WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't know...my phone can walk fine ;)

Jokes aside, yes, I did.
It feels great to be back to WP after spending some time with an iPhone 5.

I'd miss the front facing camera. I never use it on my 8X actually because I just can't get into Skype, but on my iPad it's amazing to use it with Facetime. If I really switch to iOS in autumn, I will use it regularly.

The reviews I saw state however that the 630 is a nice little phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I'd miss the front facing camera. I never use it on my 8X actually because I just can't get into Skype, but on my iPad it's amazing to use it with Facetime. If I really switch to iOS in autumn, I will use it regularly.

The reviews I saw state however that the 630 is a nice little phone.
I never really used the FFC anyway, so it isn't a deal-breaker.

There was one thing that really blew me away, though. I never expected to be spoiled by the 3DS eShop, and the eShop is already bare as is. It took me a while to find some games that I liked on the App Store, and it took even longer on the WP Store. It doesn't help that the WP Store is filled with knock-offs as well.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I never really used the FFC anyway, so it isn't a deal-breaker.

There was one thing that really blew me away, though. I never expected to be spoiled by the 3DS eShop, and the eShop is already bare as is. It took me a while to find some games that I liked on the App Store, and it took even longer on the WP Store. It doesn't help that the WP Store is filled with knock-offs as well.

I don't play much on my phone. I haven't use my 3DS in a while either, I realize now. I should buy one of the new Zeldas. I rather play some games on the iPad.

There's one game I play on both devices: 2048. I'm getting pretty good at it, I have created the 4096 block now and I was close to double it. It's terrible fun and it's very addictive. My girlfriend was a little annoyed that I play it all the time, then she installed it and now she can't stop ;-)

I'll have a look at what the Zelda games cost, I should use the 3DS more.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

What I really miss on the 630, though, is a proximity sensor.

I mean, come on! Give me my Glance back! Give me my Double-Tap To Wake back! Give me my Flip to Silence back!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What I really miss on the 630, though, is a proximity sensor.

I mean, come on! Give me my Glance back! Give me my Double-Tap To Wake back! Give me my Flip to Silence back!

I like Flip to Silence on my 8X, the rest I don't have anyway. Glance is a cool feature though. Makes me jealous of my mother's 620 ;-)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I don't game much on my phone. I haven't use my 3DS in a while either, I realize now. I should buy one of the new Zeldas. I rather play some games on the iPad.

There's one game I play on both devices: 2048. I'm getting pretty good at it, I have created the 4096 block now and I was close to double it. It's terrible fun and it's very addictive. My girlfriend was a little annoyed that I play it all the time, then she installed it and now she can't stop ;-)

I'll have a look at what the Zelda games cost, I should use the 3DS more.
$39.99 + tax, depending on region.

And, you took me back to 2048. On my iPhone, I got roughly 11000 as my high score, though it was mainly luck-based. It's the only game I really play on my 630 now, to be honest. (Really, it's because of the cats.)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

$39.99 + tax, depending on region.

And, you took me back to 2048. On my iPhone, I got roughly 11000 as my high score, though it was mainly luck-based. It's the only game I really play on my 630 now, to be honest. (Really, it's because of the cats.)

It's 49.90 CHF in Switzerland in the cheapest store ;-)

I don't know, I'd probably buy Wolfenstein for PC first for that price...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

It's 49.90 CHF in Switzerland in the cheapest store ;-)

I don't know, I'd probably buy Wolfenstein for PC first for that price...
What kinds of games do you like, anyway? I mean, there are better games than a Zelda remake and a direct sequel.

Whoa, the swipe keyboard recognizes Zelda. It recognizes Pok?mon, too! Whoa.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What kinds of games do you like, anyway? I mean, there are better games than a Zelda remake and a direct sequel.

Whoa, the swipe keyboard recognizes Zelda. It recognizes Pok?mon, too! Whoa.

I love Zelda, mainly for nostalgic reasons I guess. I also like Pokemon, I've played Pokemon X or Y, and it was okay. I love Donkey Kong, the Donkey Kong that was released recently is amazing. Mario Kart was bundled, it's entertaining, mainly for nostalgic reasons, but nothing I love dearly.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I love Zelda, mainly for nostalgic reasons I guess. I also like Pokemon, I've played Pokemon X or Y, and it was okay. I love Donkey Kong, the Donkey Kong that was released recently is amazing. Mario Kart was bundled, it's entertaining, mainly for nostalgic reasons, but nothing I love dearly.
Ah, nostalgic reasons? Get yourself A Link Between Worlds. It's worth the price.

Ah, that reminds me of something: I've gotten myself two devices with conflicting directions: One is to go as flat and clean as possible, while the other is to go ahead and put 3D in every possible direction!
(I must say, that pixellation on the latter certainly helps their case.)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I just checked how much battery life my 630 has left. Seems I could go deep into the night without worrying about it.
38% after seven hours ain't bad at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss