WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If the McLaren's 3D is as gimmicky as on the Amazon's phone, there's really no reason to wait for it.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If the McLaren's 3D is as gimmicky as on the Amazon's phone, there's really no reason to wait for it.

Yeah the Amazon phone sounds very gimmicky and I'm uncertain of this 3D gesture thing for the McLaren. I think we're in the 'gimmicky' stage of things for hardware and the software needs to become more usable in my eyes. I'm not a fan of 'i' things personally but it would seem that they have the software still at the top where Android and WP seem a bit behind on user experience. I guess it depends on your point of view too.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yeah the Amazon phone sounds very gimmicky and I'm uncertain of this 3D gesture thing for the McLaren. I think we're in the 'gimmicky' stage of things for hardware and the software needs to become more usable in my eyes. I'm not a fan of 'i' things personally but it would seem that they have the software still at the top where Android and WP seem a bit behind on user experience. I guess it depends on your point of view too.

I want a phone with features and great apps that looks nicely and else just works. I think the iPhone is a good candidate for this.

I wonder however, is there any substance to these 3D Windows Phone rumors? I haven't followed it that closely. I don't know how comfortable it would be to move the finger in the space above the screen. Most of all because it doesn't offer an advantage over just clicking.

If you have a tile and move closer to it, that it becomes more tiles, then you could just have tapped it, same effect...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I want a phone with features and great apps that looks nicely and else just works. I think the iPhone is a good candidate for this.

I wonder however, is there any substance to these 3D Windows Phone rumors? I haven't followed it that closely. I don't know how comfortable it would be to move the finger in the space above the screen. Most of all because it doesn't offer an advantage over just clicking.

If you have a tile and move closer to it, that it becomes more tiles, then you could just have tapped it, same effect...

I haven't watched the video but here's a link to one.

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-shows-how-3d-sensing-will-work-smartphones

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Am I the only one having issues with accessing the forum from mobile devices?

Edit: No, I'm not.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was having issues earlier but things seem ok now for me.

I still had them an hour ago. I'm back at the office now, so I didn't check again.

This Amazon Fire is very expensive considering that the hardware is nothing special, the 3D is a gimmick, the build quality isn't great and it's basically only a device to buy stuff faster.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I still had them an hour ago. I'm back at the office now, so I didn't check again.

This Amazon Fire is very expensive considering that the hardware is nothing special, the 3D is a gimmick, the build quality isn't great and it's basically only a device to buy stuff faster.

It's probably going to flop like the Facebook phone. It may gain some minor traction due to a person owning a Kindle Fire but i don't see it being mainstream. I think most people will wait until the reviews, unfortunately lots of reviewers seemed to like the Kindle Fire tablets. So who knows?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans