WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I guess we just wait and see if it's as earth shattering as they claim. :p

Was there one earth shattering presentation in tech ever? Something that was really new and revolutionary?

I couldn't think of a single thing. It was always progress, always just a next step. Of course, some companies did sell it better than others ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

yup HTC needs to step it up in the WP market..... I would like to simplify and just have to two devices. if HTC still have good audio and a good enough phone ill consider it because nokia phones don't have as a good audio quality as my ipod :/

My biggest problem is handling movie content. Because I don't do the whole stealing movies crap, I just don't like how amazon has their stuff set up. Google is worse in the play store because you can only download cached versions of the movie. With Xbox you can download the file but since it is on protected format I cannot watch it on my Z Ultra. And since there is no Xbox video on Android that makes the whole thing less than useless. I'm sure that there is a workaround that I just haven't found yet, but it is annoying as hell.

That's why I need to spend some time and really streamline my set up. Get my Z Ultra set up how I want and do the same for my 925 and my T100. I need to do a hard reset with that also.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the GF has caught World Cup fever and is a bit peeved because we are going to have dinner with my sister and her boyfriend during the Brasil v Colombia gale she wanted to see. She's cheering for Colombia because of one our mutual coworkers being Colombian...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So this is the vase I made for the GF during our painting excursion at the arts and craft store last weekend. Those are her national colors and I tried to do this in the same layout as her national flag (Trinidad). So I guess whenever I buy her flowers she can use this instead of the other plain vase she has. Or she'll do something else with it.

Yes she actually likes her cup too. Now the plan is when her nieces and nephew comes on vacation in two weeks, she's going to take them there.

Attachments

• WP_20140704_09_56_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140704_09_56_14_Pro.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 5

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Happy July 4th to all the US folks and to everyone else: Happy Friday: 😊

Well, today is a day we all are going to celebrate, after all it's the anniversary of Smith and Goldblum freeing us from the Aliens!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Every time I take low light pictures like the one I just took of that vase I posted, I'm reminded of how badass the high end Lumia cameras are. Yes they tend to be a bot so so in bright light and sometimes when you want to take a darker shot on purpose in low light it doesn't come out how you want it, but I'm still impressed with Nokia's Pureview tech.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So it is supposed to be crappy weather today here in the NYC area thanks to Hurricane Arthur. Yet another reason why the GF is a little peeved we are going out to eat. I mean, it's Ethiopian food sp she does mind that part, but it is the potential of her getting wet (and the potential of my ears ringing over listening to her unload about it) that's a little perturbing...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So it is supposed to be crappy weather today here in the NYC area thanks to Hurricane Arthur. Yet another reason why the GF is a little peeved we are going out to eat. I mean, it's Ethiopian food sp she does mind that part, but it is the potential of her getting wet (and the potential of my ears ringing over listening to her unload about it) that's a little perturbing...

Maybe they'll have a TV there showing the game? Well, it might be not too much fun having a distracted person at the table...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the is what I mean where I wish the OIS on the 925 allowed you to see the image for what it was because the darkness was important. I shot this when getting dinner for the GF last night. As great as these pictures are, they should be a hell of a lot darker. Reason being was that it was supposed to be menacing clouds signifying the approach of a serious thunderstorm. Sp ot folks have even seen when the skies get really dark grey straying towards black will know how dark these images are supposed to look.

Still, outside of maybe Chregu's beloved Apple product, not much would have gotten the shots right based on using a mobile camera. Still the OIS on this is impressive. Perhaps if I had simply used Proshot instead of the Noloa camera app, I'd have gotten the shot I want because sometimes Proshot can do the low light shots a bit darker than the Nokia camera app. But when you're not trying to get caught out in this, you cannot blame me for a quick snap...

Attachments

• WP_20140703_20_01_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140703_20_01_54_Pro.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 5
  • WP_20140703_20_05_42_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140703_20_05_42_Pro.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 5

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So the is what I mean where I wish the OIS on the 925 allowed you to see the image for what it was because the darkness was important. I shot this when getting dinner for the GF last night. As great as these pictures are, they should be a hell of a lot darker. Reason being was that it was supposed to be menacing clouds signifying the approach of a serious thunderstorm. Sp ot folks have even seen when the skies get really dark grey straying towards black will know how dark these images are supposed to look.

Still, outside of maybe Chregu's beloved Apple product, not much would have gotten the shots right based on using a mobile camera. Still the OIS on this is impressive. Perhaps if I had simply used Proshot instead of the Noloa camera app, I'd have gotten the shot I want because sometimes Proshot can do the low light shots a bit darker than the Nokia camera app. But when you're not trying to get caught out in this, you cannot blame me for a quick snap...

First I wanted to mention that I replaced my Nikon PowerShoot with a Canon S120 because the Nikon always made pictures too bright with no possibility to adjust things manually. With the S120 I can set everything just right.

Then I wanted to like your comment for the pictures. But your snappy comment about the phone I might buy made me think otherwise! I like the iPad, it's a great device, but I think you were referring to the iPhone 5S which is certainly not "my beloved Apple product", I wouldn't buy or want it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wish MSFT opened up the camera button API to photograph app devs. I know it may be nitpicking because some OEMs will go away from the physical camera button, but if they did so for the older devices it would be cool to set something like Proshot as the default camera app. Anyways, that's just me wishful thinking here...

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I guess that's why adobe photoshop is made :p I always reduce the brightness though!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess that's why adobe photoshop is made :p I always reduce the brightness though!

If ISO and shutter speed goes up to make a picture too bright, you might get a grainy blurred picture for now reason.

I rather set everything right in my camera than trying to fix things that shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

First I wanted to mention that I replaced my Nikon PowerShoot with a Canon S120 because the Nikon always made pictures too bright with no possibility to adjust things manually. With the S120 I can set everything just right.

Then I wanted to like your comment for the pictures. But your snappy comment about the phone I might buy made me think otherwise! I like the iPad, it's a great device, but I think you were referring to the iPhone 5S which is certainly not "my beloved Apple product", I wouldn't buy or want it.

Hey, I was busting your chops a little bit because of your closet love affair with the idea of an iPhone as your next upgrade to the 8X, that's all. 😉

Camera wise I own a Nikon P5100. It be a bit more old school but for a point and shoot it has an assload of manual controls. I only pull it out for the big events though. I think the reason why HTC's M7 and M8 have been hammered on the media the past two year and rightfully so one level is the camera tech. The cams on both phones aren't bad, bit it is really hard to get a balanced camera on a mobile device. This is where Apple has done a very good job. Nokia and HTC get nagged on because their cams aren't as pleasing in bright shots (which may be where more people take pictures in). Samsung gets pounded on because the S5 is useless in low light. LG has a decent camera in its G-series and Sony who gets the iPhone camera right has good but not stellar images on its flagship Z series.

Still of all the OEMs, I'm most comfortable with Nokia, Sony and Apple for mobile camera needs. I wish HTC had more cash to refine its ideas as if they updated the camera software on their flagships more frequently, that'd help...

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

If ISO and shutter speed goes up to make a picture too bright, you might get a grainy blurred picture for now reason.

I rather set everything right in my camera than trying to fix things that shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place.

I never play with the shutter speed unless I'm gonna do some light photography :| I cannot hold the phone still for longer periods of time! :|

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I never play with the shutter speed unless I'm gonna do some light photography :| I cannot hold the phone still for longer periods of time! :|

I was rather thinking of reducing it to get the picture darker, this makes it actually easier to take sharp pictures :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad