WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Dude, Rue pretty much translated what I wrote. But if you need confirmation, there was nothing offensive in there. It's the same stuff as always...me mentioning how tired I am.

Hell, I'm more worried if I wrote what I wrote correctly than being a smartass and writing something offensive...
Let it slide... Don't start this all over again.... Just IMHO.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm amazed to hear them confirm how much of a cluster**** things have been. That's nice PR. Let's now see some results and show us you mean business with good hardware and more importantly, improved support and software.

Yes, Microsoft's future will certainly be interesting. Except if that was just a lot of talking and no actions will follow. It most certainly won't be easy.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I knew you was. I went all seriousy on you because I just remembered it's only Tuesday at work and I'm not in the mood to deal with inefficiency from coworkers today...

What the hell does that have to do with me? I might be inefficient today, but I'm most certainly not your coworker, except I missed something. Is it you Jack?!

Disclaimer: I don't have a coworker called Jack.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Does the Japanese language suffer with offensive words and regular word being very similar? I know of a couple in Finnish that are like that, well to my ear they sound the same to a Finnish person completely different.

I won't go into their fun with phonetics fire story...

Chregu can politely ask his coworkers about this, but I'm sure there are a few. The trick is that there are three levels of Japanese though:

Politeness and humbleness (you use this at work with your boss and important people)
Standard (regular situations)
Casual (that's with friends and people you know well, young people like to use this one a lot)

The three levels help to cut down those goofs, but I'm sure stuff is there between the standard and casual levels. So yes, there are some things there are 3 ways to say it. And if used incorrectly, you get looked at as a dumbass.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Agreed completely. Thing is, being MS and with all the shuffling about, Chregu is probably dead on. We're looking at least 2-3 years I'd say before things start to sort themselves out.

Yup. And I'm not in the mood for that. Seriously.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm feeling just fine. It's a work thing.

I accept your apology but I will say one thing. Learn to know the difference between attacking and arguing a persons ideas and not attacking and insulting a person. There is a big difference between the two. You did that later rather than the former.

Also, if you have anything to say to me, say it to me. Don't hide behind another language. That's impolite.
Oh brother I didn't insult you in Hindi! :) You did see Hopeforwp's translation didn't you, Ashid got it wrong and he admitted it later, and that's where the trouble started. I never meant to insult you,I just said I could handle myself. That's the problem here, we get offended at petty things very quickly, and that includes me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The three levels help to cut down those goofs, but I'm sure stuff is there between the standard and casual levels. So yes, there are some things there are 3 ways to say it. And if used incorrectly, you get looked at as a dumbass.

I think I've heard of that before. I think it's similar with Chinese and other Asian languages as well. (though I could be wrong)

Finnish only has standard and dialect/slang. Similar to English. Just depends if you think English has dialect.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Let it slide... Don't start this all over again.... Just IMHO.

He was just teasing, for the record. And also for the record, I write in Japanese in here all the time and usually translate it afterwards. And if I leave it not translated, it is never anything that can be interpreted as offensive - unless you find it offensive to say how tired I am after a long week or that it is raining in NYC. 😉

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh brother I didn't insult you in Hindi! :) You did see Hopeforwp's translation didn't you, Ashid got it wrong and he admitted it later, and that's where the trouble started. I never meant to insult you,I just said I could handle myself. That's the problem here, we get offended at petty things very quickly, and that includes me.

I wasn't referring to your Hindi my friend. That's just about politeness. The insults were from other things you said.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What the hell does that have to do with me? I might be inefficient today, but I'm most certainly not your coworker, except I missed something. Is it you Jack?!

Disclaimer: I don't have a coworker called Jack.

Well, I have a supervisor who wants to Jack one of his charges. And yes, his first name is Buddy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I've heard of that before. I think it's similar with Chinese and other Asian languages as well. (though I could be wrong)

Finnish only has standard and dialect/slang. Similar to English. Just depends if you think English has dialect.

Plus Japanese has the 3 alphabets too. The thing is a tough study, but not as tough as Cantonese or Mandarin.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not even capable of learning an acceptable French...

One of my dear friends has gorgeous French. She lived in France and taught English for 3 years.

I did have an NSFW comment lined up, but let's say it this way: there's nothing cooler than iPadding with someone who is bilingual and the non English language comes out...😉😎

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb