WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There are native speakers who's English is worse than yours, so don't sweat it.

What's interesting in Finland is that you run into people who speak English very well but usually the first thing they'll tell you is that they don't.

We learned from some of my wife's relatives (mostly around my age or older) that teachers were quite strict with learning English and other languages. Whether this continues today in the same way I'm not sure. Because of this a lot of Finnish people are cautious about saying something wrong.

Saying that however I noticed the last time we were there more English speakers were available. Even in the smaller towns.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think Microsoft will release a phone with 3d touch under a different codename. First it was Goldfinger, then McLaren, and now it will be something else this year,IMHO. At least the 3D touch R&D is still going on :/

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

What's interesting in Finland is that you run into people who speak English very well but usually the first thing they'll tell you is that they don't.

I've met people the opposite of that... Not Finnish, but they say they speak English very well but wait until they open their mouth! :| and the worst thing is you can't even correct them!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I need a new Microsoft mobile as the successor of my yellow minion baby 👶😋
Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

So Google chrome has been sucking battery 🔋 life since 2010.... After four years I finally found out the cause of my father's old hp laptops' 💻 battery getting drained quickly in just 2 hours with casual web browsing.It gets 5 hours of battery life on Office 🏢 work. Uninstalling it right now!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I was thinking of making garlic bread 🍞.... But then I won't get French bread anywhere near :( :'( and it needs butter!!! I'm thinking calories here =| all the good things are high in calories!!
Sent from my Yellow Minion using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We learned from some of my wife's relatives (mostly around my age or older) that teachers were quite strict with learning English and other languages. Whether this continues today in the same way I'm not sure. Because of this a lot of Finnish people are cautious about saying something wrong.

Saying that however I noticed the last time we were there more English speakers were available. Even in the smaller towns.

My take has always been: English is a P.O.S. language that we have to use thanks to the country with the #1 contemporary economy (US) and the last country to control about 1/5 of the world's geographic landmass (UK).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think Microsoft will release a phone with 3d touch under a different codename. First it was Goldfinger, then McLaren, and now it will be something else this year,IMHO. At least the 3D touch R&D is still going on :/

For their sake, I hope you're correct.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Dilli to bahut dinon baad thanda Hua h na :) ab summer kahan?! :)
Translation for others-Delhi has gotten cool after a long summer... Where is the summer now....eh, that doesn't sound right, well that's the best translation I can do :)

ahhan No problem ;) Got admission in college ? this year cut off list is just horrible 100% marks for hansraj college -_- One can do BTech from a private university (amity,Jims )

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

My take has always been: English is a P.O.S. language that we have to use thanks to the country with the #1 contemporary economy (US) and the last country to control about 1/5 of the world's geographic landmass (UK).
^This. The English tone and tenor varies vastly in different places..... No two places speak exactly the same English. Even within India we can observe this trend. A north Indian and a south Indian pronounce and understand English very very differently. :)

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

ahhan No problem ;) Got admission in college ? this year cut off list is just horrible 100% marks for hansraj college -_- One can do BTech from a private university (amity,Jims )
No yaar, age problem h! I'm 16, you have to be 17 at the time of appearing for AIPMT. I wrote the exam and cleared it, but the MCI rejected due to age factor. Ek saal bekar gaya :( hope I get AIIMS next year :hopeful:

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

No yaar, age problem h! I'm 16, you have to be 17 at the time of appearing for AIPMT. I wrote the exam and cleared it, but the MCI rejected due to age factor. Ek saal bekar gaya :( hope I get AIIMS next year :hopeful:

Ayiii koi ni.... You'll get it next year :)

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Yaar DU Economics cut ✂ off is so high. 100% is the cutoff for first list. 😖 DU must be joking, CBSE board me 100% kaun lata h lol 😅 topper ka hi 99.6% h... 0.4% se atak gaya 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99