WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looking at alternatives for WhatsApp, searching for most used messengers in Switzerland.

First link, a representative survey stating that 91 % of Swiss people use this service. The alternative that's stated the most is not available on Windows Phone (Threema). Skype is not a possibility as many people go offline when not using it, for example my girlfriend.

So now I could just randomly install different messengers and see how many people in my contacts have it too. But that seems a little tedious.

So I'll just won't uninstall Whatsapp and hope it comes back.
There's wechat/viber i guess :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I can see the benefit but, I don't have unlimited data to stream music :/ that's why offline is the way to go for me

Actually, you can make your music available offline. But I also have unlimited Spotify data. And it's just damn comfortable to have all the music always synchronized on all devices, and there's also a great web player for Spotify.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

o.o huh that seems like a rip off . I just thought people use wahtsapp because everyone uses it

My contract is very cheap. I could upgrade to unlimited messages, but there's no reason to do it as I can send all messages over Whatsapp for the low price :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Actually, you can make your music available offline. But I also have unlimited Spotify data. And it's just damn comfortable to have all the music always synchronized on all devices, and there's also a great web player for Spotify.
that seems legit but I don't have enough data to stream music for 8 hrs a day also I would have to worry about the coverage issue :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My contract is very cheap. I could upgrade to unlimited messages, but there's no reason to do it as I can send all messages over Whatsapp for the low price :)

huh over here in the US, we have unlimited text( international text also) and talk has become the standard but data is limited :/ . maybe that's why the US posters here don't see the point for whatsapp but the rest of the world does see the need

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

that seems legit but I don't have enough data to stream music for 8 hrs a day also I would have to worry about the coverage issue :/

I understand it's not for everybody, I don't want to convince you to use it. I'm just explaining why I like it :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have Viber installed now. It's not an alternative, I'll remove it again. There are like 4 contacts using it I would even write, and if I write them I use Whatsapp like with the other 20 contacts I write to regularly.

For that I don't need the additional battery drain from background tasks...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I understand it's not for everybody, I don't want to convince you to use it. I'm just explaining why I like it :)

I understand :) . its just one thing that I wish apple would let me use. its a pain converting them to MP3 and adding the tags to have a clean music player

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I have Viber installed now. It's not an alternative, I'll remove it again. There are like 4 contacts using it I would even write, and if I write them I use Whatsapp like with the other 20 contacts I write to regularly.

For that I don't need the additional battery drain from background tasks...
I hope msft and whatsapp gets their act together to fix this app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6