WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

For promoting a "color of the year" I would choose the next, not the current year. You still need time to celebrate that color, if the year has already passed then, well, it's too late ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There was an article in my newspaper from a guy saying that the use of Whatsapp and other text messages destroys real relationships to people. That we become artificial in our emotions and lose the ability to really talk to people.

In the comment section I called bull**** on that.

The most funny part, he describes how the youth is getting to know each other, first friend request, then poking, then texting, then sexting, and then he quotes a statistic that has nothing to do with it. It was a terrible read.

And this newspaper is one of the best in Switzerland...

Has the right wing media suddenly bought the paper or has the guy who wrote the article have a thing against technology? Or is he just a crappy journalist? :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

For promoting a "color of the year" I would choose the next, not the current year. You still need time to celebrate that color, if the year has already passed then, well, it's too late ;-)
Cyan is an evergreen color.

...Microsoft Mobile, are you listening?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Has the right wing media suddenly bought the paper or has the guy who wrote the article have a thing against technology? Or is he just a crappy journalist? :p

Personally I think the last two ;-)

It's a guest journalist... so maybe the first thing a little bit ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have a meeting with my boss in 5 minutes, I don't even know if he's here. I also have nothing to present. Also, my coworker who usually has these meetings with me isn't here.

Fun.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lose the ability to talk the people? Hah! I can carry conversations just fine. Provided that I have the right topic, of course.

Now, I'm of the opinion that our ability to communicate is often based on how convenient it is to do so, and how important we perceive the information to me. You see people just texting in a corner in a party? It's probably because s/he doesn't have anything important to say to anyone there, or that it's simply easier for him/her to just go ahead and text the people there, I guess? It sucks the life out of the party, though.

I guess that's what he meant?

The biggest issue with using text is that it's hard to gauge emotions. Some people can take things the wrong way fairly easily I've noticed. Then there's the whole cruel aspect of social media and online commenting but that's a whole other thing. Well, there's the authoritarian idea too but that's another thing entirely. I think on the whole most of us have some level of empathy and emotional response. There are those who don't but they're the minority.

I also think some people are way too into their 'social life' with their phones, to the point they leave them on all the time. That's just silly.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I also think some people are way too into their 'social life' with their phones, to the point they leave them on all the time. That's just silly.

I never turn off my phone :p

I however turn off "vibrate" when I want to sleep. Would be amazing if Quiet Hours wouldn't be baked into Cortana and I could use the feature, well, my iPad doesn't have issues with it. Including white lists and everything.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I never turn off my phone :p

I however turn off "vibrate" when I want to sleep. Would be amazing if Quiet Hours wouldn't be baked into Cortana and I could use the feature, well, my iPad doesn't have issues with it. Including white lists and everything.

If I left my phone on and not on charge it would be dead by the morning. :p

I'm guessing quiet hours will be standard whenever the update to WP is coming. :p I don't know about anyone else but I keep wondering when it's going to happen. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

If I left my phone on and not on charge it would be dead by the morning. :p

I'm guessing quiet hours will be standard whenever the update to WP is coming. :p I don't know about anyone else but I keep wondering when it's going to happen. :p

I charge my phone, but I don't turn it off to do so.

I guess it will be standard when ever Cortana will be released in the specific region. Considering that they haven't even started the beta for other English speaking regions, I will be very happy with my iPhone before they even talk about bringing it to Switzerland.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, that was interesting. I just went to the fitness center to exercise on t a bike. I always set the time to 45 minutes and in the last weeks I made a steady progress (I measure it by looking at how many calories it tells me I've burnt).

Today I felt really tired, 30 minutes in I thought about giving up, but of course I would never. So I bit through, and who would have thought it, I made my calorie burning record ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

To be honest, I'd love it if the Byzantine Empire still existed.

(See prior post for more details)

Well, by the looks of it we will soon have a new emperor with Erdogan. He is moving Turkey more and more towards a totalitarian regime. So who knows, your dream might come true.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ice always been

Throwing ax? I've always been partial to the crossbow or longbow.

A throwing ax so good that when done correctly, you can throw it on the ground and get an upward ricochet?

Archery is something I still want to learn so I respect any type of bow. But the fransesca is still a badass, whether you choose to throw it or not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So the company retreat yesterday sucked monkeyballs. To be fair, it wasn't terrible, but the turnout was the lowest ever since I've been there. Mgmt actually doesn't care in my opinion how much they've ruined employee moral over the past few years. I do like some of my coworkers, that's why I went.

Yes, it was nice to not be in the office but I rather have been off and at home that day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720