WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What's scary is that on Crackberry people are excited by it.... I didn't even know Blackberry was releasing new phones. :p

Well, as some kind of hybrid for people who don't want to carry a tablet and are comfortable to carry this massive thing, I think it's perfect!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I'm currently not overly impressed. I used Nokia Software Utility last night and re-installed my firmware. I then did fresh installs of WP8.1. My phone still heats up with low usage of data and the battery drains like hell. So that was so not worth the effort. I'm contemplating a hard reset but I'll have to wait until I get home as I'm unsure I'll be able to download all my apps again.

I'm so not impressed. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, as some kind of hybrid for people who don't want to carry a tablet and are comfortable to carry this massive thing, I think it's perfect!

But the sharp corners can't be a good thing. I know some of the Nokia phones are a bit pointy but not like that.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So I'm currently not overly impressed. I used Nokia Software Utility last night and re-installed my firmware. I then did fresh installs of WP8.1. My phone still heats up with low usage of data and the battery drains like hell. So that was so not worth the effort. I'm contemplating a hard reset but I'll have to wait until I get home as I'm unsure I'll be able to download all my apps again.

I'm so not impressed. :/

Sorry to hear that.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

But the sharp corners can't be a good thing. I know some of the Nokia phones are a bit pointy but not like that.

These BB users are always on the road, so it's good to have something with you to prepare your sandwiches.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

My l1020 heats up when i play games! Or use insta a lot

Sent from my RM-875_im_mea3_231 using Tapatalk

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Just goes with the territory of owning a L920... Crap battery and over heating.

I just want to ensure you that it will be significantly better with Lumia Cyan release. That's why mostly Lumia users are experiencing battery drain - Lumia Black + WP 8.1. Inappropriate firmware. I'm back on 8.0 since yesterday *I keep sliding my finger to open Action Center... :(* In general I'm happy with that downgrade. I've unplugged my 820 (it's known from its terrible battery) 10 hours ago, 4out of 10 hours I've been using WPC app, myTube, Messenger + Facebook over wi-fi... I've still got 68%, with WP 8.1 I would have 30% or less now. I've had to charge my Lumia twice a day, or even more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just want to ensure you that it will be significantly better with Lumia Cyan release. That's why mostly Lumia users are experiencing battery drain - Lumia Black + WP 8.1. Inappropriate firmware. I'm back on 8.0 since yesterday *I keep sliding my finger to open Action Center... :(* In general I'm happy with that downgrade. I've unplugged my 820 (it's known from its terrible battery) 10 hours ago, 4out of 10 hours I've been using WPC app, myTube, Messenger + Facebook over wi-fi... I've still got 68%, with WP 8.1 I would have 30% or less now. I've had to charge my Lumia twice a day, or even more.

Well one day, when they decide to release WP8.1, I think it will be sometime in December that I'll get it. You know, after carrier drags their feet releasing it as well, I'll be on to another mobile phone. There's a 50/50 chance it won't be a WP at this stage. So for me, Cyan is simple a non issue at this stage. You can say incompatible firmware but I just started having issues after the last WP8.1 update. There are those who have no issues. Frankly, I've given up trying to figure out why Lumia's are such a pain and all the hassle with them. I'm not impressed personally.

Not to pick on you usage of language, but the word you wanted to use was 'assure' not 'ensure'. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My l1020 heats up when i play games! Or use insta a lot

Sent from my RM-875_im_mea3_231 using Tapatalk

I don't mind it heating up with games but using data, like Taptalk or Skype? It turns into a bloody induction cooker. No joke. I can cook eggs on it. Seriously.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I don't mind it heating up with games but using data, like Taptalk or Skype? It turns into a bloody induction cooker. No joke. I can cook eggs on it. Seriously.

Ummmm using data heats it up :p not wifi though....my l920 does the same!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Well one day, when they decide to release WP8.1, I think it will be sometime in December that I'll get it. You know, after carrier drags their feet releasing it as well, I'll be on to another mobile phone. There's a 50/50 chance it won't be a WP at this stage. So for me, Cyan is simple a non issue at this stage. You can say incompatible firmware but I just started having issues after the last WP8.1 update. There are those who have no issues. Frankly, I've given up trying to figure out why Lumia's are such a pain and all the hassle with them. I'm not impressed personally.

Maybe you should consider flashing your Lumia with Country Variant ROM, so you will get the update independently from carrier. :) I have to say that I'm not happy with Windows Phone anymore, it's not about "app gap", I don't need 13516 useless apps to imitate farts :) It's more about quality of apps that are available. Missing features, bugs, updates are not in pair with iOS/Android. I don't use Instagram, but Nokia and MS were so crazy about Instagram release on WP.. and what? It's Beta since the release with 2 major updates and 3minor updates to fix bugs caused by those updates... There are a lot of apps which are at v.5.x.x.x on Android/iOS and they are at 1.0 here, last updated in 2013... Skype is a f... joke as well as other MS services on their own OS..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ummmm using data heats it up :p not wifi though....my l920 does the same!

WiFi seems to be ok on my end as well but I don't use WiFi that much when I'm out. I use data. I simply start up Taptalk or even WPC app and I drain the battery like mad. It drops so quickly. GPS gives me similar problems. My phone was plugged in on the drive to Cardiff and I had practically no battery left when I got there. I won't go into the issues with the GPS that I had on top of that.

I know that this is the DP of WP8.1 and it's not going to be perfect, regardless what people think of it being RTM, but if this is supposed to be good I'm not impressed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe you should consider flashing your Lumia with Country Variant ROM, so you will get the update independently from carrier. :) I have to say that I'm not happy with Windows Phone anymore, it's not about "app gap", I don't need 13516 useless apps to imitate farts :) It's more about quality of apps that are available. Missing features, bugs, updates are not in pair with iOS/Android. I don't use Instagram, but Nokia and MS were so crazy about Instagram release on WP.. and what? It's Beta since the release with 2 major updates and 3minor updates to fix bugs caused by those updates... There are a lot of apps which are at v.5.x.x.x on Android/iOS and they are at 1.0 here, last updated in 2013... Skype is a f... joke as well as other MS services on their own OS..

The app gap is more than about having too many apps and simply about quality. It's about having the main stream apps and some good niche ones as well. Yes, WP has come a long way but like you stated, interest from developers is still waning. We're still missing a lot of the main stream apps let alone niche. That doesn't bode well for WP. Then you add the low quality and lack of features and you got to wonder why anyone sticks with WP.

I won't leave WP just because. I'll leave it for various reasons. Apps is one part but the hardware that's come out recently is unimpressive. I've been pretty much unhappy with my L920 since day one. I'm tired of missing features that 'I' need. I can care less about eye candy I want real functionality. Add in if MS plans to release a high-end Android or allow an Android launcher and I'm so out of here. I don't want half baked solutions I want real development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb