WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The Lumia 920? That's almost two years old. Are people still buying two years old Android phones?

Does that tell us something about the Lumia's quality or about the limited hardware available? ;-)

Probably a cost issue. Getting something half decent with a limited budget. However I'm at the point where I wouldn't recommend the L920, though my battery didn't do too bad with all background tasks turn off while in Prague. I'd go for a L925 personally if looking at older hardware.

However, I do think you're right about the limited hardware selection.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

this place are full of random comments, the comment are inside some comments too, so there were many comments on comments, commenting a comment is allowed, please quote this comment for comments in comments.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

this place are full of random comments, the comment are inside some comments too, so there were many comments on comments, commenting a comment is allowed, please quote this comment for comments in comments.

I could be wrong but I think you're trying to be funny... :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

On my floor there was always this old guy in shabby clothes using the floor's copy machine. I always wondered who he is, I even thought about asking him.

Today I went to this poster session, and we were talking about the guest speakers and somebody said: "Well, this afternoon this Nobel prize winner will have a talk! I always wondered what he's copying on our floor."

Now I know who he is...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Glad you ask, I have taken my phone with me today: 8.2 km, 9.7 km/h. I've gotten much slower due to only running 2 times per week, but now with going to the fitness center additionally, I hope this will improve!

Oh, you didn't ask me about running...

I'm a PhD student on microbiology ;-)
That's interesting! I've just completed my high school and was thinking of taking biotech or Mbbs. I've cracked both the entrance exams, and I need to choose between either. Which would you recommend? Or should I take Microbiology too? Is there any benefit of taking microbiology over Biotech? Sorry for the questions, please help me, just can't decide which path to take! :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That's interesting! I've just completed my high school and was thinking of taking biotech or Mbbs. I've cracked both the entrance exams, and I need to choose between either. Which would you recommend? Or should I take Microbiology too? Is there any benefit of taking microbiology over Biotech? Sorry for the questions, please help me, just can't decide which path to take! :)

I can't really answer these questions ;-)

Personally, I never understood why people want to become doctors. The working hours are terrible, you have to work shifts. You have to work heavily overtime. The pay isn't that great all things considered. Also you have to tell people that you unfortunately killed their relatives. And you can get sued for every little mistake. I have a few friends becoming doctors, and they say the biggest appeal is being a half-god in white, and many people do it because it's just family tradition or because it's prestigious to be a doctor.

I don't know much about biotech. Personally I think from a career point of view it's better than just to study molecular biology, as you are more on the developmental side of things, gain deeper insight into the techniques used in the industry. But as I said, I don't really know what such a course would offer, it's nothing you can study at my university.

Microbiology or Molecular Biology in general is great and a lot of fun to study, however the industry is saturated with great people, it's not too easy to find a job at the moment in this field. It also depends on whether you want to pursue a academic career or not. If you just study to have a good job in the future, I guess biotech would be better.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, being a medical doctor has one great advantage: You can prescribe yourself the drugs you need to cope with the job ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When you're getting your PhD in science it's not like you're stuck in a specific field of study. It's only the starting point of your career. You're learning to become a scientist and from there you can decide where you want to go. It's more important being passionate about science and wanting to learn than about the specific topic you end up studying. Though you should be interested in the subject. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that you're making a decision for the rest of your life but you're not. You're deciding on a starting point. You have a long career ahead of you.

When you're young it's easy to think that you're making big decisions that effect you for the rest of your life and unfortunately the school system makes it's seem that way. It's never that simple or straightforward. You may start at one point and end up somewhere completely different. Don't stress about it. Just choose the subject matter based on your preference and what you want then enjoy your choice.

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They say temperatures will raise to 33?C in the next few days. That's terrible, I don't like the heat. Except I'm in holidays, eating a big ice cream and looking at the sea.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They say temperatures will raise to 33?C in the next few days. That's terrible, I don't like the heat. Except I'm in holidays, eating a big ice cream and looking at the sea.

You could always come here. I don't think we're hitting those temps. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I'm going to start posting some pics.

I'll start off with this night photo I took.

This is Charles Bridge towards Prague Castle.

WP_20140601_22_21_52_Pro.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is Old Town Square with the Astronomical Clock and the twin towers of the Church of Our Lady before Tyn. All the people are gathered to watch the clock that does a bit of a 'show' every hour.

WP_20140531_19_59_32_Pro.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I went to Kutna Hora. Nice little place.

Here's a picture of St Barbara.

WP_20140601_14_15_34_Pro.jpg

And a picture of the town area.

WP_20140601_14_23_29_Pro.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now of course you can't go to Kutna Hora and not go to the Bone Church - The Sedlec Ossuary.

Here's a pic outside.

WP_20140601_16_49_17_Pro.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo