WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I can't stop thinking about transformers 4 what might be in transformers 5. This is worse than my interest in/obsession over what that guy said in the YouTube video about something big coming to WP! Now I know what the character Bryan Cranston played as in Godzilla might have felt like...
>.< well its something to look forward too... I guess :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's almost like I'm in physical pain when I open the Xbox music app.
*sigh* way to much complaining about the xbox music app. sure its justified but its getting to the point where I think people are complaining just because its msft :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

*sigh* way to much complaining about the xbox music app. sure its justified but its getting to the point where I think people are complaining just because its msft :/

No they're complaining because it's horrible. Has been since day one.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

._. Trial periods are ok but like you said they should be based off your usage

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

No that makes little sense. A trial time is there for trial usage. If you don't use it during that period of time that's your problem. It would take more programming to sort out.

Personally I prefer the free app with ads and some capability missing rather than time limited.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

No they're complaining because it's horrible. Has been since day one.

I wonder what they are using it for. I use it for the same thing and that is to listen to music. I know im the minority but I do wonder what is it that they ask for. I use both iPod and my phone for music and they work the same. in fact when I use Bluetooth on my ipod cuts in and out yet on my phone I don't get any of that.
so yes I do wonder what is it that they need. I check on the forums and I get non of the issues they complain about

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

No that makes little sense. A trial time is there for trial usage. If you don't use it during that period of time that's your problem. It would take more programming to sort out.

Personally I prefer the free app with ads and some capability missing rather than time limited.
I think it makes sense. I would like to see how it work depending on my usage so I can see if it works well with my daily flow of things. If I set a trial based on time that means I would have to use it to the maximum on that certain time frame

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think it makes sense. I would like to see how it work depending on my usage so I can see if it works well with my daily flow of things. If I set a trial based on time that means I would have to use it to the maximum on that certain time frame

Yes I see you understand....

You're missing the point. Look from this perspective. You develop an app, you programme it as you say. So 30 days usage. Now what if that person takes a year to use those 30 days? What does that tell me about their use of the app other than they didn't really use it. If you can't sort out in 30 days whether you like something or not why are you bothering to download it in the first place? Why not wait until you have the time to assess it properly? I know some apps have a short time frame but even then, same thing.

That's why I prefer my thinking. Then at least when I use the app the dev still gets ad revenue.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wonder what they are using it for. I use it for the same thing and that is to listen to music. I know im the minority but I do wonder what is it that they ask for. I use both iPod and my phone for music and they work the same. in fact when I use Bluetooth on my ipod cuts in and out yet on my phone I don't get any of that.
so yes I do wonder what is it that they need. I check on the forums and I get non of the issues they complain about

This is the common take with everything on WP. It's I don't have X problem so I don't see the issue. You've been lucky. Be happy many others including me and my wife haven't. Not just with the music app but with WP in general.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This is the common take with everything on WP. It's I don't have X problem so I don't see the issue. You've been lucky. Be happy many others including me and my wife haven't. Not just with the music app but with WP in general.

im not saying that there isn't a problem of course there are things to be fixed but what are they doing to get these problems.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes I see you understand....

You're missing the point. Look from this perspective. You develop an app, you programme it as you say. So 30 days usage. Now what if that person takes a year to use those 30 days? What does that tell me about their use of the app other than they didn't really use it. If you can't sort out in 30 days whether you like something or not why are you bothering to download it in the first place? Why not wait until you have the time to assess it properly? I know some apps have a short time frame but even then, same thing.

That's why I prefer my thinking. Then at least when I use the app the dev still gets ad revenue.
ah when you put it that way it makes better sense . thought I would put it more to 5 days just because that is a work/school week ;) 30 days is overkill

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

did I every say that I like to listen to jazz :3 I have a whole station dedicated to smooth jazz on Pandora

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

im not saying that there isn't a problem of course there are things to be fixed but what are they doing to get these problems.

Probably nothing. For whatever reason the app acts funny. My wife had the duplicate song issue. I didn't do anything different with her phone (820) than I did with mine. Why did it happen? Don't know.

My wife is pretty smart but not tech savvy. She just wants things to work. If I didn't fix her WP she would get something else. That is the issue with WP and tech in general.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

ah when you put it that way it makes better sense . thought I would put it more to 5 days just because that is a work/school week ;) 30 days is overkill

Most trials for apps is 15 days on mobile. For computer it's normally 30 days.

I thought of another model. How about 15 hours of usage? That should give most people a good feel for the app.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Probably nothing. For whatever reason the app acts funny. My wife had the duplicate song issue. I didn't do anything different with her phone (820) than I did with mine. Why did it happen? Don't know.

My wife is pretty smart but not tech savvy. She just wants things to work. If I didn't fix her WP she would get something else. That is the issue with WP and tech in general.
it reminded me of the saying "what might work for you might not work l for me "
so far wp has worked for me ( minus being left behind by tmobile)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Most trials for apps is 15 days on mobile. For computer it's normally 30 days.

I thought of another model. How about 15 hours of usage? That should give most people a good feel for the app.
so a day maybe 2. seems fair enough :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

it reminded me of the saying "what might work for you might not work l for me "
so far wp has worked for me ( minus being left behind by tmobile)

That is not a correct statement in this circumstance. We're talking about a product which should work the same for everyone who buys it.

Look at it this way. I buy a baseball bat and I have it for months and it's great. You buy the same one and it breaks with first use. Does that seem fair when both of us have used it the same way? Wouldn't you want a refund?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I can't stop thinking about transformers 4 what might be in transformers 5. This is worse than my interest in/obsession over what that guy said in the YouTube video about something big coming to WP! Now I know what the character Bryan Cranston played as in Godzilla might have felt like...

I've heard the story is still as dull as ever, the characters still as pale as ever, the endless robot battles still as exhausting as ever, the movie drags along still as long as ever, meaning it's about an hour too long, the dinosaur robots are just gimmick, but Michael Bay cut down a little from his tremendously stupid puberty humor. So that's one plus I guess.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay, just that I understand that correctly, Microsoft updates the slow but working calendar app which now crashes when creating a new entry for many people including me.

That probably ends the argument that Microsoft is so slow with updating because they test everything well.

Let's try a restart.

Well that didn't help. Great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb