WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

:p w/e I like brownies and yes you did change the subject even though I didn't think you said anything wrong. I still want to be a a tree though wait better yet a apple true :3

I was in London. I used my phone fairly light. Had majority of the background tasks off. My phone was almost dead in three hours.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So the Android on Windows Phone rumors are growing, not decreasing.

I'm so confused about what phone I should buy. I'm afraid I won't get the Android L UI when I buy a current Android high-end phone as these manufacturers will do everything to keep their Android skin, I have no idea where Windows Phone is heading and it certainly don't has to be a good place.

I guess I'll really go with an iPhone with what I can't do wrong much and wait this one out.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So the Android on Windows Phone rumors are growing, not decreasing.

I'm so confused about what phone I should buy. I'm afraid I won't get the Android L UI when I buy a current Android high-end phone as these manufacturers will do everything to keep their Android skin, I have no idea where Windows Phone is heading and it certainly don't has to be a good place.

I guess I'll really go with an iPhone with what I can't do wrong much and wait this one out.

Nexus is the way to go ;).

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

some cosmetic brand named look which is actually awesome!!! is 4 times cheaper than maybelline, mac, max factor, etc! seems weird :O

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Nexus is the way to go ;).

Right, the Lumia 930 hardware for half the price. Except of the camera of course.

I don't want the Nexus 5, I'd prefer a newer phone. The Nexus 6, if there will be one, will probably not make it to the Swiss market, and the imports are a little expensive in the beginning.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Right, the Lumia 930 hardware for half the price. Except of the camera of course.

I don't want the Nexus 5, I'd prefer a newer phone. The Nexus 6, if there will be one, will probably not make it to the Swiss market, and the imports are a little expensive in the beginning.

You can buy online direct from Google?

I'm unsure what I'm getting yet but if I do go with Android it will be a Google device, though it would appear the Sony's update quickly. So that may be an option as well. I won't buy another Samsung as they tend not to update their software frequently. I have a the Note 10" first gen, perfectly capable of running the latest Android but no updates.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've come to hate brand laptops, well, HP anyway. I've had issues with Bluetooth on W8 since day one with it. I finally downloaded some software (Lenovo if you can believe it!) and it finally works properly. I won't discuss my feelings about the Sony Viao my wife has. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You can buy online direct from Google?

I'm unsure what I'm getting yet but if I do go with Android it will be a Google device, though it would appear the Sony's update quickly. So that may be an option as well. I won't buy another Samsung as they tend not to update their software frequently. I have a the Note 10" first gen, perfectly capable of running the latest Android but no updates.

Google didn't sell the Nexus 5 in Switzerland.

Well, the Sonys... they don't really excite me from an optical point of view.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Actually, now they seem to sell the Nexus 5 in Switzerland too. They didn't initially. Maybe they will do the same with the Nexus 6.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Actually, now they seem to sell the Nexus 5 in Switzerland too. They didn't initially. Maybe they will do the same with the Nexus 6.

The Nexus 5 was sold out in the UK for the first three months or something like that. I'm not in a hurry so if I do decide to go that way I can wait until the fuss is over. I'm expecting the Nexus 6 to be the same.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Do you have Play Store ? We are probably not seeing it for some years :( .

Yes, we do. However there was just no hardware available the last time I checked. Now it shows the Nexus 5 and 7 in Swiss Francs.

Well, the Nexus 6 might be too far out anyway, I'm planning on buying a new phone in autumn.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes, we do. However there was just no hardware available the last time I checked. Now it shows the Nexus 5 and 7 in Swiss Francs.

Well, the Nexus 6 might be too far out anyway, I'm planning on buying a new phone in autumn.

I'm thinking next year but we'll see.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking next year but we'll see.

Same here. I hope I will have a new phone by summer 2015. I will wait and see what threshold brings for Windows. If things don't get better than I might be going to Android. iOS is not an option for me.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Same here. I hope I will have a new phone by summer 2015. I will wait and see what threshold brings for Windows. If things don't get better than I might be going to Android. iOS is not an option for me.

I like iOS.

The iPhone is just solid. Based on history it gets OS updates for 4 years, the OS is very mature and has all the important features, the app ecosystem is amazing. The camera is very good and the phones are beautiful and very slim.

However, while I think the iPads and Macs are becoming reasonable priced, the iPhone is still very expensive. But the 16 GB is alright, and as I don't watch movies on my phone and use Spotify, that will be enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99