WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Great, I'm walking into the 30?C room and my thirst thought is: "That's too hot in here." I check the thermometer and it's 38?C! That kills our bacteria in the worst case, in the best case they just don't grow.

So I went to the responsible person, she already being pissed because of stuff that happened during her holidays the last two weeks, so I tell her and we find out that the room is out of order for the next 4 days and nobody was informed!

Well, that was organized perfectly I guess.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't think my iPadding partner had been in the mood had I woke her up ;-)

That's why you do the iPadding to put her to bed and you'll get some sleep that way. Not many you can wake them up at 2am from a deep sleep for that and they'll participate...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am just frustrated. For years they were the first to release new products, they just didn't do it right and gave up a short while after, only for Apple to come and have a hit with the same but more polished product.

Tablets, phones, and now potentially smartwatches.

I get your frustration. From a consumer's POV, I don't care when they release what works for me as long as I can afford to buy it. The smartwatch business is in such a neophyte stage that if they can make something that appeases people like me who use both WP and Android, they'll get their cut of sales.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We had those plastic milk bags here in Finland in the sixties and early seventies, but not since.

Same here. I grew up to bags of milk along with the stuff in the carton box and plastic containers. The small pouch milk bags were always a little kid's dream for a snack. I surely enjoyed them myself at that age.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Milking a cow is an interesting experience. I remember doing that once as child and I wasn't very good at it...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That's why you do the iPadding to put her to bed and you'll get some sleep that way. Not many you can wake them up at 2am from a deep sleep for that and they'll participate...

That was actually my approach. But I woke up at around 3 a.m. and couldn't fall asleep again...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I grew up next to a farm, but they were already using milking machines when I was a child.

I'm a pure city boy. :p I grew up 20 minutes by public transport from central Toronto. I lived barely on the 'right side of the tracks'. LOL! I had friends who lived on the 'wrong' side. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm a pure city boy. :p I grew up 20 minutes by public transport from central Toronto. I lived barely on the 'right side of the tracks'. LOL! I had friends who lived on the 'wrong' side. :p

You have to explain this reference, I don't get it...

Like being on the right track? So you were on the edge of a bad neighborhood?

I grew up in a village with 650 citizens.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That was actually my approach. But I woke up at around 3 a.m. and couldn't fall asleep again...

That's always tough. I get yelled at when it's a work day that following morning and the complaints are that she didn't get enough sleep. Sometimes you just cannot win...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I grew up next to a farm, but they were already using milking machines when I was a child.

When I spent summers in my late childhood early teen years with my grandaunt, she had a neighbor a quarter mile away who had a farm. So every once in a while we'd get the milk fresh from the udder. It has a interesting taste like that. It was during one of those stopping by to collect milk for her that allowed me to try to milk the cow. I was terrible at it - they said I was too gentle. Anyways, it was an interesting experience.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You have to explain this reference, I don't get it...

Like being on the right track? So you were on the edge of a bad neighborhood?

I grew up in a village with 650 citizens.

Yes, basically I grew up close to a what people refer to as a 'project' or public housing. We were literally divided by train tracks. Like most bad neighborhoods the reputation of the place was over the top. That's not saying there weren't issues but I never had any when I was in that area.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Milking a cow is an interesting experience. I remember doing that once as child and I wasn't very good at it...

I was born and grew up on a small farm till I was 16 years old, so milking is familiar to me.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Europe as the strongest market with no real will to improve the Bing services there. No strong hardware partners. No exciting hardware from the own company. An app ecosystem that's still lacking. Windows Phone existing for 4 years and the first real improvements just being released now.

It's really not surprising. And to be honest, I only slowly start to realize that I will buy a non-Microsoft phone for the first time in 12 years.

Orange SPV was my first Microsoft phone and I've only used Microsoft phones since then...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

._. I still can't believe that there are bags of milk :p it's Just all new to me!
Sorry if I still sound surprised >.<

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Europe as the strongest market with no real will to improve the Bing services there. No strong hardware partners. No exciting hardware from the own company. An app ecosystem that's still lacking. Windows Phone existing for 4 years and the first real improvements just being released now.

It's really not surprising. And to be honest, I only slowly start to realize that I will buy a non-Microsoft phone for the first time in 12 years.

Orange SPV was my first Microsoft phone and I've only used Microsoft phones since then...

I agree with everything you just said. I've been told many times that Microsoft is running a marathon and not a sprint but that's not the way the mobile world works. If they had a good product people worth buying people would. This is showing clearly that they are still lacking in a lot of places and people are getting tired of waiting. In a 'fast paced' market being the guy at the back saying 'just wait' isn't going to work. Taking 2 years to release your first major OS update to be barely comparable to the existing market is laughable.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss