WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As one of your coworker I would think this guy is a real *******, being new and already behaving like this.

I hope you were able to just keep calm and shrug it off by stating the facts.

Yes, I stated what was going on. However, that probably doesn't clear things up between me and the other guy. Oh well.

This guy has come in to replace someone else. My co-worker, who is this guy's equal, is not impressed at all.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Satya Nadella promotes dual use during Microsoft WPC 2014 speech | Windows Phone Central

There were also a few live demos during Nadella's portion of the keynote. One of them was the Skype Translator app that is planned for a beta release for Windows 8.1 later this year. The live demo had a couple of hiccups, but it was mostly successful in translating voice messages from English to German and vice-versa.

I know both languages, makes me feel like watching the video and see how good it is.

The quote translated by Bing:

W?hrend Nadellas Teil der Keynote gab es auch ein paar live-Demos. Einer von ihnen war die Skype ?bersetzer-app, die f?r eine Beta-Version f?r Windows 8.1 noch in diesem Jahr geplant ist. Die live-Demo hatte ein paar Schluckauf, aber es war meistens erfolgreich bei der ?bersetzung von Sprachnachrichten aus dem Englischen ins Deutsche und umgekehrt.

It has troubles with some articles, and it translates hiccups as the condition, not by the meaning (which makes it funny to read), apart from that it's very good.

I'm actually surprised.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Voice translation is neat but it will require a data connection, which is what makes smartphones frustrating. Unless you're hooked up to WiFi or 4/3G it becomes another pointless feature.

Kind of reminds me of this new iPad commercial that's running here in the UK. Shows this person travelling around the world and all the great things the iPad can be used for to enhance your trip. Doesn't mention that to do majority of the things it shows you need a data connection...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Kind of reminds me of this new iPad commercial that's running here in the UK. Shows this person travelling around the world and all the great things the iPad can be used for to enhance your trip. Doesn't mention that to do majority of the things it shows you need a data connection...

People with iPads are rich, they can afford the roaming costs. You're just jealous!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Is it true that the iPhone doesn't have FM radio?! Wow, an fm chip costs like, $2? I didn't expect this from apple 😖

Keep in mind the iPhone is a premium product. Designed for data always on environments. Most people who own iPhones probably stream music or use mp3 as the music player is actually good. Add in that most countries are going digital and FM becomes less used feature.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Even your 620 doesn't have it!
The headphone jack is seperate from the motherboard, it is attached to the cover, so the connecting link between the headphone jack and the processor is broken. So the FM chip is present, just not enabled. Anyway, the high end Lumias like the 920,925,1020, etc have it. So Apple and Samsung have no excuse for not including it in their high end 'smartphones'. They just want to gain money 💵 through online radio streaming services. :Eck: They should include these basic features instead of the gimmick features like heart rate monitor, etc.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The headphone jack is seperate from the motherboard, it is attached to the cover, so the connecting link between the headphone jack and the processor is broken. So the FM chip is present, just not enabled. Anyway, the high end Lumias like the 920,925,1020, etc have it. So Apple and Samsung have no excuse for not including it in their high end 'smartphones'. They just want to gain money 💵 through online radio streaming services. :Eck: They should include these basic features instead of the gimmick features like heart rate monitor, etc.

It's possible the newer phones won't have it in the future, except the one for emerging markets.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Radio is not a basic feature.
It was years ago . Times have changed. Let's Move on.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll be very happy to see the backend of this week. If I'm still at this company for the next airshow I'm taking the time off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)