WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

They fired a PhD student who was partially involved with my lab. I didn't know they do this... he wasn't that bad. Maybe I should be a little afraid.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I have only recently given eveleaks some attention, and all I read is "I'm sorry I was wrong", "**** you all for not accepting that I also can be wrong!", "Sorry, for being so offensive, I know I shouldn't be", "Well, I was wrong again", "There might be a Lumia 635."

Lawl I remember those.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No, he can start another one even in biology, you have two chances. They won't make it difficult for him and probably say he left on his own will.

Tough break for him. Hopefully he bounces back. Mgmt always likes to say that to protect employee morale. Where I work, they shot through employee moral years ago, that's why people have boycotted the three staff focused events each year - the company retreat, holiday luncheon and staff party.

People can understand the unpleasant idea of letting people go. What folks cannot excuse is poor treatment by mgmt.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Tough break for him. Hopefully he bounces back. Mgmt always likes to say that to protect employee morale. Where I work, they shot through employee moral years ago, that's why people have boycotted the three staff focused events each year - the company retreat, holiday luncheon and staff party.

People can understand the unpleasant idea of letting people go. What folks cannot excuse is poor treatment by mgmt.

I had a long stretch of poor management in Canada and that's why I'm so cynical. :p I went contractor and I was very happy during that time. However, moving to the UK it became difficult to maintain being a contractor so I became staff. I slightly regret the decision but in some way it's not all bad. Management still sucks. Companies still suck and I still think like a contractor. I'm always thinking of myself first (contractor mindset). I'm really just out to get what I want out of this place then maybe move on. We'll see though. For now, it's convenient.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had a long stretch of poor management in Canada and that's why I'm so cynical. :p I went contractor and I was very happy during that time. However, moving to the UK it became difficult to maintain being a contractor so I became staff. I slightly regret the decision but in some way it's not all bad. Management still sucks. Companies still suck and I still think like a contractor. I'm always thinking of myself first (contractor mindset). I'm really just out to get what I want out of this place then maybe move on. We'll see though. For now, it's convenient.

That's the thing with my job. I like the young people and the convenience of the fact I've been here for so long I know how to work smartly. Still, I need to do something different. It won't matter anyways because I may end up leaving here next year because I cannot do my internship, work full time and travel my commute.

I've learned a lot of what not to do via osrbveation here. Since I want to get into management I will do my best to make a more positive work space.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Good thing I'm not a cynical person. As long as there are ponies, puppies, chocolate cake and ice cream, everything is alright!

Of course, when thinking about all the places on this planets where puppies grow into aggressive mongrels, ponies are if of interest only to eat them and people are starving and would be happy with a piece of old bread, then I guess it makes me the biggest cynic around here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Any weekend plans for folks? I'm going to do some cleaning and then dinner with the GF and watching the World Cup final.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Is it wrong to want a capable camera for my needs in a smartphone? I'm really here fishing around to determine if I should keep my 925 or go trolling for a 1020. I'm not in any imminent rush to decide, but the internal debate is interesting...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Any weekend plans for folks? I'm going to do some cleaning and then dinner with the GF and watching the World Cup final.

yup I have two things ...... a baby shower at the park and then a grad party :D
im not to fond of baby showers because they are boring but there will be food :3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Is it wrong to want a capable camera for my needs in a smartphone? I'm really here fishing around to determine if I should keep my 925 or go trolling for a 1020. I'm not in any imminent rush to decide, but the internal debate is interesting...

I think the 1020 is always going to be king until the successor comes along but that's going to be a long time from now. I say go with the 1020

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

yup I have two things ...... a baby shower at the park and then a grad party :D
im not to fond of baby showers because they are boring but there will be food :3

Gotta chow down. Let's hope you can find a cute female playmate that'll get you pregnant with excitement again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro