WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Found 2 frogs hiding in a tree. I had to zoom in and screenshot the pics for the tapatalk app.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140523_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140523_0001.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20140523_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20140523_0002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

you'd hate the sandstorm when the sand goes in your mouth :p unless you love the taste of sand

You'd hate the hurricane because of the flying debris. Anything not nailed down, including you, is subjected to get picked up off the ground. Add to that pounding rain and gusts of winds faster than you and Sahib chatting on WhatsApp, it's not a pretty sight.

As I child I was inside with my family and watched a hurricane ripped the roof of our house off.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

You'd hate the hurricane because of the flying debris. Anything not nailed down, including you, is subjected to get picked up off the ground. Add to that pounding rain and gusts of winds faster than you and Sahib chatting on WhatsApp, it's not a pretty sight.
As I child I was inside with my family and watched a hurricane ripped the roof of our house off.

=| I'm guessing you don't have concrete buildings? :/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
=| I'm guessing you don't have concrete buildings? :/

Your guess is incorrect.

Concrete buildings...many with zinc roofs because it doesn't trap heat in the house as much and is a cheaper material for poorer folks to use. Zinc roofs are good though. Hurricane straps are needed to ensure that when the wind gets under the roof it can flow out correct and doesn't build up pressure which ultimately rips the roof off.

We had no hurricane straps so I watched the hurricane in my living room rip the whole roof off (ceiling included). I saw the roof go straight up in the air, then made a right turn. We never found it after the hurricane. We just had to replace it, including rewiring.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Your guess is incorrect.

Concrete buildings...many with zinc roofs because it doesn't trap heat in the house as much and is a cheaper material for poorer folks to use. Zinc roofs are good though. Hurricane straps are needed to ensure that when the wind gets under the roof it can flow out correct and doesn't build up pressure which ultimately rips the roof off.

We had no hurricane straps so I watched the hurricane in my living room rip the whole roof off (ceiling included). I saw the roof go straight up in the air, then made a right turn. We never found it after the hurricane. We just had to replace it, including rewiring.

wow that is some adventure! :O the old houses here made of sand crumble down because of heavy rain :/ but roofs never fly off :|

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

wow that is some adventure! :O the old houses here made of sand crumble down because of heavy rain :/ but roofs never fly off :|

It is a hell of a story. I was 7 years old at the time. Before the roof was ripped off, we had covered all our furniture with plastic wrapping, raised the stove and fridge off the ground and wrapped that too, put tape on the windows to prevent shattering. After the roof was ripped off, we went next door to stay with my cousin as her roof was still intact. One of my other neighbors who lost their roof came to stay at my cousin's house during the eye of the storm. It was 12 people sleeping in the living room and both bedrooms that night during the back end of the hurricane. Stuff like that you never forget...

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

It is a hell of a story. I was 7 years old at the time. Before the roof was ripped off, we had covered all our furniture with plastic wrapping, raised the stove and fridge off the ground and wrapped that too, put tape on the windows to prevent shattering. After the roof was ripped off, we went next door to stay with my cousin as her roof was still intact. One of my other neighbors who lost their roof came to stay at my cousin's house during the eye of the storm. It was 12 people sleeping in the living room and both bedrooms that night during the back end of the hurricane. Stuff like that you never forget...

Not a good condition to be in! :( I've never been in a disaster

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Be thankful. You haven't missed anything.

I'm thankful for being in a far less disaster prone area... But I feel bad for other people :( I've been in a mild earthquake twice.... Which i didn't even feel..!! But when it rains here the cars float in the water.... We don't have a proper drainage system

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Oh! So now these people will sing loyal? :/ lol

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140524_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140524_0003.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb