WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, today is going pretty ****, sort of. There's a new guy who me and my co-worker were suspecting was going to be an *** and rather painful to work with. We were correct. The guy is a complete slimeball. So not happy. He's one of those people who you distrust the minute you meet them. At least now I know that he is that way I just need to be more cautious. We I hate working like that though.

Gotta love working with folks like that. At least you know what you're working with. We've got a couple like that at the job and I just lock in on completion of the task at hand as quite frankly those type of folks are annoying.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I just wasn't feeling the energy needed to fight on the commute today and to fight the powers that be and inefficient coworkers on the job...so I called out.

Days like this remind me of how much people put out (including myself) in order to take care of themselves and their families. Not saying that I wished life was a piece of cake, but wished it was a little easier for all economically these days...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
People ***** and moan on WPCentral a tad too much. It is always annoying when reading comments in the forums about people asking for updates to their own device which is different from the one listed in the forum or article.

For example, MSFT just released Cyan for 925 and 625 so far, yet half the comments I keep seeing is "when is my 521/1520/920/620 etc getting the update"? I swear people don't know how to be patient these days...

(Rant ended)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, today is going pretty ****, sort of. There's a new guy who me and my co-worker were suspecting was going to be an *** and rather painful to work with. We were correct. The guy is a complete slimeball. So not happy. He's one of those people who you distrust the minute you meet them. At least now I know that he is that way I just need to be more cautious. Damn I hate working like that though.

Well, maybe he isn't that bad once you get to know him...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

People ***** and moan on WPCentral a tad too much. It is always annoying when reading comments in the forums about people asking for updates to their own device which is different from the one listed in the forum or article.

For example, MSFT just released Cyan for 925 and 625 so far, yet half the comments I keep seeing is "when is my 521/1520/920/620 etc getting the update"? I swear people don't know how to be patient these days...

(Rant ended)

Yeah, you're right. But I still wonder when my 8X will get the update?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

(Rant ended)

It's the 'why can't MS release the update to everyone at once' argument. What's with the slow rollout?

Personally I'm not expecting mine for another month or two so you won't see me complaining. Saying that, I do find their system crap. It's not about impatience to me it's more to do with this long dragging on nonsense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, maybe he isn't that bad once you get to know him...

Maybe. I try not to judge people too quickly but going by what he started yesterday and seemed to continue today doesn't fill me with any confidence.

I get the feeling he's looking for excuses and people to point fingers at. He's got one of those auras about him. Not that I'm into that kind of thing but there's just something about him.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Maybe. I try not to judge people too quickly but going by what he started yesterday and seemed to continue today doesn't fill me with any confidence.

I get the feeling he's looking for excuses and people to point fingers at. He's got one of those auras about him. Not that I'm into that kind of thing but there's just something about him.

I know what you mean. I have felt the same about coworkers before. It's unfortunate.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I wonder the same thing about my 8X. But I'm not photobombing all over the place like a wild spoiled brat.

Mostly I wonder because I really don't expect HTC to put any effort into this. If there is a firmware update I think it will be to give people a firmware update without any real improvements ;-)

Hell, they don't even support their lower-end Android phones that are that old.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I prefer them pleasant. And I guess most people do, so I'm sorry to hear that.

To give you an idea, he started a battle between me and someone else. It was easily resolvable but I'm guessing the way things were explained upset the other person.

Then they sent me an email. I replied. Which CC a lot of other people. Apparently my reply to All, which I kept simple, upset people, or so I was informed. I didn't receive any indication from anyone that they were upset via email, the guy decided to make a point of it in my morning meeting instead of just talking to me about it directly. Typical slimeball behaviour. My reply was to the email that was sent. Anyone who read the first email sent to me would have understood the reply. It wasn't rude or nasty. Just blunt and to the point. I even got my co-worker to read it before I sent to to make sure I wouldn't **** people off!

So you see, the guy is out to make trouble, just because he can. People like him do it deliberately, usually trying to hide their incompetence.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's the 'why can't MS release the update to everyone at once' argument. What's with the slow rollout?

Personally I'm not expecting mine for another month or two so you won't see me complaining. Saying that, I do find their system crap. It's not about impatience to me it's more to do with this long dragging on nonsense.

That's the thing that Apple has. Since it is a smaller set of devices, once they push the update out, everyone gets it at the same time. To me, this reeks of MSFT not being on the same page fully with OEMs and more importantly the carriers because the OS isn't there yet in the eyes of consumers. What would be nice is if MSFT rolled out even two updates in a row with OEMs relatively quickly. Say like all of one week everybody got the updates would be nice.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

To give you an idea, he started a battle between me and someone else. It was easily resolvable but I'm guessing the way things were explained upset the other person.

Then they sent me an email. I replied. Which CC a lot of other people. Apparently my reply to All, which I kept simple, upset people, or so I was informed. I didn't receive any indication from anyone that they were upset via email, the guy decided to make a point of it in my morning meeting instead of just talking to me about it directly. Typical slimeball behaviour. My reply was to the email that was sent. Anyone who read the first email sent to me would have understood the reply. It wasn't rude or nasty. Just blunt and to the point. I even got my co-worker to read it before I sent to to make sure I wouldn't **** people off!

So you see, the guy is out to make trouble, just because he can. People like him do it deliberately, usually trying to hide their incompetence.

As one of your coworker I would think this guy is a real *******, being new and already behaving like this.

I hope you were able to just keep calm and shrug it off by stating the facts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte