WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Okay, just that I understand that correctly, Microsoft updates the slow but working calendar app which now crashes when creating a new entry for many people including me.

That probably ends the argument that Microsoft is so slow with updating because they test everything well.

Let's try a restart.

Well that didn't help. Great!

Well that sounds about right. MS 'fixes' one thing and screws up another. :p This has happened with a few of their 'fixes' on WP.

I often wonder if it's hardware or software which is the issue with WP? There's so many issues that I'm not sure what's really causing the problems. It's easy to point at the OS (which makes sense to) but is that really the problem?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well that sounds about right. MS 'fixes' one thing and screws up another. :p This has happened with a few of their 'fixes' on WP.

I often wonder if it's hardware or software which is the issue with WP? There's so many issues that I'm not sure what's really causing the problems. It's easy to point at the OS (which makes sense to) but is that really the problem?

The hardware is all off-the-shelf, nothing special except the cameras on Lumias I guess. It shouldn't cause that many problems...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just saw the prices for the off contract price for L930 and L630 in Australia. That's expensive!

I'm glad I'm not interested in the L930. It's going to be too expensive for what it is. I expect the price to drop rapidly when few people buy it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

They have some way to go. I'm curious to see what MS will bring out. If it's bringing out anything. Then of course there will be an Apple version and everyone will go 'OOOOoooo that's great innovation! Who knew you could get a smartwatch!'

I don't know, Apple had the talent to make products that appeal to the people. They weren't the first with a smartphone, but they still changed everything with their iPhone. A phone that was actually lacking in many areas. They weren't the first with a tablet, they weren't the first with a music player. I don't think it's just hype, in my opinion they bring a certain quality to their products that makes them a little bit more polished while focusing on the standard (wealthy) customer, not businesses (like Microsoft tried for years).

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just saw the prices for the off contract price for L930 and L630 in Australia. That's expensive!

I'm glad I'm not interested in the L930. It's going to be too expensive for what it is. I expect the price to drop rapidly when few people buy it.

In Germany it's already in stores for much under the recommended price. It's still expensive in comparison to phones with similar hardware and to the current high-end devices.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

In Germany it's already in stores for much under the recommended price. It's still expensive in comparison to phones with similar hardware and to the current high-end devices.
Just rrued to check in some stores here today, and the Nokia X is half the price of the 630.

The crazt thing is that people still chiise the 630.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

While you people enjoy your vacations, I on the other hand...

*sobs for heavy workload has already fallen upon me in the first week of school*

I don't remember, where are you from? I can imagine some Asian schools being very hard and demanding, at least that's what the cliche says. However on about every other continent I can't imagine you working nearly as hard as MSFTisMIA does. He has a very demanding job and is additionally doing evening courses.

I'm doing a PhD in sciences, and I think what he does is hard as hell.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Just rrued to check in some stores here today, and the Nokia X is half the price of the 630.

The crazt thing is that people still chiise the 630.

It's beyond me what Microsoft is doing here. The only theory that makes at least a little sense to me is, that Nokia had already began production of the X2 and Microsoft decided to sell it to reduce losses.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've found an alternative experiment for the cell lines I prepared for microscopy. I'll be doing it tomorrow.

I've found alternatives for the defect 30?C room.

So things are starting to run smoother again.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I don't remember, where are you from? I can imagine some Asian schools being very hard and demanding, at least that's what the cliche says. However on about every other continent I can't imagine you working nearly as hard as MSFTisMIA does. He has a very demanding job and is additionally doing evening courses.

I'm doing a PhD in sciences, and I think what he does is hard as hell.
The Philippines. I don't really know how I'd explain my school, though. I guess the closest I could get is to describe it as a science school.

That said, I do enjoy making life harder for myself. I guess I really am a strange person.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

It's beyond me what Microsoft is doing here. The only theory that makes at least a little sense to me is, that Nokia had already began production of the X2 and Microsoft decided to sell it to reduce losses.
Thanks for bearing with the typos. Typing on the T100 isn't as easy as I hope it would be.

I feel that it is actually rather dumb how they decided to include features on the X that they still chose to cut from the 630.
That, my friend, or whoever you are, is not a smart decision.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for bearing with the typos. Typing on the T100 isn't as easy as I hope it would be.

I feel that it is actually rather dumb how they decided to include features on the X that they still chose to cut from the 630.
That, my friend, or whoever you are, is not a smart decision.

Well, there's just something we always have to bear in mind: Whether we use Android, iOS, Windows Phone, or we mix it up, everybody loves either ice cream or cake!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Well, there's just something we always have to bear in mind: Whether we use Android, iOS, Windows Phone, or we mix it up, everybody loves either ice cream or cake!
Aye, my avatar sure loves ice cream.

Not me, though. Cat's Cradle had too much ice-nine to handle.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Mmmmmmmmmmm.......... I c e c r e a m o r c a k e .............

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs