WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's hot so ice cream would be better than a cake :D.
But seriously, I agree with you. Vahib's post maybe wasn't meant to be offensive but because of the past it sounded as an attack on Chregu's opinion about WIN 8. So Vahib, think a bit before you post something, the person on the other side can't know how things were meant.

Here's all I will say about this topic:

For most of the regulars here, English isn't the first language. Much of the regulars here are under 21 years old. We are used to having people in their teens post here. No issues with it.

There have been many mediated posts calling for caution in how words are phrased. He should heed those calls, especially if English may not be his first language. Remember, this is the internet, where it is harder to tell context and tone.

If I were to suggest anything, these two could talk off the forum, iron this out and move forward. It is starting to hurt my eyes to keep reading this same topic for the past 3 days. Seriously.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Alright,I just quoted pacifist as an example. I know what a pacifist is.He called me a nitwit today for no reason. Now its that an insult or not? I know a meaningful discussion when I see one, and when I'm wrong I like to admit I'm wrong and stop arguing with the other
person. But Chregu is not like that no...
Like for example, take today. I posted my opinion about Windows 8, and there wasn't any mention of chregu in it. Why should he get angry? I'm asking this so that I can know where I went wrong with such a simple post. You are older than me, can you advice me where I went wrong? Thank you Sir.

First lets clear something up here. I'm not speaking of the 'incident' with Chregu, I'm speaking in general. I could go back an dig up all the crap you said about me when all I did was jokingly say to speak English. You went off on me for no reason. That was my point. On top of that you seem to think you can just spew whatever you want then at the end say 'I hope I didn't offend you' like that clears you of anything you say.

I understand English is your second language and maybe you don't fully get the intricacies of sarcasm and whit. That doesn't give you the right to say crap about people and then apologise afterwards because you were too fired up at the time. That's what I meant before about the chip on your shoulder and the balloon ego, meaning fragile. Typical of people your age and whether that's the way you are or not, that's the way you come across.

I'm not going to speak for Chregu, it's up to him to say what he wants about things. I haven't seen what else has been written between you two.

I'm just saying your communication style is not that great and needs a bit of polish and with that comes the consequences of people taking it the wrong way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I finally saw the Lumia 930 in person. Nothing special. It looks a lot like the Sony devices that are out.

I have to say the HTC M8 is a nice looking phone. If Microsoft manages something like that I may buy it. It will have to have the right specs though.

So I plan to swing by the Sony store after work today to see if they got the Z2 yet. I read somewhere they had the Z1 Compact for sale their now. Knowing what I know now, if i were buying 2 phones right now, I'd get a Z1 Compact and a 1020. The Compact would be my daily driver and the 1020 as my weekend phone. Both have excellent cameras and they use microSIMs, which I like still. Best of all, they hit that 4.5-4.7" sweet spot of mine. Sadly, Sony doesn't have a 7"/8" Android tablet yet, and that's why they killed off the Z ultra line.

Point is there are many very good choices out there. It is just for folks to be smart with what they choose.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...i answered the smartphone addiction thread. I'm still trying to figure out what is "worse" that OP talking about having owned 30 smartphones in 4 years, or me having owned 50 phones overall in 10 years?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So...i answered the smartphone addiction thread. I'm still trying to figure out what is "worse" that OP talking about having owned 30 smartphones in 4 years, or me having owned 50 phones overall in 10 years?

I think 30 in 4 is a bit of an overkill... 50 over 10 is not that bad. That's 5 a year The other is around 7 a year. .

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think 30 in 4 is a bit of an overkill... 50 over 10 is not that bad. That's 5 a year The other is around 7 a year. .

We weren't counting repeats. I still thought his was higher than mine, but it is always funny to see people **** their pants when you drop a phrase like "50 cell phones owned in 10 years)...😉

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We weren't counting repeats. I still thought his was higher than mine, but it is always funny to see people **** their pants when you drop a phrase like "50 cell phones owned in 10 years)...��

That's because people see the 50 before the 10. :p Still I'm not saying that isn't a lot. :p I think I only had 10 mobile phones all up, 4 of them smartphones.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So I plan to swing by the Sony store after work today to see if they got the Z2 yet. I read somewhere they had the Z1 Compact for sale their now. Knowing what I know now, if i were buying 2 phones right now, I'd get a Z1 Compact and a 1020. The Compact would be my daily driver and the 1020 as my weekend phone. Both have excellent cameras and they use microSIMs, which I like still. Best of all, they hit that 4.5-4.7" sweet spot of mine. Sadly, Sony doesn't have a 7"/8" Android tablet yet, and that's why they killed off the Z ultra line.

Point is there are many very good choices out there. It is just for folks to be smart with what they choose.

My uncle has Z1 Compact. I haven't heard a bad word about it from him. Although, he is not really a power user, mails, calls, SMS and internet. He likes it because it's quite small. Oh and battery is said to be good, he gets 4 days on single charge. It's a real power house, especially for that size.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

First lets clear something up here. I'm not speaking of the 'incident' with Chregu, I'm speaking in general. I could go back an dig up all the crap you said about me when all I did was jokingly say to speak English. You went off on me for no reason. That was my point. On top of that you seem to think you can just spew whatever you want then at the end say 'I hope I didn't offend you' like that clears you of anything you say.

I understand English is your second language and maybe you don't fully get the intricacies of sarcasm and whit. That doesn't give you the right to say crap about people and then apologise afterwards because you were too fired up at the time. That's what I meant before about the chip on your shoulder and the balloon ego, meaning fragile. Typical of people your age and whether that's the way you are or not, that's the way you come across.

I'm not going to speak for Chregu, it's up to him to say what he wants about things. I haven't seen what else has been written between you two.

I'm just saying your communication style is not that great and needs a bit of polish and with that comes the consequences of people taking it the wrong way.
Hmm ok I'll work on my communication skills. Thank you :)
I didn't know that when I apologise after speaking something wrong people take it the wrong way too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just say, I have a flair for the unusual but very practical gadget. That's why you'll never see me own a "popular model" like a Galaxy S/iPhone type models. Nor a Nike Fuel band or a Fitband Flex. Being a rebel is better in that regard.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I just say, I have a flair for the unusual but very practical gadget. That's why you'll never see me own a "popular model" like a Galaxy S/iPhone type models. Nor a Nike Fuel band or a Fitband Flex. Being a rebel is better in that regard.
^This. This is exactly why I purchased a Lumia. I wanted the phone to be different from the rest of the usual competition. Be different, be unique :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmm ok I'll work on my communication skills. Thank you :)
I didn't know that when I apologise after speaking something wrong people take it the wrong way too.

Nothing wrong with apologising it's about communicating the right way the first time around.

Let me give you an example (this is not anything you've said but just to give a taste of how it's perceived).

Example - I think your opinion stinks and you don't know anything, You should know what you speak of before you open your mouth. Hope I didn't offend you.

Example apology - Sorry for calling you a simpleton. I didn't really mean that.

That's how people see your writing. Hope that makes things clearer.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My uncle has Z1 Compact. I haven't heard a bad word about it from him. Although, he is not really a power user, mails, calls, SMS and internet. He likes it because it's quite small. Oh and battery is said to be good, he gets 4 days on single charge. It's a real power house, especially for that size.

I honestly was going to buy it over the Z Ultra but you know Sony when they just launch a phone...overpriced to the hilt. Knowing me, I'd have owned a purple model and the yellow 1020. I liked the compact because it is a real powerhouse from what I'd read.
Oddly enough now, the site I quote my prices from have the Compact and 1020 for the same price. Honestly, the compact smokes even the Nexus 5 32GB at that same price, especially since Sony has been updating both it and the Z Ultra very quickly. So you get a better battery life, better camera, more storage, premium design for trading off a slightly larger screen, higher resolution and Qi...and updates come on about the same pace for both models.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

^This. This is exactly why I purchased a Lumia. I wanted the phone to be different from the rest of the usual competition. Be different, be unique :)

I personally want a device that gives me what I need. I don't care about standing out from the crowd or being different. I'm well past that. I just want the damn thing to work.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I honestly was going to buy it over the Z Ultra but you know Sony when they just launch a phone...overpriced to the hilt. Knowing me, I'd have owned a purple model and the yellow 1020. I liked the compact because it is a real powerhouse from what I'd read.

Oddly enough now, the site I quote my prices from have the Compact and 1020 for the same price. Honestly, the compact smokes even the Nexus 5 32GB at that same price, especially since Sony has been updating both it and the Z Ultra very quickly. So you get a better battery life, better camera, more storage, premium design for trading off a slightly larger screen, higher resolution and Qi...and updates come on about the same pace for both models.

I saw a tonne of Sony's when I was at the mall looking at phones. They look really nice. I don't fully recall all the models but they look well made and have some nice colours.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

They are bit overpriced bit generally they are really good devices. My cousin has Z2 tablet and I really like it but it's just too expensive.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Nothing wrong with apologising it's about communicating the right way the first time around.

Let me give you an example (this is not anything you've said but just to give a taste of how it's perceived).

Example - I think your opinion stinks and you don't know anything, You should know what you speak of before you open your mouth. Hope I didn't offend you.

Example apology - Sorry for calling you a simpleton. I didn't really mean that.

That's how people see your writing. Hope that makes things clearer.
Thank you, it's clear now :) I didn't know people would perceive things that way. Guess I'll slowly learn all these things as I get older :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So we've hit 31C. No wonder why it feels so hot!

We have more thunderstorms coming for tomorrow apparently. I was looking forward to the weekend. Well, I'll look forward to it anyway. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo