WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As long people don't think science has anything to do with what they see on TV shows claiming to be "scientific"...

It would be like watching Die Hard and thinking that's real police work.

but they do say its for science :amaze: and they use scientists

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I find those shows are like the beginning of a sports match. They throw up a bunch of statistics and seem to derive an answer from them. Though that's great there's a whole bunch of variables that don't get taken into consideration because it would be too complex.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Do you think when I explain something about biology in this thread it's science only because I'm a scientist?

I can't post the second part because it's spam? How stupidly did they change the forum again?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
WPC 75K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Science is hard, you have to dissect a problem into its smallest parts, test every aspect of it in experiments, multiple times and reproducible, analyze all this data and fit it together again. It's tedious, hard and often frustrating work. It has nothing to do with blowing stuff up and saying "science!" out of breath like in Mythbusters...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Do you think when I explain something about biology in this thread it's science only because I'm a scientist?

I can't post the second part because it's spam? How stupidly did they change the forum again?!
I cant say your title because its spam too :/ I cant post P.....H ..D because its a money reference ._.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Science is hard, you have to dissect a problem into its smallest parts, test every aspect of it in experiments, multiple times and reproducible, analyze all this data and fit it together again. It's tedious, hard and often frustrating work. It has nothing to do with blowing stuff up and saying "science!" out of breath like in Mythbusters...

its soooo cool though !!! they blow stuff up and OHHH its just awesome :3

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

A lot of spam I get in my Gmail is money based. :p

But I agree. Money of evil. :p

I get a lot of science spam, I guess because my email address is published by the university.

"Buy cheap lipids from China!" and stuff like that ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There was an article in my newspaper from a guy saying that the use of Whatsapp and other text messages destroys real relationships to people. That we become artificial in our emotions and lose the ability to really talk to people.

In the comment section I called bull**** on that.

The most funny part, he describes how the youth is getting to know each other, first friend request, then poking, then texting, then sexting, and then he quotes a statistic that has nothing to do with it. It was a terrible read.

And this newspaper is one of the best in Switzerland...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

There was an article in my newspaper from a guy saying that the use of Whatsapp and other text messages destroys real relationships to people. That we become artificial in our emotions and lose the ability to really talk to people.

In the comment section I called bull**** on that.

The most funny part, he describes how the youth is getting to know each other, first friend request, then poking, then texting, then sexting, and then he quotes a statistic that has nothing to do with it. It was a terrible read.

And this newspaper is one of the best in Switzerland...
Lose the ability to talk the people? Hah! I can carry conversations just fine. Provided that I have the right topic, of course.

Now, I'm of the opinion that our ability to communicate is often based on how convenient it is to do so, and how important we perceive the information to me. You see people just texting in a corner in a party? It's probably because s/he doesn't have anything important to say to anyone there, or that it's simply easier for him/her to just go ahead and text the people there, I guess? It sucks the life out of the party, though.

I guess that's what he meant?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb