the 930 has going is the internals are the same as the Z Ultra, which is fine for me.

Zune was very good. On PC it was a serious memory hog, and people were too entrenched in the other music service providers. So in true MSFT fashion, instead of better integrating the positive features of Zune, they killed it and started from scratch.
I came to WP because of how good the design on the music player was, among other things.

I think Nokia may have just shifted focus to cameras. Also, MsFT hasn't really built in better audio driver support. Even with Beats off, my 8X is still louder and cleaner than the 925.

Now I owned an 810 for a while and traded off quality sound (to my ears) for the ability to carry around more music. I'd have to make the sane compromise with the 930, unless the audio is that much better. I'll keep my eyes on the 930, as while I don't need top of the line specs, I want something that gives me convenience to listen to music how to want during my commute, take good pictures when needed and not have to manage my storage like balancing an annual government budget...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just changed my mind. I really want a Surface 3 Pro!

I would never buy it though. I still think a laptop is more practical, and for the tablet part, I sometimes think the iPad Air is too big. The screen is amazing, but for carrying it around I sometimes think I should have taken the iPad Mini. And the Surface 3 Pro is huge in comparison.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Or you can wait for the surface 4 😉. I kidd I kidd . I know a few people who want to get rid of their old windows XP machine and want to get a new computer. They both want a portable computer but powerful. The thing that came to mind was an ultra book or a surface pro 3 . But for sure they will be asking for my op 😈

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I slept in today by still made it in time for the bus. The bus was empty(like only 7 people rode the bus) so I didn't have a problem I'm finding seat 💺.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Today is my last full day of school 🏫 🎒😃. Sweet! Now I'll just have to look over what things I might have to study for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo