WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Training has gone to ****s in many lines of work these days, especially some educational and human service areas. One of things that was told to me that professional boundaries is absolutely essential to maintain in order to do any type of human service job. I work with many vulnerable patients daily, most are female, some are highly attractive and quite used to getting male attention in a very sexualized manner. Come summer we see patients dress all sorts of ways in clinic and you cannot even bat an eye at what you see. I've seen coworkers cross the line and get hammered for it. Fortunately, no patient has tried to flirt with me in an overt way so far. I make it clear it is about the service they need, not me. It happens to my female coworkers all the time and they shut that stuff down very quickly.

I think this is an issue in every human services (teacher and otherwise) occupation. Here in the UK the counseling and in my wife's case, career services, the industry is unregulated so pretty much anyone can become a counselor or careers adviser. No training required. I believe the US is/was like this as well?

Some of the teachers I see in these articles are in their early stages of their career. Some of the veterans get caught by it too. While I agree that it is about ethics and training, it has to be addressed in such a way that teachers and human service professionals are reminded that self care is a necessary part of the work.

What bothers me most about these articles is the gender piece. If it a woman teacher taking advantage of a (in most cases male) student, the student is lauded for his prowess. Many of these incidents start before consensual age for sex because it is done systematically and over time.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

I think in any occupation you have the possibility of becoming romantically involved with someone you see on a daily basis. The issue with teachers is that these individuals are minors as they're the ones you see most. We as a society shun it (not too long ago people got married at 13/14) as is right to do so. It's a complex situation and the easiest way to get around it is for constant emphasis on it being wrong. Put in the same systems as counselors have as many students tend to confide in their teachers. Have supervisors, have regular meetings and most importantly have yearly ethics training. At least if these things are put in place the only excuse left is on the teacher alone, though it's usually the teacher who gets nailed anyway.

I also agree that when it's a woman teacher there's sort of a bravado of the males. Nothing new here. As I mentioned earlier, we live in a society where if you lack male genitals you typically are treated differently.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

really ? Lumia 920/925 both are very much capable of living images. Have a look at this thread Rue Here's how to (mostly) enable Nokia's 'Living Images' on your PureView Lumia | Windows Phone Central

So more or less a GIF creator. I might have got confused with the animated lockscreen.

I guess the L920 lacks the processing power to make it worthwhile? The L920 sort of disappeared quickly but then that's always been the way Nokia worked.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

So more or less a GIF creator. I might have got confused with the animated lockscreen.

I guess the L920 lacks the processing power to make it worthwhile? The L920 sort of disappeared quickly but then that's always been the way Nokia worked.

No problem , animated screen is coming to Lumia 920 (because of 1GB ram ) and I am enjoying living images on my phone. They might disable this with cyan firmware :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's kind of a weird feeling though. We're getting the first major update to the OS with the first major firmware update and we're losing capabilities because the phones are first gen. How sad. I sort of guessed this would happened but didn't think it would be so soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786