WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes, I really do like to win. Everybody who doesn't lies.

I couldn't care less about soccer or any sport in general I don't do myself though.

I used to play soccer but I hated it. The only sport I play now is FIRST Robotics Competition (it's a sport, just not an athletic sport).

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I bet after just a year of Satya being CEO, Microsoft will be in a much better position than it is now.
I'm worried of what comes after that.

I'm just going Satya doesn't stray off his vision for Microsoft. I think he was the one who outlined the new Microsoft vision.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
They are not in a too bad position I think. Only because they have problems to sell tablets and phones, and Windows 8 wasn't received as warm as they might have hoped, they are still not struggling or anything.

Oh, and there's the Xbox One that they don't sell as well as they hoped and with what they make compromise after compromise, breaking every promise they made.

Maybe they are not that good in shape in the consumer area ;-)

I never said they were in a bad position or anything I just said they'll be even better.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WPC 75K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So it's a thing when somebody doesn't make sense they pulled. Sahib :=o ? Oh well :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Oh, and there's the Xbox One that they don't sell as well as they hoped and with what they make compromise after compromise, breaking every promise they made.

They've already sold me on the idea of Windows phones and tablets. Given enough time, I expect they'll have success in the tablet field. Not sure about Windows Phone, though.

However, the XBOX One is the dumbest mistake this gen. Sorry, but between the DRM saga, the Kinect 180 and now the hapless game delays that plague both it and the PS4, this is worse than the Wii U by a mile.
It's only selling because of the hype at this point.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WPC 75K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Also I dig those pics that rue took ... The skulls were trippy ._.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I never said they were in a bad position or anything I just said they'll be even better.
Aside from the XB1 debacle, the only reason they're failing is because the tech world wants them to.

Really, it's ironic that Microsoft gets free passes for doing things in the gaming world that would otherwise net it failures in the tech world.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Aside from the XB1 debacle, the only reason they're failing is because the tech world wants them to.

I don't agree. I didn't buy a Windows tablet because I didn't see the appeal. At least not more appeal than for an iPad. From the beginning I wasn't too sold on Windows Phone, I actually bought my first WP device because of nostalgic reasons, I used Windows Mobile for years. Then I just stuck with it. However I have my HTC 8X for 18 months now, and at the moment there's just no WP device that would appeal to me as an upgrade. Not with the competition.

Also, I didn't like Windows 8. It just felt bad to me, I loved Windows 7 though. And they change Windows 8 more and more back to Windows 7.

I certainly don't want Microsoft to fail, but if they provide products that are worth less to me than what the competition offers, I'll go for the competition.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't know. I'm so not interested. There are too many people already that are only interested in soccer when it's world championship..

That is true . People only get interested in football when the work cup comes along. That's how my older sister is like

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I don't agree. I didn't buy a Windows tablet because I didn't see the appeal. At least not more appeal than for an iPad. From the beginning I wasn't too sold on Windows Phone, I actually bought my first WP device because of nostalgic reasons, I used Windows Mobile for years. Then I just stuck with it. However I have my HTC 8X for 18 months now, and at the moment there's just no WP device that would appeal to me as an upgrade. Not with the competition.

Also, I didn't like Windows 8. It just felt bad to me, I loved Windows 7 though. And they change Windows 8 more and more back to Windows 7.

I certainly don't want Microsoft to fail, but if they provide products that are worth less to me than what the competition offers, I'll go for the competition.
Well, it appears I'll have to pull a Windows 8 as well ;)
What I meant by the tech world wanting them to fail is cultivating a tech culture where people are unwilling to try something new, when it comes from Microsoft that is. Funny because tech moves forward when you're willing to risk your success on an unproven concept, and you're able to execute well (which is what Win8.1 has been able to do IMO.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss