WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Your mom is supposed to tell you that. If she was pounding you the same way the media pounds women about beauty standards, you'd be in B-I-G T-R-O-U-B-L-E...

The media isn't the only problem unfortunately, as we both know. There's many reasons around the issues.

I have noticed that men aren't exactly escaping anymore either. Though nowhere near as bad as women get it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've been around a combination of wealthy and more common like myself. Both are interesting in their own ways. However I often find the wealthier ones a bit distracted when you talk to them. Especially if they find out you can't do anything for them. It also depends where they came from. Some are very down to earth. I've been in this situation due to my industry and just generally meeting people along the way.

I have the most trouble with red necks or those who feel you shouldn't rise above your upbringing. Meaning they feel you're 'better' than they are. This attitude I felt most in Australia with the wife's family, though in Australia general you basically have to pick a side. In Canada I get it mostly from my own family. They don't say anything but you get a feeling. I'm a bit different than everyone.

I'm not one for glitz and glamour. I find all that noise rather depressing to be honest. A good night out for me is going to a concert (of various types) or theater and a nice meal. Or just wandering around some new place. LOL! I'm easy to please. Or just hanging with friends.

Agreed. You will always run into snobs, kknuckleheads and boobs.
Funny story: I had a coworker from Texas when I started at the clinic. Fresh our of college, she wanted the NYC experience. So she got a roommate in a small closet of an apartment in the West Village and lived it up. On the same salary, I got an apartment (a whole apartment) in the Bronx with was a 45 min commute from the Manhattan nightlife. She has parents who could have helped her out when her cash was tight - I had to cover my own ***.

Point is: different folks have different priorities. The NYC glamor life can pull you in easily and make it hard to maintain the fantasy and even harder to escape.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The media isn't the only problem unfortunately, as we both know. There's many reasons around the issues.

I have noticed that men aren't exactly escaping anymore either. Though nowhere near as bad as women get it.

I've got a story for that one, but yes, that is sadly correct. Men get it 85% as bad as women do - it is just that the powers that be have turned it into a few multibillion dollar industries called fashion, exercise, etc.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Fancy: LG's G3 flagship is a bigger, simpler, higher-res smartphone

I see the WP users stating that this resolution is stupid and not needed, until a few updates later Microsoft makes the effort to support it and then all high-end Windows Phones will have it. Of course at least a year later. Just remembering 1080p :p

And I'm more and more convinced that one of WP's biggest problem is hardware.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Fancy: LG's G3 flagship is a bigger, simpler, higher-res smartphone

I see the WP users stating that this resolution is stupid and not needed, until a few updates later Microsoft makes the effort to support it and then all high-end Windows Phones will have it. Of course at least a year later. Just remembering 1080p :p
it really is unnecessary on phone. why is it that people are content with 1080p tvs but not content with 1080p phones. it seems to me that OEMS are putting more and more specs just to look like the best. what they can do is improve battery life instead of making phones big.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

it really is unnecessary on phone. why is it that people are content with 1080p tvs but not content with 1080p phones. it seems to me that OEMS are putting more and more specs just to look like the best. what they can do is improve battery life instead of making phones big.

Usually you are not that close to your TV... or maybe you use it differently. :p

Many people say they see the difference well between 720p and 1080p on a phone, and back then there were also many people screaming it's not necessary.

I don't know. The phone is too big for me anyway.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Usually you are not that close to your TV... or maybe you use it differently. :p

Many people say they see the difference well between 720p and 1080p on a phone, and back then there were also many people screaming it's not necessary.

I don't know. The phone is too big for me anyway.
buy how close does anyone hold their phone to their face o.o? I can understand 720 to 1080 but not 1080 to 2k . to me it seems that the only want to go is to increases the size of the phone just to get the benefit of a 2k display >.<

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

buy how close does anyone hold their phone to their face o.o? I can understand 720 to 1080 but not 1080 to 2k . to me it seems that the only want to go is to increases the size of the phone just to get the benefit of a 2k display >.<

I don't know. I think biologically the human eye can tell the difference in theory ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't know. I think biologically the human eye can tell the difference in theory ;-)

Science:

There has been a rapid increase in the resolution of small-sized and medium-sized displays. This study determines an upper discernible limit for display resolution. A range of resolutions varying from 254–1016 PPI were evaluated using simulated display by 49 subjects at 300 mm viewing distance. The results of the study conclusively show that users can discriminate between 339 and 508 PPI and in many cases between 508 and 1016 PPI.

Minimum required angular resolution of smartphone displays for the human visual system - Spencer - 2013 - Journal of the Society for Information Display - Wiley Online Library

Bring on these high-resolution screens!!!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

isn't that assuming they have 20/20 vision ? o.o and also i wouldn't know if there is a benefit to higher resolution displays. battery life only last like 1 day and a half with 1080p displays . i don't know about 2k displays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99