WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think it does. I'm going to find out because I plan to use to with the Z Ultra and that's a phone I usually leave at home. So I'm going to wear it all day today and come home and see if it will log the information. I think it should though, but I'll let you know in the morning. The logger app looks like a serious battery hog though...

Looking very much forward to your experiences :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Working with a bunch of biologists that are mostly postdocs with a lot of experience can be fun. Today we discussed how to improve humans over lunch, my favorite thing was the idea to express chloroplasts in human cells to reduce necessary food intake by producing energy with photosynthesis.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Working with a bunch of biologists that are mostly postdocs with a lot of experience can be fun. Today we discussed how to improve humans over lunch, my favorite thing was the idea to express chloroplasts in human cells to reduce necessary food intake by producing energy with photosynthesis.

Did anyone suggest reducing influence of the mammalian brain on the newer cerebral cortex? That would be a good advancement.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Did anyone suggest reducing influence of the mammalian brain on the newer cerebral cortex? That would be a good advancement.

Maybe you should join the discussion sometime. ;-)

What advantages would that have?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

All this wearable tech is interesting. I wonder if I would get a smart watch too. I liked the Kreyos, bit I liked the look of the Pebble Steel. I think I may pass, as wearing a smart band and Bluetooth headset is enough for me for now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking very much forward to your experiences :)

Well, i will keep you posted. One thing I can say so far us that it is comfortable to wear. I slept with it on last night and it was cool. I'm wearing it with the sensor on the inside of the wrist, so maybe that helps...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sahib would go for that because it may mean he has to eat tri tip less...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe you should join the discussion sometime. ;-)

What advantages would that have?

It would take away irrational fears which most of us suffer from. We would have more self confidence and greater self-esteem on the whole. Basically our mammalian brain overrides our cerebral cortex when find ourselves in stressful situations. These situations don't need to be physical but the mammalian brain sees it as an attack as such and puts our more rational cerebral cortex to sleep forcing us into the fight or flight mode. So rational thinking goes out the window.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It would take away irrational fears which most of us suffer from. We would have more self confidence and greater self-esteem on the whole. Basically our mammalian brain overrides our cerebral cortex when find ourselves in stressful situations. These situations don't need to be physical but the mammalian brain sees it as an attack as such and puts our more rational cerebral cortex to sleep forcing us into the fight or flight mode. So rational thinking goes out the window.

Well, okay. If it helps, maybe we should invite some neurobiologist for this lunch ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know I've mentioned this on the thread a few times but it repeating: I always SMH at shattered screens on smartphones. I went in a fast food joint and saw this well put together guy (both dress and looks wise) order while I was waiting to get a snack. Then he pulled out his phone and it liked like it literally had taken a bullet for him. I swear I saw the same amount of cracks on his screen as one would if you saw a group of girls who squeezed into a pair of jeans one size too small and wore them too low and had to bend over to pick up something off the floor simultaneously...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, okay. If it helps, maybe we should invite some neurobiologist for this lunch ;-)

Evolutionary wise we're still tied our ancient roots in many ways. :/

I'm reading a book. It's written by a psychiatrist and another guy, who is a psychopath, not a murderous type. What I've explained is one of the differences between 'regular' people and psychopaths. So, yeah if you're wondering, I want people to become even more psycho than they already are. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know I've mentioned this on the thread a few times but it repeating: I always SMH at shattered screens on smartphones. I went in a fast food joint and saw this well put together guy (both dress and looks wise) order while I was waiting to get a snack. Then he pulled out his phone and it liked like it literally had taken a bullet for him. I swear I saw the same amount of cracks on his screen as one would if you saw a group of girls who squeezed into a pair of jeans one size too small and wore them too low and had to bend over to pick up something off the floor simultaneously...

Thanks for the imagery. I've seen it a lot recently. Unfortunately men seem to be the greater culprits...

Don't fully understand why people don't fix their phones. I think 99% of it is fear of not having it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, if these girls are over 18 and were told about the consequences of their style of clothing, then I'd probably prefer these cracks.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I had my "unbreakable" Lumia 800 only a few weeks before the screen shattered. At this time it lost so much of its value, that it was less expensive to buy an Omnia W than to replace the screen of the Lumia 800.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the imagery. I've seen it a lot recently. Unfortunately men seem to be the greater culprits...

Don't fully understand why people don't fix their phones. I think 99% of it is fear of not having it.

Teens are the biggest offenders here. I'll never forget what one of my old contacts who dealt in used Blackberrys in Bay Ridge said: "teens should be banned from using phones as they're so destructive with how they care them."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb