WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hey, I was busting your chops a little bit because of your closet love affair with the idea of an iPhone as your next upgrade to the 8X, that's all. 

Camera wise I own a Nikon P5100. It be a bit more old school but for a point and shoot it has an assload of manual controls. I only pull it out for the big events though. I think the reason why HTC's M7 and M8 have been hammered on the media the past two year and rightfully so one level is the camera tech. The cams on both phones aren't bad, bit it is really hard to get a balanced camera on a mobile device. This is where Apple has done a very good job. Nokia and HTC get nagged on because their cams aren't as pleasing in bright shots (which may be where more people take pictures in). Samsung gets pounded on because the S5 is useless in low light. LG has a decent camera in its G-series and Sony who gets the iPhone camera right has good but not stellar images on its flagship Z series.

Still of all the OEMs, I'm most comfortable with Nokia, Sony and Apple for mobile camera needs. I wish HTC had more cash to refine its ideas as if they updated the camera software on their flagships more frequently, that'd help...

I also think it's important to have a decent camera on the phone. My phone I always carry with me, the camera only in special situation.

If the camera on the M7 was better I might already own one... it's a beautiful phone you can get for a very low price.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I was rather thinking of reducing it to get the picture darker, this makes it actually easier to take sharp pictures :)

not that either :| lol you should seriously see my pictures when I play with the shutter speed :| :|

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess that's why adobe photoshop is made :p I always reduce the brightness though!

Understood. Most times though I'm too busy to go home and do post processing. That's why people will always like the Apple camera because they don't have to do (seemingly) as much touch ups in Adobe. Most of my images I either show on my phone/tablet or post directly to a social media site (usually here)

It os why I would love a higher ended Pureview camera like a 1020 or 930 to really get into the photography stuff (and I wish I had more time overall). My friend's dad who is a semi-pro that we got him a 920 as an upgrade is digging that phone. I'd be in awe at what he could do with a 930 or 1020 with the RAW file dumps as he takes excellent photos...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

not that either :| lol you should seriously see my pictures when I play with the shutter speed :| :|

The S120 has a very nice half-manual mode in which you can adjust the shutter speed and it controls aperture and iso still automatically. You can still change the rest of the settings, but usually this makes it very easy to take pictures to my taste.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

The S120 has a very nice half-manual mode in which you can adjust the shutter speed and it controls aperture and iso still automatically. You can still change the rest of the settings, but usually this makes it very easy to take pictures to my taste.

I use my DSLR more cause it's heavy and I can hold it properly! the same goes with my Nokia 808 PureView (it's quite heavy!) and with the ND filter it's even more awesome!!!!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Understood. Most times though I'm too busy to go home and do post processing. That's why people will always like the Apple camera because they don't have to do (seemingly) as much touch ups in Adobe. Most of my images I either show on my phone/tablet or post directly to a social media site (usually here)

It os why I would love a higher ended Pureview camera like a 1020 or 930 to really get into the photography stuff (and I wish I had more time overall). My friend's dad who is a semi-pro that we got him a 920 as an upgrade is digging that phone. I'd be in awe at what he could do with a 930 or 1020 with the RAW file dumps as he takes excellent photos...

maybe you should get one on trial :D

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I also think it's important to have a decent camera on the phone. My phone I always carry with me, the camera only in special situation.

If the camera on the M7 was better I might already own one... it's a beautiful phone you can get for a very low price.

That's the thing for me as well why I'm semi retiring my 8X/why I got a 925 in the first place. People want very good camera these days in these expensive smartphones because those are the only cameras they either have or walk around with consistently. I give Nokia credit for at least updating the camera app as often as it has. Perhaps it is harder to do in Android, but HTC has made some nice camera in the past and my gut tells me if they were able to tweak the software on the M7 and M8, it would help to overcome some of the hardware shortcomings.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I use my DSLR more cause it's heavy and I can hold it properly! the same goes with my Nokia 808 PureView (it's quite heavy!) and with the ND filter it's even more awesome!!!!

I was thinking about trolling for a 808 myself. I almost bought an N8 as a repair project but it was too overpriced at the time. I love the 925 design and feel in hand but I would replace it with either the 1020 or 930. If the 1020 had a S600 processor even as a dual core I would have gotten it at launch. The S4pro and the shot to shot time is just a bit slower for my tastes whenever I've demoed it.

Nadia, since you own a 1020 running 8.1 does it take faster pictures between shots?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, it's Friday evening 5 p.m. I probably won't do much anymore today in the lab. I have however laid out a nice plan for what I want to achieve in the next few weeks and it looks good.

Now I'm waiting for my girlfriend to join me for a birthday party I don't really feel like going to.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It was a joke that would have worked for German speaking people that are knowledgeable in farming ;-)

Man, that means I'm a German speaking person that is knowledgeable in farming...

It was funny in a way. In a German farmer type way. :p

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I was thinking about trolling for a 808 myself. I almost bought an N8 as a repair project but it was too overpriced at the time. I love the 925 design and feel in hand but I would replace it with either the 1020 or 930. If the 1020 had a S600 processor even as a dual core I would have gotten it at launch. The S4pro and the shot to shot time is just a bit slower for my tastes whenever I've demoed it.

Nadia, since you own a 1020 running 8.1 does it take faster pictures between shots?
I had a N8 too :D until a guy stole it from my hands :| and the 1020 takes time to save pictures of higher resolution like a second or two...but low resolution pictures are saved immediately! :D I like the burst mode for my wiggly hands

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa