WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Thank you :D . It's probably nice to visit but not so easy to live here, especially for young people. It's hard to find job. I hope things will get better soon, if not I will be following many young people who left Slovenia.

It's great to visit. But I can imagine that the economical situation is hard. I hope you'll be doing well :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It's great to visit. But I can imagine that the economical situation is hard. I hope you'll be doing well :)
I do hope so. We will see, atleast we have EU so it's not really a problem to go to other country.

Well OK anyway most of you are probably not interested in how we live. So anyone looking forward to Google I/O today ? I'm interested to see what redesign will Google do to Android.

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy S5

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I do hope so. We will see, atleast we have EU so it's not really a problem to go to other country.

Well OK anyway most of you are probably not interested in how we live.

I think one of the main reasons why this post is interesting is that we also discuss things like that.

So anyone looking forward to Google I/O today ? I'm interested to see what redesign will Google do to Android.

I will certainly inform myself about it, I'm not really waiting for it though.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I think one of the main reasons why this post is interesting is that we also discuss things like that.

OK great than. I was wondering one thing, how does direct democracy work for you ? Is it good or would be representative democracy better ? You are one of few countries to have it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

OK great than. I was wondering one thing, how does direct democracy work for you ? Is it good or would be representative democracy better ? You are one of few countries to have it.

That's actually a very hard question.

I think it's good in many ways, however it allows some messy consequences. As an example, we don't vote for the Federal Council directly, that means that we don't have these populist election campaign with the first goal to throw as much dirt at each other as possible and spending millions of shady money. But as we have the direct democracy that allows the common people to vote for laws directly, all of these negative aspects are just transported to this area.

Parties use votes to play power games. They seed fear and none-sense to turn the public's opinion. It becomes more and more extreme and less and less meaningful.

So it's a good thing, but has also a lot of negative aspects. Just as an example, "we" just decided to make our relations to the EU much worse, based on irrational fears and right-winged propaganda.

That's of course my point of view. The more right-winged people would disagree ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's actually a very hard question.

I think it's good in many ways, however it allows some messy consequences. As an example, we don't vote for the Federal Council directly, that means that we don't have these populist election campaign with the first goal to throw as much dirt at each other as possible and spending millions of shady money. But as we have the direct democracy that allows the common people to vote for laws directly, all of these negative aspects are just transported to this area.

Parties use votes to play power games. They seed fear and none-sense to turn the public's opinion. It becomes more and more extreme and less and less meaningful.

So it's a good thing, but has also a lot of negative aspects. Just as an example, "we" just decided to make our relations to the EU much worse, based on irrational fears and right-winged propaganda.

That's of course my point of view. The more right-winged people would disagree ;-)

Sounds like any normal 'democratic' system. That also sounds a lot like the UK at the moment even though our processes are different. We have a huge swing to the right at the moment with Euro skeptics ruling. Too many people are ignorant of what the EU does for the country and only see the negative. Of course, no one has promoted what the EU has done in a positive way, which is 99% of the problem.

FYI - nonsense :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So it's kind of the same as here. I thought Parties have less influence on people in Switzerland but looks like they are just to strong and they have believers who will agree with parties no mather what they say or do. It will be always the same. We even have kind of cult of person, the leader of the bigest right-winged party was put to jail because of corruption and now people are protesting in front of jail that he didn't do anything wrong and they should let him go.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So it's kind of the same as here. I thought Parties have less influence on people in Switzerland but looks like they are just to strong and they have believers who will agree with parties no mather what they say or do. It will be always the same. We even have kind of cult of person, the leader of the bigest right-winged party was put to jail because of corruption and now people are protesting in front of jail that he didn't do anything wrong and they should let him go.

As a person who has lived in several countries all politics are generally the same at the end of the day. Some people may have allegiances to certain parties for whatever reason, either the values have been instilled in them since they were young or they just generally believe that that particular party has the best ideas for the country. However, there is a very large group who don't have a clue who to vote for and they generally pick the person who sounds the best to them. The unfortunate part this group is getting larger.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

New codenames but no new devices. Great Microsoft :)

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just realized that you can buy the Nokia X in Switzerland. Funny, I feel like ordering one just to see how awful it is ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Did I already mention that I'm wearing the shorts I've done my ice-cream stop for during the last month?

They fit comfortably, so it was a success! Of course I didn't just eat much less ice cream, I ate less in general and I did a lot of sport. Actually I didn't expect that a month would be enough, I was always planning on doing a second one. But I'll keep doing a lot of sport and eating more responsible anyway, I want those pants to keep fitting ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have never owned a phone as long as my HTC 8X. I bought it in December 2012. That's 18 months.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I had my previous phone, the HTC G2 touch, for 4 years, so my 920 after 18 months still seems young to me. Having said that I'm tempted to the next flagship in September time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss