WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Because there's a lot of water in the atmosphere, if it nucleates and freezes, it will fall from the sky due to gravitation. However there's no or almost no gold or money in the air, so the chances of that falling from the sky is quite small.

Awww. I was hoping for an explanation on how gold came about. :/

:D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Awww. I was hoping for an explanation on how gold came about. :/

:D

To this day I don't understand why gold is worth something. It has some technical applications, but that's not it. It has worth just because people say it's worth something. It's like Bitcoins. I don't understand them either.

Money feels different, I don't really know why, probably because it's actually used in everyday life...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

The question is why ice cube falling. WHY ICE. I hope Gold or money. I don't mind if they fire me like railgun :v (going to get lot of bucket)
I don't know.

Gold is not only hard, it's also dense. I know that in its "pure", 24K form, it is a "soft" metal, but it's still rather hard.

Coins are the same story as with gold. Whether you'd like paper money depends on how dirty the air and ground are.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

To this day I don't understand why gold is worth something. It has some technical applications, but that's not it. It has worth just because people say it's worth something. It's like Bitcoins. I don't understand them either.

Money feels different, I don't really know why, probably because it's actually used in everyday life...
Gold is worth something because it's rather rare, and if you've seen some in real life, you should know that they actually look nice. (And, they have some practical use to boot.)

In fact, money was initially backed by gold. Money is supposed to represent gold.

Well, now that the US doesn't back the USD with gold anymore, all we get are some promises. The financial system nowadays is based o trust.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Gold is worth something because it's rather rare, and if you've seen some in real life, you should know that they actually look nice. (And, they have some practical use to boot.)

In fact, money was initially backed by gold. Money is supposed to represent gold.

Well, now that the US doesn't back the USD with gold anymore, all we get are some promises. The financial system nowadays is based o trust.

Compared to all the crap on the world my feces is very rare too, it's still worth nothing at all.

I understand that gold was worth something once, when it was used as money. I don't see a reason why it should be expensive nowadays.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You're half right.

Gold is still, to this day, the basis of currency. The US and UK and other countries have tonnes of the stuff. It's not as rare as people make it out to be.

The only reason why gold became such a high standard and worth something is because of looks, no other reason. We were a barter system, then currency because easier to use.

As for today's markets. It's still based on trade. Money is just the foundation of it and gold is still the bedrock. I know you use the word promises but it's a bit more complicated than that. Also the US still believes it's currency is the basis for the world. It's not, gold is.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Check out latest discoveries and more with the New Scientist magazine on Windows 8 | Windows Phone Central

I am a scientist and have never heard of this. Probably because it's popular science. Popular science could be very interesting, but judging from the headlines on the screenshot, they go all popular with only little science.

New Scientist has had some bad headlines over the last few years. The worst was their 'Darwin was Wrong' cover. A lot of scientists were really annoyed with that one.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

New Scientist has had some bad headlines over the last few years. The worst was their 'Darwin was Wrong' cover. A lot of scientists were really annoyed with that one.

Yeah, I'll probably stay away from it then...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I'll probably stay away from it then...

Some of their stuff is interesting though. I use the Zinio app which is connected to my library here for free mags and I have it on my tablet and phone. If it's free I don't mind having a read. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've come to the conclusion that the tag line for Windows Phone should be - It will be worth the waiting

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Compared to all the crap on the world my feces is very rare too, it's still worth nothing at all.

I understand that gold was worth something once, when it was used as money. I don't see a reason why it should be expensive nowadays.
It's used to hedge against money.

If you follow the financial markets, the value of gold generally rises when the value of the dollar falls.

In other words, if people are scared of losing money by possessing it, they buy gold. (Or some other commodity.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb