WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm slightly amused by all the negative threads around. Seems to be the case with WP. Ecstasy followed by disappointment. :p

I don't know which is more gruelling to hear about - the sentiment above in tour comment or the dating scene for singles in NYC.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think WP is a true 'love/hate' relationship.

There's lots to love about WP but there's lots to hate as well. Not sure what I think anymore.

Agreed. Wish WebOS had taken off, but that's a different discussion altogether.

Personally, the only difference MSFT has done well with WP is shut up in the media. Remember they adopted the "shut up and ship" model. The shipping part they still are slow with.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know which is more gruelling to hear about - the sentiment above in tour comment or the dating scene for singles in NYC.

Can't say much about the dating scene anywhere. I've been out of it for some time. :p

Saying that, it would seem the dating scene is pretty rough everywhere.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. Wish WebOS had taken off, but that's a different discussion altogether.

Personally, the only difference MSFT has done well with WP is shut up in the media. Remember they adopted the "shut up and ship" model. The shipping part they still are slow with.

I never used WebOS so can't really comment.

As for MS being slow, you could say that about everything they've done with WP personally. I know people go on about the GDR updates but I don't really see what's special about them. The length of time it's taken to get WP8.1 out. The less than fantastic 'new' features. Even though people go on about Cortana I can't say it's a feature I'll use that often or even need. A lot of the things that have come out for WP8.1 are pretty useless for me. So I'm having a hard time wondering what is so great about WP8.1. I wanted one simple feature and it's nowhere to be seen.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

As for MS being slow, you could say that about everything they've done with WP personally. I know people go on about the GDR updates but I don't really see what's special about them. The length of time it's taken to get WP8.1 out. The less than fantastic 'new' features. Even though people go on about Cortana I can't say it's a feature I'll use that often or even need. A lot of the things that have come out for WP8.1 are pretty useless for me. So I'm having a hard time wondering what is so great about WP8.1. I wanted one simple feature and it's nowhere to be seen.

I think it's weird. They definitely want to be a part of the smartphone market, investing billions for buying Nokia, investing millions (I guess?) for developing Windows Phone. But still everything seems so slow. Nokia added more features next to building the phones than Microsoft itself over the same time period.

They are pushing updates for the Xbox all the time. Of course, you could say that they make more money with it so they prioritize it higher. But that won't lead to success with Windows Phone...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think it's weird. They definitely want to be a part of the smartphone market, investing billions for buying Nokia, investing millions (I guess?) for developing Windows Phone. But still everything seems so slow. Nokia added more features next to building the phones than Microsoft itself over the same time period.

They are pushing updates for the Xbox all the time. Of course, you could say that they make more money with it so they prioritize it higher. But that won't lead to success with Windows Phone...

I don't think anyone really gets how they go about promoting WP. I'm at a loss. Product placement in movies and TV shows? Does anyone really care about that other than the people who already own the product? Maybe the occasional person would be curious and inquire then quickly forget about it or if they know about WP will probably crack jokes about it.

Maybe one day things will become clear, then again, this being MS, maybe not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Can't say much about the dating scene anywhere. I've been out of it for some time. :p

Saying that, it would seem the dating scene is pretty rough everywhere.

I'll tell you what I tell all my married friends these days: "you're not missing anything, outside of the brutal war stories". Some folks' expectations here in NYC are just nauseatingly astronomical. That's why it is such a con game and people get crushed as they do. There are so many different levels based on class and ethnicity to navigate it is head spinning. Ah well, guess life wouldn't be interesting if it weren't challenging, but this is a bit traumatic for even my tastes...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll tell you what I tell all my married friends these days: "you're not missing anything, outside of the brutal war stories". Some folks' expectations here in NYC are just nauseatingly astronomical. That's why it is such a con game and people get crushed as they do. There are so many different levels based on class and ethnicity to navigate it is head spinning. Ah well, guess life wouldn't be interesting if it weren't challenging, but this is a bit traumatic for even my tastes...

I think expectations are higher in some areas than others. I can imagine NYC and other big cities in the world people expect their partners to be something 'special' and the movies, books and TV shows of course don't help.

Here in the UK there's still a major class divide but it doesn't get talked about a lot, like a lot things here in the UK. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If it were up to me, of actually use these update releases to focus on refining different parts of the OS itself, and use major refreshes for kernel updates and significant additions - if the goal is to get the OS caught up.

For me, what's special about the OS is that it is different and still currently provided enough functionality for me to be different and still productive on my terms. The moment it stops doing that, I'm gone. I did that with iOS and RIM, so I have no problems doing that here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think expectations are higher in some areas than others. I can imagine NYC and other big cities in the world people expect their partners to be something 'special' and the movies, books and TV shows of course don't help.

Here in the UK there's still a major class divide but it doesn't get talked about a lot, like a lot things here in the UK. :p

Part of iI is that there's a lot of glitz and glamor here...if you get plugged into the right experience it is a vastly different and fanciful one here. Plus, there are a lot of beautiful people here, so that ramps things up too.

Guess i have too much of a working class mentality to see things differently. Maybe i need to be around some rich folks to be more comfortable with that sort of stuff.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Part of iI is that there's a lot of glitz and glamor here...if you get plugged into the right experience it is a vastly different and fanciful one here. Plus, there are a lot of beautiful people here, so that ramps things up too.

Guess i have too much of a working class mentality to see things differently. Maybe i need to be around some rich folks to be more comfortable with that sort of stuff.

My mommy told me I'm beautiful too, in my own way! :p

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

2nd round of baseball playoffs is today. We win, we go to quarterfinals. We lose, it's all over...

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've been around a combination of wealthy and more common like myself. Both are interesting in their own ways. However I often find the wealthier ones a bit distracted when you talk to them. Especially if they find out you can't do anything for them. It also depends where they came from. Some are very down to earth. I've been in this situation due to my industry and just generally meeting people along the way.

I have the most trouble with red necks or those who feel you shouldn't rise above your upbringing. Meaning they feel you're 'better' than they are. This attitude I felt most in Australia with the wife's family, though in Australia general you basically have to pick a side. In Canada I get it mostly from my own family. They don't say anything but you get a feeling. I'm a bit different than everyone.

I'm not one for glitz and glamour. I find all that noise rather depressing to be honest. A good night out for me is going to a concert (of various types) or theater and a nice meal. Or just wandering around some new place. LOL! I'm easy to please. Or just hanging with friends.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte