WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As I didn't have this meeting with my boss, I met my girlfriend in the gym. Burning some calories. I want to be able to wear my beloved pants again after all ;-)

I'll skip lunch break now (but still eat, I don't care that much about the pants!)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So I committed a "cardinal work sin" today by calling out before a holiday. Oh well...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. So I committed a "cardinal work sin" today by calling out before a holiday. Oh well...

I should have did the same... We have a holiday on Monday as well and next week is a three day week for me. Then off to Prague! :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just saw the Yahoo video on the Surface 3. It was good. Nice to see some positive things about the Surface considering most tech sites have dissed it.

The price is still way too much for my liking though. I understand it's a premium product but I'm not ready to dish out that kind of money as I don't need something that fancy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I should have did the same... We have a holiday on Monday as well and next week is a three day week for me. Then off to Prague! :D

As I told my friend earlier, I've been fighting the call out bug all week. Just couldn't go in today. Besides, I'm back in school Wednesday and I needed the time to do some things around the apartment before the GF comes by for the weekend.

Plus I have one of my dear friend coming in town in 2 weeks. Need a moment to finish planning for her trip.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just saw the Yahoo video on the Surface 3. It was good. Nice to see some positive things about the Surface considering most tech sites have dissed it.

The price is still way too much for my liking though. I understand it's a premium product but I'm not ready to dish out that kind of money as I don't need something that fancy.

It seems to be a nice machine. If I wanted to be unencumbered, I would chuck my desktop and get one of these with an external hard drive for all my media files. Then run a wireless printer with it and I'm good to go.

However, I agree that it is still expensive. As much as I wished my T100 had a bit more RAM, it is getting the job done. At least the Surface Pro isn't as overrated as the MacBook Air...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Engadget was writing positively about it. Even though everybody hates Engadget in this forum ;-)

I didn't really read something else about it, it seems in Switzerland the non tech media don't care much about it. Probably because the Surface was not really a hit here. The Surface RT was only sold in one store, the Pro not at all if I remember correctly, not even by the online-stores. The Surface 2 and Pro 2 had a broader release, but I have never seen one.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

wtf did I Just watched ????? Mod please let me type this in hinglish so that I and Nadia can talk about this serious issue , yeh nakurani hawaan hai , dayan >My god I cant believe this bechara baccha :( itne chote bache ko aise patak patak ke pjaenk rahe the koi isko iske baalo se pakad ke phanko tesre manzil se> Btw mujhe kuch samajh nahi aaya video me zyada coz yeh hindi me nahi the but from video I can very well see what was going on . She should be charged for insulting a child , sentenced to jail for at least 10 year , cheap lady.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

wtf did I Just watched ????? Mod please let me type this in hinglish so that I and Nadia can talk about this serious issue , yeh nakurani hawaan hai , dayan >My god I cant believe this bechara baccha :( itne chote bache ko aise patak patak ke pjaenk rahe the koi isko iske baalo se pakad ke phanko tesre manzil se> Btw mujhe kuch samajh nahi aaya video me zyada coz yeh hindi me nahi the but from video I can very well see what was going on . She should be charged for insulting a child , sentenced to jail for at least 10 year , cheap lady.

I have not the slightest idea what this is all about. But the show's background and big banners don't really indicate serious journalism. It seems to be more about having a sensational story that makes people angry for better ratings.

But then again, I don't know what it is about.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It seems to be a nice machine. If I wanted to be unencumbered, I would chuck my desktop and get one of these with an external hard drive for all my media files. Then run a wireless printer with it and I'm good to go.

However, I agree that it is still expensive. As much as I wished my T100 had a bit more RAM, it is getting the job done. At least the Surface Pro isn't as overrated as the MacBook Air...

We use a laptop currently, wireless printing, scanning and NAS. Very handy. Thing is I can get a laptop for half the price with about the same power and I don't take my laptop anywhere. So the use of a Surface kind of loses it's appeal. If I needed that kind of capability then I would seriously consider it. I've tried to convince the wife to get one but she'd rather use a standard laptop as well as she thinks their too expensive as well. She likes the weight though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We use a laptop currently, wireless printing, scanning and NAS. Very handy. Thing is I can get a laptop for half the price with about the same power and I don't take my laptop anywhere. So the use of a Surface kind of loses it's appeal. If I needed that kind of capability then I would seriously consider it. I've tried to convince the wife to get one but she'd rather use a standard laptop as well as she thinks their too expensive as well. She likes the weight though.

For me I will pass on the Surface because of the fact that I still have use for my desktop. I'd like to update to 8.1 pro, get a new a TV, wireless keyboard, mouse and printer. My dream is to run the cable and desktop through one screen. Actually, I wanted to do that and to be able to upgrade the desktop to play DVDs and stream content. Kinda like making my one all in one at home.

Otherwise, I'd chuck the desktop, get a Surface and an Xbox One and an external drive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I always like to watch shows like "How it is made", "factory made", "modern marvels", "food tech", etc. The mass production process of some of the things we take for granted is fascinating and yet sad at the same time when we don't take good care for the environment as we should.

Still, science is some cool **** indeed...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Still, science is some cool **** indeed...

I like that you said science. Too many people like to segregate science from technology, which only goes to confuse people. Like when they separate science from engineering. It's completely idiotic. You can't do technology or engineering without science. Without science we would still be using rocks. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like that you said science. Too many people like to segregate science from technology, which only goes to confuse people. Like when they separate science from engineering. It's completely idiotic. You can't do technology or engineering without science. Without science we would still be using rocks. :p

Some people are short sighted. Someone had to sit down and come up with the idea and work through the science to make it happen.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some people are short sighted. Someone had to sit down and come up with the idea and work through the science to make it happen.

I think people are too comfortable with the idea of technology and engineering and don't seem to realise that science stands behind it all. I blame the poor teaching of science in schools and some other 'institutions'.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Big baseball playoff game today. If we win, we move on. If we lose, it's all over...

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99