WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

as to the rumors...Personally I would like to see a Lumia-like device with Android ;) I don't care if I'm traitor or sth like that. High-End specs, amazing quality of Nokia, beautiful design, awesome camera + the newest Android aboard and I would gladly change :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

as to the rumors...Personally I would like to see a Lumia-like device with Android ;) I don't care if I'm traitor or sth like that. High-End specs, amazing quality of Nokia, beautiful design, awesome camera + the newest Android aboard and I would gladly change :p

I don't think the issue is people not wanting an Android Nokia device, I think the issue is people being afraid that it takes away from the Windows Phone devices. Also, Microsoft would betray Windows Phone by doing so, the customer should always buy what's best for him or her.

But if they release a Lumia Android device, it should at least run real Android, not a forked version with an old OS version and a store that will be outdated all the time.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
hmmm yellow 930 (with better specs) with android aboard is something I would definitely buy:)

There's also something that makes me angry. Prices. Lumia 930 isn't something really innovative. Probably it would be, but back in 2013. It will cost more than 700$ here in Poland. I can get a brand new Samsung Galaxy s5 for this price and a Sony Xperia Z2 for 70$ less on amazon/ebay-like polish website. That's what I call a REAL flagship, the best specs available, a lot of technologies, compatibility with everything and every app I would like to see :)

Conclusion: It's a crime to charge that much for an outdated 930....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not overly impressed with the Lumia quality. I personally think they've gone downhill. Nokia's used to have good quality. Nothing that's comes out recently really says that to me.

As for the Android thing, I think Chregu said it well but I'll add my point of view.

MS releasing a high end Android phone is, to me, admitting failure of WP. Plain and simple. If as a company you cannot have confidence in your own OS why should I? That's the best way to put it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

hmmm yellow 930 (with better specs) with android aboard is something I would definitely buy:)

There's also something that makes me angry. Prices. Lumia 930 isn't something really innovative. Probably it would be, but back in 2013. It will cost more than 700$ here in Poland. I can get a brand new Samsung Galaxy s5 for this price and a Sony Xperia Z2 for 70$ less on amazon/ebay-like polish website. That's what I call a REAL flagship, the best specs available, a lot of technologies, compatibility with everything and every app I would like to see :)

Conclusion: It's a crime to charge that much for an outdated 930....

You won't get much arguments from us on here. We've all pretty much have said the same thing. I have no interest in a L930.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Lets just wait and see if they do release an android phone with the Lumia name before we all condemn Microsoft at this point.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
You won't get much arguments from us on here. We've all pretty much have said the same thing. I have no interest in a L930.

Someone will say "but Windows Phone runs smoothly with every specs" - I don't care, they charge me for a high-end device and I want a high-end device...Lumia 930 is definitely not a H-E device. Period.

Enough or forum activity, it's time to visit the gym or at least start a day with home workout :) Sadly I can't find a motivation to start running... :/

Edit to the previous posts, 930 will cost about 750$ so both s5 and Z2 are cheaper.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Lets just wait and see if they do release an android phone with the Lumia name before we all condemn Microsoft at this point.

To be honest, I don't care the slightest bit about the name Lumia. It does mean nothing to me. If they want to dilute their brand it's okay for me.

What I have issues with is the X2 being better and cheaper than the Lumia 630, and the thought that there might be an even higher-end Android phone when there's still a huge gap between the Lumia 630 and the Lumia 930 to be filled with Windows Phone devices.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Someone will say "but Windows Phone runs smoothly with every specs" - I don't care, they charge me for a high-end device and I want a high-end device...Lumia 930 is definitely not a H-E device. Period.

I have a d?j? vu, I wrote exactly the same before ;-)

Enough or forum activity, it's time to visit the gym or at least start a day with home workout :) Sadly I can't find a motivation to start running... :/

I was already running today :p

Have fun!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm keeping calm and I'm waiting. I'm just surprised that MS hasn't squashed the rumours yet if they were untrue.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm keeping calm and I'm waiting. I'm just surprised that MS hasn't squashed the rumours yet if they were untrue.

It's Microsoft, it usually takes them a while to respond to things like this. That doesn't upset me yet.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's Microsoft, it usually takes them a while to respond to things like this. That doesn't upset me yet.

I'm not upset just curious as to why they haven't said anything. If they weren't planning one all they had to say was, no. Wasn't there supposed to be some big announcement today or sometime this month???

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm not upset just curious as to why they haven't said anything. If they weren't planning one all they had to say was, no. Wasn't there supposed to be some big announcement today or sometime this month???

Well, Joe's PR team has to fire up the twitter account first, I guess the interns are still debating about the choice of words :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If people just would stop having sex before they are married and want to have children, we wouldn't need that! After 6 - 7 children you wouldn't feel like having sex anyway anymore.

I detect sarcasm.... :p

I think it's a great invention, not just for contraception pills either. I have nothing against abortion or any other forms of family planning but I think if you can avoid abortion in the first place I think that's a good thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's nothing more fun than scrolling through 4669 documents looking for something. :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I was just talking to a friend. He thinks about leaving his girlfriend because "he doesn't feel like he can give her what she deserves" and because he feels like he doesn't have the same emotions towards her anymore. He just came from a long trip abroad and she will soon leave for a few months. He is pretty exhausted, she wants to spend as much time with him as possible.

I really hope he doesn't do something stupid. Don't get me wrong, he's a very nice and handsome guy, but she's an amazing woman, one you won't find easily to begin with. I also have seen this before, guys who suddenly feel like they can do better, leaving their long-time girlfriend and then realizing what huge mistake they made (while the women usually recover much faster).

Today I tried to make an argument that it's just a difficult phase for both of them, but maybe I should tell him with more emphasis that he shouldn't do something rushed. Or else I will feel bad too afterwards.

Any thoughts?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So I went on a purge yesterday and deleted a ton of apps I don't use of my 8X. Gonna see if I can get two days between charges on it now...😊

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Any thoughts?

That's a tough one and not really knowing the people or the situation correctly it's hard to know the right approach.

Going by what you've said I'd say he's got 'single man syndrome'. Meaning he had a period of time without attachment and maybe felt a bit drowned in the relationship he is in. With a period of freedom he was able to do what he wanted with his time. It probably felt good to him and he likes that feeling. On his return he now is back in the same situation before he left and he feels trapped again.

Some people may consider this a lack of commitment or pressure to commit. What it really boils down to is his desire to 'play' the field and live 'his' life. So instead of conveying to his current partner that he needs some space and maybe things need to change he'd rather just throw it away because he feels that she just won't understand. Add in that she's going away for some time and it appears the 'perfect' timing.

It's kind of like a movie. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte