WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

In 1950 , India was qualified to enter the FIFA WC, but withdrew.
In 1954 , India was Denied qualification by FIFA, as they played without boots.

The 1950s were known as Golden Age of Indian Football.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The movie I asked Nadia about (sorry, I just cannot get used to calling her by her screen name) is called Wadjdah. I think it is good enough for you to watch it. I liked the concept behind the movie and so much of it made sense, from a gender perspective, but it was filled with such cultural juxtapositions for me that I felt I needed to ask a KSA resident for some clarity. The whole "covering" in the movie was interesting and juxtaposed alot to the point where it was slightly confusing for me. I think the filmmaker did that on purpose but I don't know how if I completely get their intent from an outsider's perspective.

The honor killing stuff seems to be some old old school tradition that is still kept alive I guess in some circles. Don't quote me on that though...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

From the little I read about it, the movie is by the first KSA female director so my guess is that it could be her way of showing her feelings of growing up female in KSA put through the lead character. Whether is right or wrong everyone has their own perspective. Some have a good life regardless, others not so much.

Perspective is dependent on the direction you're looking. To give an example, my ex had what I felt was a cherished upbringing. To her it was hell. It's not until you look at why the person felt that way to you get to understand those types of perspectives.

I know you understand this doing the work you do so I'm just really babbling. :p I'll just keep quiet now...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Soccer talk is back. Time for me to go to sleep as all rational or interesting conversation will go out the window.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

so who will win ....German vs Portugal ... >:)

Probably a tie. I'm leaning towards the Germans based on Ronaldo not being as fit. But these are the two teams I pick to escape this group. If the US gets 2 points, I'll be surprised.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers