WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Thank you, it's clear now :) I didn't know people would perceive things that way. Guess when I grow older I'll learn all these things as I get older :)

I think it's just the difference is language style. To give an example. In Finnish language, to an outsider, the way they talk could seem impolite. It's not, because their language is very complex. Tone and the words they use carry lots of meaning behind them. Finnish doesn't really translate well into English because it's so different. To give an example, there is no he/she or him/her in Finnish so lots of Finnish people will call women or girls him or he. There's many more but you get what I mean.

I'm a native English speaker and I read a lot and watch and see everything in English. So I'm used to a certain way of speaking. I've also lived in three different English speaking countries so I'm very familiar with the differences. When someone speaks English as a second language it's possible their cultural differences can come through and put people off because the way you naturally communicate is different than the way I would expect as an English speaker. The words and the tone and the meaning could come across differently which can upset people. You might not realise you're doing it. So it's not about me picking on you or even Chregu picking on you, we are trying to point out that maybe you're not communicating as you might think you are.

Hope that covers this topic. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They are bit overpriced bit generally they are really good devices. My cousin has Z2 tablet and I really like it but it's just too expensive.

Sony has been overpricing things from before Apple was Apple. Lol. That's my thing with them that grinds my gears. I was a long time Sony Ericcson guy - best phone I ever owned from them was a P990. Never bought anything when they adopted Android until I played with the Xperia S and T and really liked those.

Their stuff is good. The Z1 Compact is very tempting. I may wait until the end of summer to decide what I'm doing. Nothing is happening next week. 😉

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw a tonne of Sony's when I was at the mall looking at phones. They look really nice. I don't fully recall all the models but they look well made and have some nice colours.

They make very good stuff. If I were going to Android more, I'd get a Z2 tablet and a Z1 Compact. I guess for my needs, Android doesn't translate as well to a 10"+ screen...so that's whats got me hooked on the Z Ultra so much.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sony has been overpricing things from before Apple was Apple. Lol. That's my thing with them that grinds my gears. I was a long time Sony Ericcson guy - best phone I ever owned from them was a P990. Never bought anything when they adopted Android until I played with the Xperia S and T and really liked those.

Their stuff is good. The Z1 Compact is very tempting. I may wait until the end of summer to decide what I'm doing. Nothing is happening next week. ��

Sony has always over priced their stuff claiming it to be quality. I have to say their laptops are not worth the extra cash. Not that they make laptops any more. :p

The phones look well built. I'll have to have a go at their interface to see if it's to my liking. :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Their stuff is good. The Z1 Compact is very tempting. I may wait until the end of summer to decide what I'm doing. Nothing is happening next week. 😉

Well to be fair, Nokias are also overpriced and the only one I bought when it was released was Nokia C6-01. The price of L820 dropped for 120 ? before I bought it.

And Microsoft is still the same old Microsoft, builds cool thing and than cancels it before it gets released. So in 2 years Apple or Google will come up with this and they will be playing catch up game, AGAIN !!! Why, just WHY MS ?
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-kills-3d-touch-windows-phone-codenamed-mclaren

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I personally want a device that gives me what I need. I don't care about standing out from the crowd or being different. I'm well past that. I just want the damn thing to work.

^This. This is exactly why I purchased a Lumia. I wanted the phone to be different from the rest of the usual competition. Be different, be unique :)

I do both. I've never bought a device that didn't fit my needs at the time. I just like the ones that do it in a unique way. Right now, the most unique designs in WP belong to the 8S and 925. 😁

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So the McLaren has been binned. Looks like my next phone is leaning more heavily to android.

Apparently they don't seem to have any flagships in pipeline for the autumn. This is not good.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I think it's just the difference is language style. To give an example. In Finnish language, to an outsider, the way they talk could seem impolite. It's not, because their language is very complex. Tone and the words they use carry lots of meaning behind them. Finnish doesn't really translate well into English because it's so different. To give an example, there is no he/she or him/her in Finnish so lots of Finnish people will call women or girls him or he. There's many more but you get what I mean.

I'm a native English speaker and I read a lot and watch and see everything in English. So I'm used to a certain way of speaking. I've also lived in three different English speaking countries so I'm very familiar with the differences. When someone speaks English as a second language it's possible their cultural differences can come through and put people off because the way you naturally communicate is different than the way I would expect as an English speaker. The words and the tone and the meaning could come across differently which can upset people. You might not realise you're doing it. So it's not about me picking on you or even Chregu picking on you, we are trying to point out that maybe you're not communicating as you might think you are.

Hope that covers this topic. :)

Btw N_LaRUE, how much do you speak or understand Finnish?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sony has always over priced their stuff claiming it to be quality. I have to say their laptops are not worth the extra cash. Not that they make laptops any more. :p

The phones look well built. I'll have to have a go at their interface to see if it's to my liking. :)

The biggest issue with Sony right now is that ergonomically, their phones aren't mainstream. For example, they look great and are eye catching, bit some fond the angular lines not as comfortable to grip, like the Nexus 4 and iPhone 4/4S. The design is very distinct, but for protracted use, it has an adjustment.

Personally, I like it. But it's not for everyone. You've got to feel it in hand first to see if it is for you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well to be fair, Nokias are also overpriced and the only one I bought when it was released was Nokia C6-01. The price of L820 dropped for 120 ? before I bought it.

And Microsoft is still the same old Microsoft, builds cool thing and than cancels it before it gets released. So in 2 years Apple or Google will come up with this and they will be playing catch up game, AGAIN !!! Why, just WHY MS ?
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-kills-3d-touch-windows-phone-codenamed-mclaren

Yes, Nokia's Lumia line is overpriced. But compared to Sony, and Apple, they're lightweights.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the McLaren has been binned. Looks like my next phone is leaning more heavily to android.

Apparently they don't seem to have any flagships in pipeline for the autumn. This is not good.

It doesn't. If I can find a nice Android with a nano SIM that takes Qi, I may get a 1520. Otherwise, if the Nexus 6 goes of nano-SIM and still keeps Qi, I may get a 930 after all.

WP is now the weekend OS. Sad state of affairs in the court of public opinion.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Btw N_LaRUE, how much do you speak or understand Finnish?

I used to know more but like all things if you don't use it regularly you loose it. I lived for a year in Finland and took language class. The language is phonetic and had the same alphabet as English, with a couple of additions but due to it's different grammar, though similar in a way to English, it was hard for me.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I used to know more but like all things if you don't use it regularly you loose it. I lived for a year in Finland and took language class. The language is phonetic and had the same alphabet as English, with a couple of additions but due to it's different grammar, though similar in a way to English, it was hard for me.

Yes, it's said, that Finnish is a quite hard language to learn, but then again, which one is easy!😊

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here's what I find funniest of the McLaren news. When Elop was being courted in the CEO sweepstakes, people yelled murder when he wanted to kill off Xbox of and Bing...people when up in arms. Betcha if Nadella takes some drastic measures to streamline the company people will get their pitchforks the same way...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786