WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Whatever happened to the word legitimate?

Language actually goes in stages and street language always shortens words. The current concern is for text speech to become more popular but I think there has been a backlash against that. However the current state of the English language is pretty crap.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So instead of looking at the long faces on the crowded NJ transit train as I dash off to class, I'm shaking my shoulder some music from the The Budos Band as I write this story about alcohol and tobacco.

"There was an old Catholic clergyman, very week respected in his community. He had only two vices: alcohol and tobacco (cigarettes). He could drink and smoke with the vest of them. After a series of serious health scares, one day at church, his family and friends stormed angrily into his office.

They staged an "intervention". They told the clergyman: "we love you too much to see you destroy your health this way. We are willing to live with you having one vice and one ONLY. You have 5 minutes to decide - is it the alcohol or the cigarettes?"

The look on their faces told him they were deadly serious. He went outside for a few minutes, stared at his flask and pack of cigarettes.

He walked back into his office solemnly.

"Have you decided?" his wife asked.
"Yes," was the reply and he handed over the flask.

Moral of the story: some habits are harder to kick than others, especially if they can be legally obtained.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the record I am not a fan of people who fart in a crowded train. There is nothing cool about it, no matter how cute you may look.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

So I'm using the Files app and I see a file called "pathtest" in my camera roll folder. Anyone know what that means? It got created a little less than three minutes after I finished taking some pictures.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So instead of looking at the long faces on the crowded NJ transit train as I dash off to class, I'm shaking my shoulder some music from the The Budos Band as I write this story about alcohol and tobacco.

"There was an old Catholic clergyman, very week respected in his community. He had only two vices: alcohol and tobacco (cigarettes). He could drink and smoke with the vest of them. After a series of serious health scares, one day at church, his family and friends stormed angrily into his office.

They staged an "intervention". They told the clergyman: "we love you too much to see you destroy your health this way. We are willing to live with you having one vice and one ONLY. You have 5 minutes to decide - is it the alcohol or the cigarettes?"

The look on their faces told him they were deadly serious. He went outside for a few minutes, stared at his flask and pack of cigarettes.

He walked back into his office solemnly.

"Have you decided?" his wife asked.
"Yes," was the reply and he handed over the flask.

Moral of the story: some habits are harder to kick than others, especially if they can be legally obtained.

That's a good story...I want another one :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I'm using the Files app and I see a file called "pathtest" in my camera roll folder. Anyone know what that means? It got created a little less than three minutes after I finished taking some pictures.

I have one too but I leave it there

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I have one too but I leave it there

It appeared today (or it was created before when I wasn't using the app and just got modified today) so I want to delete it if isn't important. For some reason it's taking up 0 bytes which is making me suspicious.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

For some reason it's taking up 0 bytes which is making me suspicious.

I have a 0 byte file, technically a bunch of files, like that on my Surface Pro called OGLdpf.log that creates itself when I edit PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, and AutoDesk Inventor files. I always delete those whenever see them which is why I want to get rid of this pathtest file.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Battlefield Hardline Beta download just finished. Gonna start playing now on my ps4, as there is currently no beta for the x1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb