WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, I don't read Android blogs often. I didn't know that. There were some talks about a new Nexus phone on The Verge, so I thought there would be a new one...

Wel will see. Traditionally, Google doesn't like to give OEMs 3 Nexus phones. Yes, even though there are only 5 Nexus phones, HTC made the OG Android, the G1, so that counts too.
HTC - G1, Nexus One
Sammy - Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus
LG - Nexus 4 & 5

People want Sony to make one, which I'd buy, by that may not happen. Over the last few years there hasn't been much accurate leaks on the new Nexus phones. So maybe a N6 is in the works, maybe not...hence my original response...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well to put it another way then. I'll gladly buy a Google device over anything else just to have vanilla Android. :) That's of course if they keep it vanilla that is. :p

To each his own...give me the Sony skin or Stock Android + the Moto enhancements. When I want bloatware, I can pick up the GF's S4.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really think they are going to far with the current high-end Android phones when it comes to display size. Do people really want that? Or has it technical reasons, as a bigger phone allows for a bigger battery and bigger screen allow higher resolutions more easily?

I'm a little baffled by this. The current high-end phone have the size of what was considered a "phablet" a few years ago, and the mini versions have the size of the previous high-end devices.

Android has always been a specs race.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Apparently it's still a possibility of a Nexus device coming. Though not sure how reliable the information was. They're saying 5.5" though. If it's that big I won't be interested. :/

Nothing against large phones but wtf? I don't need something that big for every day use. I just want a sturdy phone with a good battery, decent camera and nice screen. Preferably a nice spec internally to go with that. I guess that's impossible...

Well, many people are making the tough choice of getting one good portable device to do the work. So I cannot blame a bigger screen on some of these phones. Personally, I'm a smaller phone kinda guy, but I cannot knock OEMs for giving the market what they want.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, many people are making the tough choice of getting one good portable device to do the work. So I cannot blame a bigger screen on some of these phones. Personally, I'm a smaller phone kinda guy, but I cannot knock OEMs for giving the market what they want.

Yeah it would seem the one device for all crowd wants the large phones instead of having two devices. I personally can't fathom lugging around a 6" phone all the time. I have enough issues with the L920.

As long as there's still at least a 5" or a bit smaller I'm happy. Just needs to meet my simple requirements. Who knew getting a new smartphone would be such a pain. I guess this where Apple thrives. At least you know what you're getting with them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hope the surface 3 is an awesome upgrade to the surface 2 :D

Has there been an announcement for that? To me the perfect upgrade for the Surface would be the ability to use WP apps. That would increase it's appeal immensely. Either that or run Windows apps. They need to sort something out for that thing.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

but apple has a small screen :/ even people that use my 810 say the screen is better than their iPhone 5 because its wider. also with the 5.5 inch rumored iPhone what's the point of getting an ipad mini ? the UI is just a blown up version

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Has there been an announcement for that? To me the perfect upgrade for the Surface would be the ability to use WP apps. That would increase it's appeal immensely. Either that or run Windows apps. They need to sort something out for that thing.

I thought that is what threshold is for. either way I like the surface RT line because it does what I need it to do at school

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

but apple has a small screen :/ even people that use my 810 say the screen is better than their iPhone 5 because its wider. also with the 5.5 inch rumored iPhone what's the point of getting an ipad mini ? the UI is just a blown up version

The next iPhone is not 5.5". It's 4.5". Which is a good size.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought that is what threshold is for. either way I like the surface RT line because it does what I need it to do at school

I thought threshold was another 2-3 years away. That's quite some time to have a product hanging around that not many people buy if you ask me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it would seem the one device for all crowd wants the large phones instead of having two devices. I personally can't fathom lugging around a 6" phone all the time. I have enough issues with the L920.

As long as there's still at least a 5" or a bit smaller I'm happy. Just needs to meet my simple requirements. Who knew getting a new smartphone would be such a pain. I guess this where Apple thrives. At least you know what you're getting with them.

For me, I like smaller phones because on my crowded commute I use my phone alot for music, to check public transportation time schedules, etc. Now I wouldn't mind a 5", or use my Z Ultra as a daily driver, but I'd be on those phones a lot less in public.

That is where a smart watch has appeal. If I can get notifications on my wrist, I'd keep my large phone buried in a pocket.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The next iPhone is not 5.5". It's 4.5". Which is a good size.

Not quite. It may be a 4.7" regular and a 5.5" phablet. Personally, if they made iPhones at each of those screen sizes: 4" for the cheap model, 4.7" as the flagship and 5.5" as the phablet, they would do just fine.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

that's only .2 bigger than my 810 ._. if its wider then yes it would be prefect but its longer then no its not perfect

A few pages back I linked to an article that had leaked pics of the phone. It's larger both ways. I think it adds a row of icons.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not quite. It may be a 4.7" regular and a 5.5" phablet. Personally, if they made iPhones at each of those screen sizes: 4" for the cheap model, 4.7" as the flagship and 5.5" as the phablet, they would do just fine.

I stand corrected. I only heard of the 4.7. I didn't realise they were bringing out two sizes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)