WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hit two flies with one flyswatter. It's less blood thirsty because nobody cares about flies ;-)

Flies have their uses. :p Also, unless you're a strict Buddhist... :p

I try not to kill flies or any other insect if I can help it. Call me soft or whatever. I've just learned to see things differently. I'm still struggling to become a vegetarian/vegan though...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Flies have their uses. :p Also, unless you're a strict Buddhist... :p

I try not to kill flies or any other insect if I can help it. Call me soft or whatever. I've just learned to see things differently. I'm still struggling to become a vegetarian/vegan though...

Well, in science everybody screams about mice and rats and other animals, even fish have some kind of lobby. With flies you can do whatever you want, I'm not even sure if the ethic departments bother with them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, in science everybody screams about mice and rats and other animals, even fish have some kind of lobby. With flies you can do whatever you want, I'm not even sure if the ethic departments bother with them.

They'll make a big fuss about the animals until their own children start dying due to lack of research. Then they may change their minds. Then again, there's a lot of dumb parents around who are withholding vaccinating their children due to false information. So maybe it's the same group...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm going to work late today with good reason. I went to the post office to get the SBH- 52. I must say...I like it. I wish I had the child of the MW1 and the SBH-52, which is the SBH-52 with 16GB onboard memory for music. I like the fact that SBH-52 has FM radio and is waterproof too, but the onboard memory would be nice whenever I didn't want to stream music from the Prince because the battery is too low. The speaker mode on it is sexy.

And for the record, it is a big hands free. You can put it to your ear and use it that way too. Craziness...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of BP, he would be proud...

I'm rocking my Purpose Z Ultra, the SBH-52 hands free and SWR-10 smartbrand. I want to see how well the battery life will hold up when I have logger running for most of the day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm, layoffs at MS... that will invoke confidence in their ecosystem...

That usually happens sadly whenever a new chief comes into town. Not that I don't like reorganization, but the human cost of people losing their jobs - no matter how efficient or ineffective they were - always scks but gets swept under the rug.

Many of the seasoned vets like myself have an unfavorable view of mgmt where I worked because they did a Xmas firing of one of the popular employees.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh, speaking of BP.

From my understanding he's apparently concentrating on finding an new job which is why we're not seeing him around as much. Must be taking up a lot of his time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That usually happens sadly whenever a new chief comes into town. Not that I don't like reorganization, but the human cost of people losing their jobs - no matter how efficient or ineffective they were - always scks but gets swept under the rug.

Many of the seasoned vets like myself have an unfavorable view of mgmt where I worked because they did a Xmas firing of one of the popular employees.

In Australia when I was a contractor, xmas always was a popular end time for a contract. As things start to wind down they start dumping the contractors just before the xmas break. Usually pissing off all the contractors of course. :p

I'm guessing the idea of streamlining MS will result in some layoffs but going from experience, those who are most needed are the ones who usually get let go. Also with Nokia being added in the mix I can see how this can happen. Still, it doesn't make a consumer look at your company favorably. The 'market' may like it but not consumers.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

My mom's Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos is rebooting continuously in a loop... Tried removing SIM card and battery,no use. Can't even reset because it can't get past the Samsung logo! It's just a year old, bought at the same time as my phone, but it's out of warranty. What do I do now? 😠😒

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Temporarily put the SIM in my Nokia 3110 Classic. Hmm... Working now. What do I do about the messages? They aren't backed up 👆 to OneDrive like on Windows Phone. 😞

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, speaking of BP.

From my understanding he's apparently concentrating on finding an new job which is why we're not seeing him around as much. Must be taking up a lot of his time.

Good to him in the job search. I should be doing some more of that myself but I'm delaying it to get through my 1st year internship.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In Australia when I was a contractor, xmas always was a popular end time for a contract. As things start to wind down they start dumping the contractors just before the xmas break. Usually pissing off all the contractors of course. :p

I'm guessing the idea of streamlining MS will result in some layoffs but going from experience, those who are most needed are the ones who usually get let go. Also with Nokia being added in the mix I can see how this can happen. Still, it doesn't make a consumer look at your company favorably. The 'market' may like it but not consumers.

I get xmas layoffs. They're always nasty. Why I and a lot of other people were purturbed by it was mgmt knew that they were going to cut my coworker's position months beforehand. She was the model employee. I wish they would have at least let her get through to January and then do it. Plus, the other guy they axed at that time was given a reprieve only because Hurricane Sandy had made him temporarily homeless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise