WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I guess my issue is this: if there are negative news about industrial production, that's the news. And attention can lead to public pressure.

When there are negative news about wrongfulness involving a big sport event, there might be some lines in newspaper, but nobody cares the least bit because the sport news are on front page and nobody wants to hear the negativity.

Well, so be it, let me be the one person that cares.

I care and I have plenty more to say. Just that I've been busy and now it's close to that time to get some sleep.

My opinion - Sport is nothing more than the modern Roman games. Used for the same purposes as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wtf Spain...

Probably the best thing to happen to them. As much as I respect La Roja's run of back to back Euro championships sandwiched with a World Cup victory, they were the perennial underachievers in this tournament.

This will cause them to raise their game for sure. Except a strong surge through the next 2 group games.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Probably the best thing to happen to them. As much as I respect La Roja's run of back to back Euro championships sandwiched with a World Cup victory, they were the perennial underachievers in this tournament.

This will cause them to raise their game for sure. Except a strong surge through the next 2 group games.

Does only one team in each group move on, or two teams?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

hey mia ..that has to show that anything could happen ;)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Top two teams move on in each group to the knockout phase.

For example, the winner of Group A plays Group B's runner up, Group A's runner up plays Group B's winner, etc.

So La Roja can still advance. They can have a max of 6 points now to go through, but they must crush their next two opponents to wipe out that -4 goal difference. (been watching World Cup for mos of my life so I know the nuances well)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

right now they can lose a game but that's it. its based of the point system .... I think its what ever 2 teams has the most points moves on. so in group A right now brazil and mexico have 3 points while the other 2 have 0. so for brazil and mexico to move on they either have to win or tie. I thinks that's how it works.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not in my book. I thought it would be a draw or a tight 2-1, 1-0 type win for Spain. The Dutch are 3 time world cup finalists (0-3 though), so they're not some JV squad.

I was reading an article and most of them said that spain was the favorite( bing sports) . though Im not sure what Spain was doing to lose 5-1

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

told you el tri would play well. The stupid refs got in the way but El Tri is off to a very nice start.

I know right..... both shots that geo went for didn't count.... but yeah they played well ....because el chicharito didn't play ( he doesn't contribute to the Mexican team IMO)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Top two teams move on in each group to the knockout phase.

For example, the winner of Group A plays Group B's runner up, Group A's runner up plays Group B's winner, etc.

So La Roja can still advance. They can have a max of 6 points now to go through, but they must crush their next two opponents to wipe out that -4 goal difference. (been watching World Cup for mos of my life so I know the nuances well)

I watched the last two world cups, as before that, I was too young to understand. But I haven't seen the world cup since 2010, so I've forgotten things. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

right now they can lose a game but that's it. its based of the point system .... I think its what ever 2 teams has the most points moves on. so in group A right now brazil and mexico have 3 points while the other 2 have 0. so for brazil and mexico to move on they either have to win or tie. I thinks that's how it works.

Remember, points are wins= 3, tie (draw) = 1. Goal difference is the number between goals scored and goals allowed. That's the first tie breaker they go to if teams are tied on points.

So Croatia, a good team by the way, has to beat Mexico to advance. Therefore Croatia v El Tri is a huge, huge game. I think Brasil will beat Mexico and top the group with 3 wins. So El Tri cannot afford 2 losses. El Tri needs to win 2 and score many goals, because if Brasil lights them up, they can still go home early based on goal difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss