WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Apparently they're testing a new spam filter as they were getting quite a bit of it. I think they're still tweaking it.

I'm getting it all the time. Always with the "money reference" message. It's very annoying, most of all because I can post exactly the same message in parts or edit it later to add the text I couldn't write initially.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting it all the time. Always with the "money reference" message. It's very annoying, most of all because I can post exactly the same message in parts or edit it later to add the text I couldn't write initially.

The work around is to edit your post and add the link in afterwards. Laura commented about doing that on the previous page (web) or probably few pages back on the app. They'll have to fix it somehow as lots of people post links to things.

I haven't seen it today so far on the website. Haven't tried the app yet.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The work around is to edit your post and add the link in afterwards. Laura commented about doing that on the previous page (web) or probably few pages back on the app. They'll have to fix it somehow as lots of people post links to things.

I haven't seen it today so far on the website. Haven't tried the app yet.

A few hours ago I saw a spam post with a lot of links anyway ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

A few hours ago I saw a spam post with a lot of links anyway ;-)

Yeah that's the problem with filters. They let some through and block legit ones. They're getting better of course but I have no idea of the effectiveness of them on forums. Can't be easy.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's cute but is that vacation time coming out his allotment? :p

I don't trust this. It's either a well performed PR stunt or this will lead to a lot of bad blood. One week off extra, yeah, I don't think so. Well, maybe if they just rescheduled his holidays, that might be it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think a size around 4.5 inches is prefect for me. The current iPhones feel too small, while the current high-end Androids feel much to big for my taste. 4.7 inches would be pretty much the size I'm looking for.

As of iOS, I have never owned an iPhone before, so I'm new to the OS with my iPad. I really like it on this device. Maybe I will feel differently after some years of using it, but for now I'm very happy with it.

I didn't completely dislike Apple. I just got tired of needing an app to do everything. I will say that they upscaled the iPhone apps very well to the iPad size, something Android still hasn't gotten right yet for its phablets and tablets.

Like you I'm in that 4-5" to 4-7" bracket screen wise as the sweet spot. Although I'm fine with going up to 5" for specific devices - Z2, M8, 930, Ativ SE. Now I wouldn't use anything larger as my daily driver unless WP drove me away from the platform. Then I'll go with the Prince.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If this new bluetooth headset I ordered is a hit, then I'd be content with keeping both my 8X and 925. The storage limitations on both and the lack of Qi on the 8X are annoying. I know I have more music on the 8X than the 925, but if this headset can play music from my 32GB SD card cleanly then it will give me great versatility. I can keep more music I really like on my 8X and less on my 925, freeing space for pictures and videos.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If this new bluetooth headset I ordered is a hit, then I'd be content with keeping both my 8X and 925. The storage limitations on both and the lack of Qi on the 8X are annoying. I know I have more music on the 8X than the 925, but if this headset can play music from my 32GB SD card cleanly then it will give me great versatility. I can keep more music I really like on my 8X and less on my 925, freeing space for pictures and videos.

I'm happy so far with my bluetooth headset or device or whatever you want to call it. :p

One of the more annoying things of listening to music on WP is the lack of gapless playback. In general this isn't to much of an issue if you like random songs but if you're into full albums like me then it sort of ruins it a bit.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I didn't completely dislike Apple. I just got tired of needing an app to do everything.

I don't really understand this. How is it different from Windows Phone?

Whether it is calendar, contacts, email or anything else, you always have to hit an icon, regardless of it being Windows Phone or iOS?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Whether it is calendar, contacts, email or anything else, you always have to hit an icon, regardless of it being Windows Phone or iOS?

Not to mention that WP is becoming more app centric and will basically follow both Apple and Google. We can hope that they'll allow apps to be more integrated but so far its not really happening.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

1 TB of space on my OneDrive? Would be awesome even though I'd never use that much storage.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It isn't about simply just hitting an icon, and I know you know this already. At the time I left iOS for WP, based on what my needs were, I liked the idea of how MSFT was baking more features into the OS that would wean people off the goddamn app fix they are on now. But, because Apple and Google have people so hooked on apps, MSFT has decided to go more of the app rout and compromise the potential ease of use of the OS. This is why many people like myself are bemoaning the death of the hubs. I wished that MSFT added more features within the OS itself to replace certain tasks you find in apps and better integration. But hey, they do what the consumers want. Which is apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3