WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

when I think of msft taking this long to get updates out I think of the carriers . I do think it their fault that we have to wait for a long time. I do like what apple does with their updates . they say on this day it comes out and that day everyone will get that update.

Ignoring the GDRs for the moment as I see them as nothing but 'bug fixes' mostly. The main features that came out of those updates was with Nokia. The GDRs were so minor as to be insignificant. It's like getting a patch for Windows OS. People got excited over nothing. Let's stay focused. I'm talking about the OS update to WP8.1. The first significant update to the WP OS. Two years in the waiting and it's basically, meh. It's really an equivalent to a year update. I can't believe it took two years for that. On top of that it still hasn't fixed all the issues related with the OS. I know other OS's have issues.

The depressing part is that my phone is basically two years old and is almost past it's prime and it's just getting it's first real update. That sort of bothers me. Not only that they're starting to bring out features that my phone won't even support, mostly because they want their WP81 devices to be unique, they're pulling an Apple in this case. So you'll have to excuse me when I don't get overly excited anymore about WP. It's just lost it's shine a bit for me and even with the update it's feels flat. In a way I'm just sort of tired of the whole thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh and just to be annoyed a touch more. My phone randomly rebooted on me when I was on my way to work. So I'll leave it there.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Oh and just to be annoyed a touch more. My phone randomly rebooted on me when I was on my way to work. So I'll leave it there.

My 8X doesn't reboot anymore, but only because I applied not only the tape fix, I applied the double tape fix.

I think my 8X is pretty much the greatest phone I've ever had, but the SIM tray is really a terrible construction.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

For this PhD retreat starting from Thursday I have prepared a poster, and it really looks very nice. I just could collect the final print.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I like sanwhiches too :3 especially with some ham and tomatoes and lettuces and cheese and mayonnaise and mustard all on white bread

My sandwich is whole grain bread with margarine and cheese spread and (real) Swiss cheese. I've stopped buying meat for my sandwiches for the moment.

Gruy?re cheese is my favorite cheese.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's Sahib, if it doesn't have meat it's not a real meal. :p

There are many people thinking like that ;-)

I've stopped buying meat for my sandwiches at the moment, because I had a very bad dream about putrid salami, and when I wanted to make my sandwich the next morning, I felt very sick. So salami is out of the game for the moment. The problem is that I only use a little bit of meat for a sandwich and I don't make sandwiches every day. So it doesn't take long and I'm far over the expiry date.

And as it doesn't add too much to the taste in my opinion and I love cheese, I've decided to go vegetarian for lunch. I still don't mind meat for dinner though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Nokia's fourth Android phone does dual-SIM for just ?99

So, is this telling me that Android is actually more efficient than Windows Phone to run on a budget smartphone? Or why is this thing released? Probably because it was already developed when Microsoft bought Nokia?

No wonder they didn't have time to produce a real high-end WP device that makes it to the market in a reasonable time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There are many people thinking like that ;-)

I've stopped buying meat for my sandwiches at the moment, because I had a very bad dream about putrid salami, and when I wanted to make my sandwich the next morning, I felt very sick. So salami is out of the game for the moment. The problem is that I only use a little bit of meat for a sandwich and I don't make sandwiches every day. So it doesn't take long and I'm far over the expiry date.

And as it doesn't add too much to the taste in my opinion and I love cheese, I've decided to go vegetarian for lunch. I still don't mind meat for dinner though.

I actually would like to do more vegetarian for lunch but I often have issues sorting out what to put on my sandwich. I like cheese but I have some issues with it causing me congestion so I tend to avoid dairy when I can. A bit here and there is ok but everyday would cause issues. I'm not fond of 'fake' meat though some isn't too bad. So it's been a bit of a struggle to sort out. My friend who is mostly vegan, he has the occasional fish to get certain vitamins, has issues with lunch as well. So I've been trying to think of what to do. I've thought of mushrooms but not sure what to do with them. They're very good as a meat alternative but if I'm going to eat them then I want to do something with them. There are other things, for example, my wife uses egg plant (aubergine) as a meat substitute, the one she gets is an antipasto type from the store. It's nice and all but doesn't thrill me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nokia's fourth Android phone does dual-SIM for just ?99

So, is this telling me that Android is actually more efficient than Windows Phone to run on a budget smartphone? Or why is this thing released? Probably because it was already developed when Microsoft bought Nokia?

No wonder they didn't have time to produce a real high-end WP device that makes it to the market in a reasonable time.

Apparently MS plans to keep the Android thing going too. I wish they'd just concentrate on WP. :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I actually would like to do more vegetarian for lunch but I often have issues sorting out what to put on my sandwich. I like cheese but I have some issues with it causing me congestion so I tend to avoid dairy when I can. A bit here and there is ok but everyday would cause issues. I'm not fond of 'fake' meat though some isn't too bad. So it's been a bit of a struggle to sort out. My friend who is mostly vegan, he has the occasional fish to get certain vitamins, has issues with lunch as well. So I've been trying to think of what to do. I've thought of mushrooms but not sure what to do with them. They're very good as a meat alternative but if I'm going to eat them then I want to do something with them. There are other things, for example, my wife uses egg plant (aubergine) as a meat substitute, the one she gets is an antipasto type from the store. It's nice and all but doesn't thrill me.

I don't know, I entirely rely on cheese... however the canteen I sometimes go to has "fried vegetables" sandwiches. Instead of meat it has fried vegetables. That's pretty amazing. It has however also cheese spread in it...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just don't understand why this forked Android version allows cheaper phones than Windows Phone...

I personally think MS should do what Google does and make a good overall phone but at low cost. If other manufacturers, Motorola even, are able to do it I don't see why MS can't. It would bring more people to the platform. When I say good overall phone I mean one with good specs, not lacking anywhere significantly and looks good too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

in my experience is that the music that the radio plays and the music that is promoted really does stink, there are some good ones but that's rare now .

Sahib, if we older folk took you on a true musical tour, you'd be much very impressed and a bit wiser. Personally, if we did that, I've got enough soulful reggae I know that I wouldn't need to touch any Bob Marley, but I'd still pull out some of his stuff anyways.

Much of the old stuff is still relevant, young man.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Sahib, if we older folk took you on a true musical tour, you'd be much very impressed and a bit wiser. Personally, if we did that, I've got enough soulful reggae I know that I wouldn't need to touch any Bob Marley, but I'd still pull out some of his stuff anyways.

Much of the old stuff is still relevant, young man.

I only like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I only like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga though.

Lady Gaga has put out a couple tracks that if you listen to them closely are a bit more heady than people think. The Bieber, I dunno about - so you've got to enlighten us there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lady Gaga has put out a couple tracks that if you listen to them closely are a bit more heady than people think. The Bieber, I dunno about - so you've got to enlighten us there.

I think Chregu forgot the :p at the end.

I haven't listened to closely to Lady Gaga (I never liked that name) though I have noticed there's more there than you think and well Bieber... I'll try not to puke...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was kidding. Actually I like some Lady Gaga songs, I wouldn't put it on a playlist, but if it's played in a bar or when I'm out dancing, I don't mind it.

I've only heard a few songs by Justin Bieber, and his terrible voice paired with "money-first" production values made me to really dislike it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think Chregu forgot the :p at the end.

I haven't listened to closely to Lady Gaga (I never liked that name) though I have noticed there's more there than you think and well Bieber... I'll try not to puke...

Actually, i got he was being sarcastic, hence my Bieber reply. Well, you guys got me off my instrumental kick I've been on for the past few days back into my social commentary mood. Marvin Gaye is on the playlist now, the I'll get into some soulful reggae.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium