WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

you're pregnant with excitement over this woman. Good luck with that.

I often read funny things in this forum, but whenever something really makes me laugh I have to say it: This was one of these rare posts.

Have you ever looked at the LG G3? What do you think about it? I'm pretty sure it's far too large for me, but whenever I see a picture of it or read something about it I'm getting a little excited ;-)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I often read funny things in this forum, but whenever something really makes me laugh I have to say it: This was one of these rare posts.

Have you ever looked at the LG G3? What do you think about it? I'm pretty sure it's far too large for me, but whenever I see a picture of it or read something about it I'm getting a little excited ;-)
don't encourage him :crying: I didn't see that coming I didn't even expect it

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd own a G3 if I wanted 1 device to do everything if I had no problems going over the 5" marker as a daily driver. It has the best mix of what I've seen so far on the market that would work for me.

Otherwise the Z2 and M8 are honorable mentions. Anything under that starts to get into your iPhone and Nexus 5 brackets. If MSFT pulls this stunt I'd get a Nexus 5, root it reduce my Gapp usage - leave that stuff for the Z Ultra.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I really hate how I can't play a movie I downloaded from the Windows 8.1 Xbox Video app on the Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox Video app, or even through the files app!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I really hate how I can't play a movie I downloaded from the Windows 8.1 Xbox Video app on the Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox Video app, or even through the files app!

:/ that seems strange . I wonder why you can't play it .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

IDK, I've never tried downloading an Xbox video to my phone... The laser disc anime I captured to my PC, and injected subtitles on, works fine on my phone.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

IDK, I've never tried downloading an Xbox video to my phone... The laser disc anime I captured to my PC, and injected subtitles on, works fine on my phone.

I think it might have something to do with the properties of the movie, because when I was copying it from my Surface Pro to my SD card, it said some properties would be lost in the copied version. I compared the properties of both but the only thing different I could see is (from my Surface) something about unblocking it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

A few minutes ago I wanted to write a Microsoft's strange behavior related comment, and then I decided against it. It would be like beating the dead horse. I guess I'll wait until new rumors emerge or something is confirmed or negated ;-)

I'll write something positive: The battery of my 8X is still very good. One day is no problem even under heavy use including Whatsapp.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
So for some reason when I played the copied SD card movie in the Windows 8.1 Xbox video app, it only has audio. When I played it in media player, it opened a dialogue box saying that it thought it was a music file - but it actually isn't (WMV) - and it had a DRM issue, like N_LaRue said. I give up on having my SD card used for movies.

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm back on Windows Phone 8.0. Feels good when you don't loose 5% of battery every 10minutes. :p

I had a lot of issues with Windows Phone 8.1 in the beginning, but after the first update for it it became pretty great. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of issues with Windows Phone 8.1 in the beginning, but after the first update for it it became pretty great. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.

I had to revert back to 8.0 anyway. I have to visit Nokia Care this Thursday due to those permanently "burnt in" IE/Facebook/HERE Maps bars on the bottom of my screen. I can see it wherever I open Messenger/Facebook or other apps with colorful backgrounds (or splash screens). I can see IE's refresh/stop button all the time. It's hard to explain, but I've found out it's a common issue for 820 users. Just a magic of AMOLED's. However I've flashed my Lumia with unbranded Portico ROM when I bought it and originally it has Orange software. I've heard the stories that Nokia revokes warranties for these people with WP 8.1 Preview aboard, so just in case I've installed Lumia Black/Orange software.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I had to revert back to 8.0 anyway. I have to visit Nokia Care this Thursday due to those permanently "burnt in" IE/Facebook/HERE Maps bars on the bottom of my screen. I can see it wherever I open Messenger/Facebook or other apps with colorful backgrounds (or splash screens). I can see IE's refresh/stop button all the time. It's hard to explain, but I've found out it's a common issue for 820 users. Just a magic of AMOLED's. However I've flashed my Lumia with unbranded Portico ROM when I bought it and originally it has Orange software. I've heard the stories that Nokia revokes warranties for these people with WP 8.1 Preview aboard, so just in case I've installed Lumia Black/Orange software.

Certainly a good decision to avoid lengthy discussions :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte