WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Tell me why on the Android WPcentral app it was easy as pie to add a picture and yet on WPCentral I've got to use Taptalk? It's like MSFT has all the good APIs hiding under their hat and not sharing them with devs and OEMs to restrict hardware. I'd love the charge light indicator in my 8X to flash BB style when I have a notification. I'd love the windows key to do the same. I'd love to set Proshot as my default camera app launched by the hardware button. All these will get lost as the newer WPs start to look like Nexus models with blank black screens and on screen buttons.

You've just described the one thing that has baffled me since day one with WP. I can appreciate the security but it's locked down too much. How about just limiting the devs to personal information rather than locking down the whole device?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have one but I didn't think to charge it before we left and I thought I would have an opportunity to charge while out. Which I did, twice...

Everything I do on the L920 these days heats the unit up. If it keeps it up I may get rid of it sooner. I'm waiting for Cyan to see if things change. If not, it goes.

When I went to Cardiff I used my GPS and the phone got so hot the battery practically died even though it was plugged in and the GPS went funny.

So yeah, I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I have thought of going back to WP8 but I do like some of the aspects of WP8.1.

That's me in a nutshell. I like some parts of 8.1 and some parts of 8.0. I understand some of the moves MSFT mades are for the long play, but in the meantime it doesn't make the transitions smoother.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You've just described the one thing that has baffled me since day one with WP. I can appreciate the security but it's locked down too much. How about just limiting the devs to personal information rather than locking down the whole device?

Guess they saw how early Android and their own Windows Mobile went, looked at Apple starting to make money hand over fist and said, "let's do that"! 3 years and this same old mishmash later, they're spinning their wheels as to why WP isn't selling.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Guess they saw how early Android and their own Windows Mobile went, looked at Apple starting to make money hand over fist and said, "let's do that"! 3 years and this same old mishmash later, they're spinning their wheels as to why WP isn't selling.

Well maybe this week we'll finally get an idea what they're up to with the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference. Will there be Android on WP? Will there be a Lumia Android? Will WP still suck in a year? What better hardware is coming? The world wants to know. :p LOL!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well maybe this week we'll finally get an idea what they're up to with the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference. Will there be Android on WP? Will there be a Lumia Android? Will WP still suck in a year? What better hardware is coming? The world wants to know. :p LOL!

They will present disappointing results and make some foggy promises ;-)

When does it start in European time?

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I've never been a Nokia fan even when they were market leader. I was proud of them as a Finn of course, but not a fan.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I've never been a Nokia fan even when they were market leader. I was proud of them as a Finn of course, but not a fan.

Me neither. When I bought my first phone everybody had either Nokia or Ericsson here. The Ericssons were very ugly and had this uncomfortable antenna, so most people bought Nokias.

Later when Ericssons got prettier I had a few of them too, then I made the switch to Microsoft OS devices anyway. For me Nokia was never something special, just something common and familiar.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Btw. former Nokia HQ, now Microsoft Mobile in Espoo isn't far away from where I live.

You should spy on them for us to find out if they build any new high-end Windows Phone devices, any higher-end Android devices, and whether they are thinking of bringing Android apps to Windows Phone or not!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Or maybe they leave us in the dark they same way they have been doing currently...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Also, I found the quality of Nokia phones were a lot better prior to WP8. I've been quite disappointed with the L920 and pretty much anything else that's come out except maybe the L925.

People go on about the Nokia phones I have to say they're nothing like they used to be.

As for who makes the phone I never had an issue with MS buying Nokia other than the fact that Nokia was a good company at one point that lost their way. Nokia phones are made in China not Finland anyway. the R&D was in Finland.
The 1520 and the 1020 are not good quality? 😲 wow some stern critic you are 😊.... Well to each his own...I find the design of the 1520 to be more thin and appealing than the 925. Atleast better than the iPhone design...god that's been the same since 4 years(iPhone 4). And the iPhone is also made in China. Almost all the phones manufactured are mostly made and assembled in China due to the cheap labour costs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The 1520 and the 1020 are not good quality? �� wow some stern critic you are ��.... Well to each his own...I find the design of the 1520 to be more thin and appealing than the 925. Atleast better than the iPhone design...god that's been the same since 4 years(iPhone 4). And the iPhone is also made in China. Almost all the phones manufactured are mostly made and assembled in China due to the cheap labour costs.

Hey, whatever makes you happy. I'm just telling you what I think.

What's so special about the Nokia design? It's a rectangle. Am I supposed to be impressed? They been using that for almost the same length of time as the iPhone. It's getting just a boring isn't it?

Yes I know most phones are made in China, for now.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Hey, whatever makes you happy. I'm just telling you what I think.

What's so special about the Nokia design? It's a rectangle. Am I supposed to be impressed? They been using that for almost the same length of time as the iPhone. It's getting just a boring isn't it?

Yes I know most phones are made in China, for now.
I was just expressing my opinion too, no offense😊

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Don't duel with N_LaRUE, he'll crush you with the weight of his knowledge!
:p

I duel with him all the time and make out just fine. Only those scared not to push the boundaries of their own understanding would heed the cautious nature of your words...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers