WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You do know I was kidding? Right? Lol

I find 920 wayyyy heavier than my 1020, the reason why my phone slips through my hands!!
Or maybe I'm just used to heavy phones!!

It's not heavier? I don't really know, it's certainly clumsier ;-)

Women have it better, they can carry their phones in a purse. I carry mine in my pocket, and the 1020 is definitely not the most comfortable piece of hardware for that.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Women have it better, they can carry their phones in a purse. I carry mine in my pocket, and the 1020 is definitely not the most comfortable piece of hardware for that.

I keep it in my hand all the time :p purses are way too much for me!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I also wonder how well the 1020 had performed under these conditions I had this weekend. All these very bright whites and the very dark greens. I'm actually amazed how well the S120 did.

When I went back home for both those funerals earlier this year the 920 performed admirably, but there were a few key shots i took that I figured either the 6th sense of the 925 or the 1020's sensor would have made the difference. It goes to show you how far the Pureview tech has come...still you want to pull out a good camera only when those key moments arise.

To me the best part of the iPhone, and the only feature I like is that the shot to shot time is instantaneous. As processors get better, I think high end camera phones will really crush the cheaper stand alone point and shoots.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

lol what I meant is that it would of preformed well because its a good camera but its not good enough to replace a DSLR

The S120 is not a DSLR. It's still a much better camera than the 1020, and I hope it is, it's almost as expensive and it's a dedicated device with high-end optics, a very advanced sensor, amazing ISO settings and an aperture you can rarely find on cameras of this size.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually, perhaps not. The 925 is lighter than the 1020, which is lighter than the 920. Even though the 1020 and 920 share the same style design, the 1020 is a better grip in hand.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The S120 is not a DSLR. It's still a much better camera than the 1020, and I hope it is, it's almost as expensive and it's a dedicated device with high-end optics, a very advanced sensor, amazing ISO settings and an aperture you can rarely find on these devices.

ahh ok I thought it was a DSLR camera :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so they are EOLing the 1020 now. so no more updates ? I see the same thing happening to the 1020 like the 810

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Actually, perhaps not. The 925 is lighter than the 1020, which is lighter than the 920. Even though the 1020 and 920 share the same style design, the 1020 is a better grip in hand.

I didn't mean for taking pictures, I meant for carrying it around.

Of course it's a matter of taste, but for my everyday use I want my phone to be as slim as possible. :)

Actually, I find the camera button of the 8X being unusable, the phone is too slim to hold steady while pressing this even slimmer button. I don't really care however, I just take pictures by pressing the are of where I want to focus.

(This is also possible with the S120's touchscreen and I love it as I'm used to do this with my 8X.)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I didn't mean for taking pictures, I meant for carrying it around.

Of course it's a matter of taste, but for my everyday use I want my phone to be as slim as possible. :)

Actually, I find the camera button of the 8X being unusable, the phone is too slim to hold steady while pressing this even slimmer button. I don't really care however, I just take pictures by pressing the are of where I want to focus.

(This is also possible with the S120's touchscreen and I love it as I'm used to do this with my 8X.)

While the 925 is wide, it is almost as light to carry weight wise as the 8X. I think you may trade a little bit more weight with the 1020 to compensate for that massive sensor. I still curse MSFT for putting the S600 processor in the 1020, because Amber didn't support it at that time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb