WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We have Sahib who uses an iPod. We have MIA who uses Android. I use both WP and Android. There are others using iPhones and Android devices. I don't think we'll get out the burning pitch and tie you to a steak just yet. :p

I wouldn't tie him to a steak because I don't want to disrespect the meat, but to a floating piece of wood may not be a bad idea...😉...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Relax, go there without too many expectations. People change in 4 years, just try to have a good time and be open for everything :)

:eek: yeah yeah but still can't blame me for being excited ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, I was really thinking about getting Nexus 5 and this MSFT Android talk may spur those efforts. I'm honestly so so about it, but I may try to go Google lite if I do so - no Gmail and some other things. I remember those pure AOSP/Gapp free ROM days...but that **** is done now...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You know, I was really thinking about getting Nexus 5 and this MSFT Android talk may spur those efforts. I'm honestly so so about it, but I may try to go Google lite if I do so - no Gmail and some other things. I remember those pure AOSP/Gapp free ROM days...but that **** is done now...

Sad to see msft is thinking about an android device . No matter how much people say it's the way to go, it's not my go to device . I use my devices as an extension to my tablet not the other they way around. Msft these days baffles me with the choices they are making

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Is it not possible to play a video through an SD card on WP 8.1? That's what it seems like and that would be really dumb if it's true.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Is it not possible to play a video through an SD card on WP 8.1? That's what it seems like and that would be really dumb if it's true.

Have you tried a different video? I was thinking that maybe the other video had DRM or something. But then it wouldn't surprise me if MS didn't allow video playback off SD card but then I haven't seen complaints about it either.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried a different video? I was thinking that maybe the other video had DRM or something. But then it wouldn't surprise me if MS didn't allow video playback off SD card but then I haven't seen complaints about it either.

I only have one Xbox video file but I'm thinking it has to be something with the DRM since the Windows 8.1 file explorer dialogue box said that the file would lose some permissions if I moved it to the SD card.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

The worst part is I can't move the same video that I downloaded through the WP 8.1 app since it's stuck in the app and not visible though the Files app.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

What was the experiment about? : Curious:

I'm trying to create a bacteria strain that is very important for my experiments. It's already pretty sick and I need to knock-out an additional gene. It didn't work. It was the second time I tried...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have to try out the LG G3 in a store. I think it's an amazing phone that is much cheaper than the S5 or M8. But unfortunately it's also huge.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

How do you create it(the strain)? Do you have to insert the desired gene into a vector and then it binds with the plasmid of the bacteria to produce the desired effect?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

How do you create it(the strain)? Do you have to insert the desired gene into a vector and then it binds with the plasmid of the bacteria to produce the desired effect?

It's a double recombination with a suicide vector. To knock-out the gene first around 600 bp of the DNA upstream and downstream of the gene is cloned into a vector. After bringing the vector into the bacteria, these two regions then recombine with a very low efficiency and remove the gene while bringing in a antibiotic resistance cassette and a sacB, a special gene that is important later. By selection for the antibiotic resistance colonies with the recombination can by gained. These will then be grown in a liquid culture again to make a second recombination, losing the resistance cassette and sacB. You then do a second selection by growing the bacteria on sucrose. Sucrose kills all bacteria that have the sacB gene.

The now yielded colonies have to be screened for lost antibiotic resistance (to avoid choosing bacteria with a mutation on sacB) and then a colony PCR is performed to confirm the knock-out.

Everything worked until the last step. But no colony had lost the gene...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's raining heavily, no fun to cycle home. And then I still have to get groceries. Well, it's fine I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos